Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "Renting"
1 2 3 4 5
I wish to offer my support as well. I have plans for dragons that I would need to rent out in order to get the correct eye types but doing so makes me very nervous. This would solve all my issues and make the whole thing a lot more 'official' and a lot simpler.
I wish to offer my support as well. I have plans for dragons that I would need to rent out in order to get the correct eye types but doing so makes me very nervous. This would solve all my issues and make the whole thing a lot more 'official' and a lot simpler.
Please! This is a really nice thought out system, and as someone who needs to do lair rentals but is super nervous about it, this would solve a big issue for me
Please! This is a really nice thought out system, and as someone who needs to do lair rentals but is super nervous about it, this would solve a big issue for me
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Massive support. I would feel much more comfortable trying to lend out my dragons for breeding if this was the case.
Massive support. I would feel much more comfortable trying to lend out my dragons for breeding if this was the case.

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
I love this idea! All of the support
I love this idea! All of the support
tumblr_otm5qr533e1v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.pngab5JLAC.pngtumblr_otm5qr533e1v8lm95o2_r1_75sq.png
I'd support!! I was sold when you put the phrase "traveling dragon" in there. I'd love to partake in a system like this for lore purposes, since I do have a dragon that in my headcanon travels to many parts of Sorneith.
I'd support!! I was sold when you put the phrase "traveling dragon" in there. I'd love to partake in a system like this for lore purposes, since I do have a dragon that in my headcanon travels to many parts of Sorneith.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
support! This is a great idea, fits in with game and avoids scammers
support! This is a great idea, fits in with game and avoids scammers
VsoSnU5.png
I think this is a neat suggestion, but it seems like a big undertaking for something a good chunk of the player base will never touch. In addition, features suggested may be useful to hosters and coli grinders, but they are useful to scammers and trolls as well.

I have a lot of concerns about how this system could be used:
  • Renting dragons could become a way to scam new players. Newbies could be convinced to send money in exchange for a dragon, but have the dragon be returned to the scammer minutes later.
  • Having a nest be cancellable by the renter would make breeding a dragon with a rented one risky. If a renter turned out to be malicious, the hoster could end up with up to a 35 day breeding cooldown on their personal dragon with nothing to show for it, out of no fault of their own.
  • Nesting is explicitly something that cannot be cancelled. I don't entirely know why this is the case, but i believe that it was added that way for a reason. Creating a way to circumvent this seems less than ideal.
  • With Coli grinding, letting renters temporarily change the stats of dragons is a bit problematic. A mechanic that is basically a free substitute for tinctures is strange to include.

I think my main issue is that the porposed change tries to do so much. For a renting system to be added, it would need to be fairly simple and have very little overlap with existing features.
Rather than a specific system for renting, adding an option in CR for sent dragons to be locked and/or unbreedable, with a very clear warning to both parties on what that means, until returned to the original owner may be more feasible.

Support for the concept, no support for the proposed implementation.
I think this is a neat suggestion, but it seems like a big undertaking for something a good chunk of the player base will never touch. In addition, features suggested may be useful to hosters and coli grinders, but they are useful to scammers and trolls as well.

I have a lot of concerns about how this system could be used:
  • Renting dragons could become a way to scam new players. Newbies could be convinced to send money in exchange for a dragon, but have the dragon be returned to the scammer minutes later.
  • Having a nest be cancellable by the renter would make breeding a dragon with a rented one risky. If a renter turned out to be malicious, the hoster could end up with up to a 35 day breeding cooldown on their personal dragon with nothing to show for it, out of no fault of their own.
  • Nesting is explicitly something that cannot be cancelled. I don't entirely know why this is the case, but i believe that it was added that way for a reason. Creating a way to circumvent this seems less than ideal.
  • With Coli grinding, letting renters temporarily change the stats of dragons is a bit problematic. A mechanic that is basically a free substitute for tinctures is strange to include.

I think my main issue is that the porposed change tries to do so much. For a renting system to be added, it would need to be fairly simple and have very little overlap with existing features.
Rather than a specific system for renting, adding an option in CR for sent dragons to be locked and/or unbreedable, with a very clear warning to both parties on what that means, until returned to the original owner may be more feasible.

Support for the concept, no support for the proposed implementation.
support
support
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
I have some feedback!
For your three "questions" about logistics:

Items/skins/familiar options
I think B is the best option, I like to have familiars with all my dragons to bond wih them, if I was to rent a dragon, and it would have another player's familiar, I wouldn't be able to have my own familiar with it that I could bond with every day.

