Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "Renting"
1 2 3 4 5
Support - Would make things much safer for getting the different eye colors
Support - Would make things much safer for getting the different eye colors
Support, I like the amount of thought and detail was put into this idea!

@wyakin
As someone who participates in nest rentals all the time (both sending my dragons out and hosting other peoples dragons) I think that this would be a great mechanic. Other suggestions similar to this had issues crop up where the automatic return of the dragon failed if the original owner ran out of lair space, so I really like the idea of getting out the dragon /technically keep that lair space filled.

Alternatively, as I don’t think the site would like it if the dragon was technically in two spots at once, the nest rental service could completely move the rented dragon into the hoster’s lair (with the various levels of interaction set, ie breeding/leveling/ect) level and the original owner gets a totem / waystone / homestone that fills a lair spot rather than a grayed out version of the dragon. This stone/item could maybe have a timer for when the dragon will return, maybe a link to the dragon so you can easily check on it and mainly just takes up lair space so that the original owner can’t accidentally run out of lair space while waiting for their dragon to return.
Support, I like the amount of thought and detail was put into this idea!

@wyakin
As someone who participates in nest rentals all the time (both sending my dragons out and hosting other peoples dragons) I think that this would be a great mechanic. Other suggestions similar to this had issues crop up where the automatic return of the dragon failed if the original owner ran out of lair space, so I really like the idea of getting out the dragon /technically keep that lair space filled.

Alternatively, as I don’t think the site would like it if the dragon was technically in two spots at once, the nest rental service could completely move the rented dragon into the hoster’s lair (with the various levels of interaction set, ie breeding/leveling/ect) level and the original owner gets a totem / waystone / homestone that fills a lair spot rather than a grayed out version of the dragon. This stone/item could maybe have a timer for when the dragon will return, maybe a link to the dragon so you can easily check on it and mainly just takes up lair space so that the original owner can’t accidentally run out of lair space while waiting for their dragon to return.
SpiritFeather.gif
I definitely would like something like this.

As it is, renting dragons is really common on this site. Certain things (like eye colours) are flight locked. So if you want to start a breeding project for Arcane primal and you're in Nature (and unwilling to move), then you need to rent nests. Hatchery owners rent for matching eyes as well. Renting lvl 25s is also common for newbies or people trying to develop their own coli team or train fodder for dom pushes.

The current state of dragon loaning is... bad, because it is an unsanctioned transaction and there's basically nothing the staff can or will do if a dragon of yours gets yoinked. This is why I never loan out my dragons, not after having a bad experience with that in the past. But I would like a way to have access to other nests for breeding projects. Currently I am working on one, and I am planning to move to plague in the future to work on another one, but considering what breeding projects can be like especially when special eyes are involved, that timeline stretches for years...
I definitely would like something like this.

As it is, renting dragons is really common on this site. Certain things (like eye colours) are flight locked. So if you want to start a breeding project for Arcane primal and you're in Nature (and unwilling to move), then you need to rent nests. Hatchery owners rent for matching eyes as well. Renting lvl 25s is also common for newbies or people trying to develop their own coli team or train fodder for dom pushes.

The current state of dragon loaning is... bad, because it is an unsanctioned transaction and there's basically nothing the staff can or will do if a dragon of yours gets yoinked. This is why I never loan out my dragons, not after having a bad experience with that in the past. But I would like a way to have access to other nests for breeding projects. Currently I am working on one, and I am planning to move to plague in the future to work on another one, but considering what breeding projects can be like especially when special eyes are involved, that timeline stretches for years...
jCVhFoZ.gif
Definite support!

I don't think apparel / skins should be removed, though. It's already a pain to undress permas, send them, and dress them again. I'd rather those just be locked from editing as well.

I'd also love an AH sort of set-up, with flight-exclusive rentals too as that would be very useful for dom. And it would be good to be able to lock rentals from certain actions, or have to choose what to rent them for (say i want to rent one of my permas out during a dom push so they can level fodder... I do not want that dragon getting bred).
Definite support!

I don't think apparel / skins should be removed, though. It's already a pain to undress permas, send them, and dress them again. I'd rather those just be locked from editing as well.

