Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon "Renting"
1 2 3 4 5
Support! I've always been too scared of losing my dragons to do stuff like renting nests or arranged breedings. I think most folks on this site are honest about this sort of thing, but I've seen a handful of people state that they would flat-out lie to get a dragon in their lair and not give it back.

One bit of feedback though - for the Battle Stats option, I think either A or C would be best. There are only so many stat points you can earn, and most builds require a very specific number in each stat. If someone were to put points into the wrong one, the owner would have to use a Tincture of Dissolution and completely re-assign them all. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's still a bit of a hassle.
Support! I've always been too scared of losing my dragons to do stuff like renting nests or arranged breedings. I think most folks on this site are honest about this sort of thing, but I've seen a handful of people state that they would flat-out lie to get a dragon in their lair and not give it back.

One bit of feedback though - for the Battle Stats option, I think either A or C would be best. There are only so many stat points you can earn, and most builds require a very specific number in each stat. If someone were to put points into the wrong one, the owner would have to use a Tincture of Dissolution and completely re-assign them all. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's still a bit of a hassle.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
Support, it would be really nice for us to get some way of safely using nests of another element, and "traveled to stay with another clan to have eggs" seems like a reasonably lore-compliant explanation. In addition, if dragons did maintain their existing apparel/familiar it would cut down on the hassle of nesting dragons with outfits of more than one or two pieces of apparel. I think for maximum usefulness for leveling services (if it did end up being implemented as more than a nest rental mechanic) allowing stat points to be temporarily distributed and battle stones to be added but not overwritten would be the most effective way to allow levelers to continue their usual methods without compromising the existing dragon.
Support, it would be really nice for us to get some way of safely using nests of another element, and "traveled to stay with another clan to have eggs" seems like a reasonably lore-compliant explanation. In addition, if dragons did maintain their existing apparel/familiar it would cut down on the hassle of nesting dragons with outfits of more than one or two pieces of apparel. I think for maximum usefulness for leveling services (if it did end up being implemented as more than a nest rental mechanic) allowing stat points to be temporarily distributed and battle stones to be added but not overwritten would be the most effective way to allow levelers to continue their usual methods without compromising the existing dragon.
wq9PoXA.png
Other things that would be need to be done:
-lair slot locked in the dragon’s home so that after rental it can come home without issues (If the slot isn’t locked it could be filled by another dragon and if there aren’t any available spaces what happens to the dragon?)
-if bred where do the hatchlings go? Do they ‘belong’ to the renter as they are the one who bred them? Do they go to the dragon’s owner as presumely they sent the dragons to the renter for breeding? If they go to the owner, what happens if the owner doesn’t have lair space?
Other things that would be need to be done:
-lair slot locked in the dragon’s home so that after rental it can come home without issues (If the slot isn’t locked it could be filled by another dragon and if there aren’t any available spaces what happens to the dragon?)
-if bred where do the hatchlings go? Do they ‘belong’ to the renter as they are the one who bred them? Do they go to the dragon’s owner as presumely they sent the dragons to the renter for breeding? If they go to the owner, what happens if the owner doesn’t have lair space?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support, I was actually thinking about this a second ago and i came across this!
It could be a good way to earn some cash for the owner of a dragon without having to sell it permanantly. As the person above me said there needs to be some kinda lock on the lair slot.
Support, I was actually thinking about this a second ago and i came across this!
It could be a good way to earn some cash for the owner of a dragon without having to sell it permanantly. As the person above me said there needs to be some kinda lock on the lair slot.
ew9u8Xp.png
i like this idea a lot! i would gladly stud some of my dragons if it was this safe
i like this idea a lot! i would gladly stud some of my dragons if it was this safe
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
This is honestly the most well-thought-out version of this suggestion I've ever seen, and is a really interesting implementation of the concept. I do think that the money has to be held in escrow and not actually paid until the "rental" is complete, but the timer suggestion is quite good and helps mitigate the problem of "well what if one of the parties just disappears, what happens to the rented dragons?" I do want to make a suggestion on this post though: [quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-12-13 03:32:31" ] -if bred where do the hatchlings go? Do they ‘belong’ to the renter as they are the one who bred them? Do they go to the dragon’s owner as presumely they sent the dragons to the renter for breeding? If they go to the owner, what happens if the owner doesn’t have lair space? [/quote] Maybe the "rental agreement" should have a ticky box for a) if the dragon can be bred in the renting lair, and b) should resulting hatchlings go to the renter or the owner? The party receiving the hatchlings would have the obligation to keep the lair slots open, but if there are insufficient slots at the time of hatching, the other party gets them if they have open slots, and if nobody has the space by the end of the rental period, the eggs would be discarded.
This is honestly the most well-thought-out version of this suggestion I've ever seen, and is a really interesting implementation of the concept. I do think that the money has to be held in escrow and not actually paid until the "rental" is complete, but the timer suggestion is quite good and helps mitigate the problem of "well what if one of the parties just disappears, what happens to the rented dragons?"

I do want to make a suggestion on this post though:
DragonSage wrote on 2020-12-13 03:32:31:

Maybe the "rental agreement" should have a ticky box for a) if the dragon can be bred in the renting lair, and b) should resulting hatchlings go to the renter or the owner? The party receiving the hatchlings would have the obligation to keep the lair slots open, but if there are insufficient slots at the time of hatching, the other party gets them if they have open slots, and if nobody has the space by the end of the rental period, the eggs would be discarded.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Great idea!That would make me a lot less uneasy when I would use nest rentals as then they can’t steal my dregs!
Great idea!That would make me a lot less uneasy when I would use nest rentals as then they can’t steal my dregs!
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
I really like this idea! As someone who runs a hatchery and does fodder training, this would be perfect for my needs. I don't really do any nest rentals anymore, but this would make me feel a lot safer.
I really like this idea! As someone who runs a hatchery and does fodder training, this would be perfect for my needs. I don't really do any nest rentals anymore, but this would make me feel a lot safer.
T4Z7I9R.png uUqCbLO.png
tn0RSo5.png
T4yPm3o.png
mtHAEL4.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
J7D1quC.png
TdTJOrw.png
This has actually been on our mind lately, and support. We'd love to be able to rent level 25s out, but we always worry about not getting them back.
This has actually been on our mind lately, and support. We'd love to be able to rent level 25s out, but we always worry about not getting them back.
I love this suggestion! We are in GREAT NEED of rentals!
I love this suggestion! We are in GREAT NEED of rentals!
1 2 3 4 5