Battle stones options
I think A is the best option. B would be good, but I can imagine a lot of people might accidentally put stones on a rented dragon (and some battle stones can be very expensive!), plus, it would be sort of unfair, no? To both level up another person's dragon, and give them free battlestones, although the person whose dragon is getting leveled and free stones, is GETTING PAID to have someone do this for them? That would be a bit unbalanced, I think xD

Battle stats options
Here, I think C is the best option. There is no harm done in doing it this way, you get to use the dragons stronger stats as you level it up, and also the person who owns the dragon will get free reign of those stat points themselves when they get their dragon back. win-win^^

I think letting the two parts of the rent, choose whih options they want would lead to a lot of misunderstanding and uneccesary disagreement, just having the set rule would probably be best.

Canceling a Rental
It makes sense that the person renting the dragon can cancel at any time, and send the dragon home, but if this is done, the payment should still go to the person who owns the dragon if more than maybe 24 hours has passed. (The person who owns the dragon may hae gone to rather great lengths to get the dragon ready for renting; removing a familiar, removing all its' apparel, skins/accents and background, and should be paid, I think).
(But also, a part of this whole thing should be that one dragon slot in the owner's lair will be "reserved" for the time that their dragon is gone, in case the renter decides to send the dragon home early. aka one slot will be empty and reserved for only the dragon that is rented away, and cannot be filled by any other dragon).

The owner of the dragon should not be allowed to cancel. You have agreed to letting another player rent your dragon, and you gotta stick by that as a lot of plans could be ruined for the person who rents the dragon. They may have started a nest for a very specific colour combination they're looking for, and those eggs would all get removed if the owner was to cancel. That would leave the renter with a dragon on a breeding cooldown for no reward at all, no eggs because the owner canceled the trade, that would be EXTREMELY unfair. And I mean, of course, after the trade has been finalized, they should obviously be allowed to decline an offer before then. Just not after the renter has received the dragon.
The payment I think should be delivered right at the beginning of the rental. The renter gets the dragon right away (and the security of keeping the dragon for the full time that they have decided on an paid for), so the owner should also get their money right away, or after 24 hours has passed for it to make sense with what I said previously; if the renter cancels after 24 hours or so, they still have to pay the full price. If they cancel before that, maybe they should only have to pay half price? (But that would be difficult if you can pay with anything (dragons, food, items, materials, treasure, gems, etc etc etc)..)

At least that's what I think! This whole thing is a very good idea in my opinion^^ It just needs a little polishing cx
I have some feedback!
For your three "questions" about logistics:

Items/skins/familiar options
I think B is the best option, I like to have familiars with all my dragons to bond wih them, if I was to rent a dragon, and it would have another player's familiar, I wouldn't be able to have my own familiar with it that I could bond with every day.

Battle stones options
I think A is the best option. B would be good, but I can imagine a lot of people might accidentally put stones on a rented dragon (and some battle stones can be very expensive!), plus, it would be sort of unfair, no? To both level up another person's dragon, and give them free battlestones, although the person whose dragon is getting leveled and free stones, is GETTING PAID to have someone do this for them? That would be a bit unbalanced, I think xD

Battle stats options
Here, I think C is the best option. There is no harm done in doing it this way, you get to use the dragons stronger stats as you level it up, and also the person who owns the dragon will get free reign of those stat points themselves when they get their dragon back. win-win^^

I think letting the two parts of the rent, choose whih options they want would lead to a lot of misunderstanding and uneccesary disagreement, just having the set rule would probably be best.

Canceling a Rental
It makes sense that the person renting the dragon can cancel at any time, and send the dragon home, but if this is done, the payment should still go to the person who owns the dragon if more than maybe 24 hours has passed. (The person who owns the dragon may hae gone to rather great lengths to get the dragon ready for renting; removing a familiar, removing all its' apparel, skins/accents and background, and should be paid, I think).
(But also, a part of this whole thing should be that one dragon slot in the owner's lair will be "reserved" for the time that their dragon is gone, in case the renter decides to send the dragon home early. aka one slot will be empty and reserved for only the dragon that is rented away, and cannot be filled by any other dragon).