I'd also love an AH sort of set-up, with flight-exclusive rentals too as that would be very useful for dom. And it would be good to be able to lock rentals from certain actions, or have to choose what to rent them for (say i want to rent one of my permas out during a dom push so they can level fodder... I do not want that dragon getting bred).
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I am super interested in seeing this or something like this in FR. It could probably use some tweaks, but I'd definitely say this is a great idea. If it was introduced I'd feel a lot more free to design breeding projects and pairs I really love because I could have a matching eye colour in a safer, less volatile system than just giving rare dragons to strangers at my own peril

Maybe it would be worth also having an opposite option where the owner of the of the dragon pays the renter, for things like levelling services where the owner is receiving [something, in this example, a higher level] on their dragon (also useful for clanbound item transactions). If this is decided that this option is unfeasible to add as well then there definitely ought to be the ability for the renter to rent for free, so payment can be done elsewhere.

Definitely all for there to be a rent settings/check list for the owner to set the rules for the dragon and then the renter can look at and approve the rent process after checking the set rules.
I am super interested in seeing this or something like this in FR. It could probably use some tweaks, but I'd definitely say this is a great idea. If it was introduced I'd feel a lot more free to design breeding projects and pairs I really love because I could have a matching eye colour in a safer, less volatile system than just giving rare dragons to strangers at my own peril

Maybe it would be worth also having an opposite option where the owner of the of the dragon pays the renter, for things like levelling services where the owner is receiving [something, in this example, a higher level] on their dragon (also useful for clanbound item transactions). If this is decided that this option is unfeasible to add as well then there definitely ought to be the ability for the renter to rent for free, so payment can be done elsewhere.

Definitely all for there to be a rent settings/check list for the owner to set the rules for the dragon and then the renter can look at and approve the rent process after checking the set rules.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
Support
Support
image0.png
[quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-01-27 09:29:41" ] I like the idea of dragon renting with checkbox of what the user can do with the dragon. For example if I lend a dragon for levelling I dont want them to breed it while it's in their lair. This would also open up the options like 'alter bio' and 'change genes' permissions if someone was using this for more security on a travelling dragon from the forum games (goal is to have the dragon see as many lairs as possible, and have those people add lore or alter the dragon without exalting them). This would also clear up the optional stuff like the battle stones question, cause you can select whether a person can alter them or not (some people pay for stones to be added while levelling). [/quote] This. A dragon can be rented for various reasons, and having checkboxes to indicate the purpose of renting would be lovely. Also thought of traveling dragons when I read the suggestion :D
Stormfly wrote on 2021-01-27 09:29:41:
I like the idea of dragon renting with checkbox of what the user can do with the dragon. For example if I lend a dragon for levelling I dont want them to breed it while it's in their lair.

This would also open up the options like 'alter bio' and 'change genes' permissions if someone was using this for more security on a travelling dragon from the forum games (goal is to have the dragon see as many lairs as possible, and have those people add lore or alter the dragon without exalting them). This would also clear up the optional stuff like the battle stones question, cause you can select whether a person can alter them or not (some people pay for stones to be added while levelling).
This. A dragon can be rented for various reasons, and having checkboxes to indicate the purpose of renting would be lovely. Also thought of traveling dragons when I read the suggestion :D
I mean I think this is a pretty good idea! As someone who has big paranoia and anxiety with renting out my dragons while I'd love for them to have matching eyes.

This would make a great alternative in which the dragons you send are returned automatically and are unable to be exalted or sold. It would most likely diminish scams entirely. Though Im sure if your dragons breed and have hatchlings the babies wont be returned and would need to be returned manually??

dunno tho, I support :3
I mean I think this is a pretty good idea! As someone who has big paranoia and anxiety with renting out my dragons while I'd love for them to have matching eyes.

This would make a great alternative in which the dragons you send are returned automatically and are unable to be exalted or sold. It would most likely diminish scams entirely. Though Im sure if your dragons breed and have hatchlings the babies wont be returned and would need to be returned manually??

dunno tho, I support :3
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3084436#post_3084436 Get yourself some free dragons before they go in goop mom’s goo
May I rent a dragon?
May I rent a dragon?
@Artxe333 This is a suggestion for a site-sanctioned nest rental sysrem. If you want to rent a nest from another player, you can check out the Nest Network.
@Artxe333 This is a suggestion for a site-sanctioned nest rental sysrem. If you want to rent a nest from another player, you can check out the Nest Network.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
1 2 3 4 5