The owner of the dragon should not be allowed to cancel. You have agreed to letting another player rent your dragon, and you gotta stick by that as a lot of plans could be ruined for the person who rents the dragon. They may have started a nest for a very specific colour combination they're looking for, and those eggs would all get removed if the owner was to cancel. That would leave the renter with a dragon on a breeding cooldown for no reward at all, no eggs because the owner canceled the trade, that would be EXTREMELY unfair. And I mean, of course, after the trade has been finalized, they should obviously be allowed to decline an offer before then. Just not after the renter has received the dragon.
The payment I think should be delivered right at the beginning of the rental. The renter gets the dragon right away (and the security of keeping the dragon for the full time that they have decided on an paid for), so the owner should also get their money right away, or after 24 hours has passed for it to make sense with what I said previously; if the renter cancels after 24 hours or so, they still have to pay the full price. If they cancel before that, maybe they should only have to pay half price? (But that would be difficult if you can pay with anything (dragons, food, items, materials, treasure, gems, etc etc etc)..)

At least that's what I think! This whole thing is a very good idea in my opinion^^ It just needs a little polishing cx
7fINQj7.gif BySc4Om.gif xKBtilj.gif ejBgrg7.gif Ping me!
I like the idea of dragon renting with checkbox of what the user can do with the dragon. For example if I lend a dragon for levelling I dont want them to breed it while it's in their lair.

This would also open up the options like 'alter bio' and 'change genes' permissions if someone was using this for more security on a travelling dragon from the forum games (goal is to have the dragon see as many lairs as possible, and have those people add lore or alter the dragon without exalting them). This would also clear up the optional stuff like the battle stones question, cause you can select whether a person can alter them or not (some people pay for stones to be added while levelling).
Might also be good to have to have the owner confirm a nest before allowing the dragons to breed, in case the person thinks they might look good with other dragons in their lair. This could be another checkbox for people who want to skip it. Like, Confirm Nest? [ ]

I definitely think it should be a separate section, rather than at the bottom of the cr page, unless its linked to the cr page via a button when you click to cr like the one way or two way crs are. I like the layout idea though, of the rental service being horizontal.

For canceling, id say payment up front. You run the same risk of the dragon not being leveled completely, whether or not the payment is at the end, as the person borrowing the dragon can just let the time run out. But, with payment up front it can prevent scamming with services if payment is at the end, by the owner canceling a rental when the dragon is level 20, insyead of 25 and not having to pay.

Id also like to suggest a way to turn this off. I get a lot of random friend requests (that I'm gonna have to clean out eventually, I dont know who anyone is lol), and I can see players using rentals to spam or new players sending rental breed requests for dragons they think are pretty that the owner might not want to breed. And there are some people who probably won't ever want to rent, or play the game mostly solo.

Overall I'd love a rental service! I think itd be a good addition to the game!
I like the idea of dragon renting with checkbox of what the user can do with the dragon. For example if I lend a dragon for levelling I dont want them to breed it while it's in their lair.

This would also open up the options like 'alter bio' and 'change genes' permissions if someone was using this for more security on a travelling dragon from the forum games (goal is to have the dragon see as many lairs as possible, and have those people add lore or alter the dragon without exalting them). This would also clear up the optional stuff like the battle stones question, cause you can select whether a person can alter them or not (some people pay for stones to be added while levelling).
Might also be good to have to have the owner confirm a nest before allowing the dragons to breed, in case the person thinks they might look good with other dragons in their lair. This could be another checkbox for people who want to skip it. Like, Confirm Nest? [ ]

I definitely think it should be a separate section, rather than at the bottom of the cr page, unless its linked to the cr page via a button when you click to cr like the one way or two way crs are. I like the layout idea though, of the rental service being horizontal.

For canceling, id say payment up front. You run the same risk of the dragon not being leveled completely, whether or not the payment is at the end, as the person borrowing the dragon can just let the time run out. But, with payment up front it can prevent scamming with services if payment is at the end, by the owner canceling a rental when the dragon is level 20, insyead of 25 and not having to pay.

Id also like to suggest a way to turn this off. I get a lot of random friend requests (that I'm gonna have to clean out eventually, I dont know who anyone is lol), and I can see players using rentals to spam or new players sending rental breed requests for dragons they think are pretty that the owner might not want to breed. And there are some people who probably won't ever want to rent, or play the game mostly solo.

Overall I'd love a rental service! I think itd be a good addition to the game!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
1 2 3 4 5