Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Location "None" option for Beastiar
1 2 3 4
Please, [i][b][u]please[/u][/b][/i] add an option of "None" for the Location Filter in the Bestiary Search. Please! "Why," you ask? If a familiar isn't in your Hoard, Vault, or on a Dragon, it shows up as "Undiscovered," right? But alas, no, that is not so! Once a familiar has been Awakened, it no longer shows up as Undiscovered. This means that if you have to use a familiar to unlock a slot or in a new brew, or you accidentally sold it, you now no longer Have it. And unless you go back to keeping a huge spreadsheet like we had to before the wonderful revamp of the bestiary, you won't be able to keep track of those. This is very frustrating. Super frustrating. If you are not going to allow "lost" familiars to be recognized as Undiscovered for whatever reason, [b][i][b]please[/b][/i][/b] find a way for us to be able to find those we have "lost" so we can find them once again. Lost familiars showing up as Discovered is very nice for those who just want a list of those familiars they have awakened, but does noting to help those of us who want to know which familiars they actually [b][i][u]Have[/u][/i][/b]. An option of "none" would collect those who are neither in one's Hoard, Vault, or attached to a Dragon, which would tell you that which familiars you might have lost. My only thought would be that a new "None" in the drop down would look for familiars that ARE Awakened, but that do NOT meet the criteria for either the chest symbol or wings symbol on their "card." These are the familiars I really need to be able to filter for: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/bBCBHMG/Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-29-34-PM.png[/img] [/center] [u][b][color=blue]UPDATE:[/color][/b][/u] I just noticed that my lost familiar no longer has the fancy artwork that generally accompanies an awakened familiar: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/rGQjgTr/Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-38-51-PM.png[/img][/center] Though this might be a little easier to search for than the missing chest and wing icons on the upper left, it still means crawling one by one thorough hundreds of familiars to do so. And the way it is now, a player doesn't even know someone is missing until they specifically look for it for something. [i][b]Whatever cues the artwork to disappear when the awakened familiar goes missing might also be used to also filter for it for a "None" selection if it were added to the "Location" dropdown menu.[/b][/i] Or, perhaps it could be just be called ""un-owned." That might be less confusing. If this would allow those to show up with the rest of the "Undiscovered" that would be quite lovely because the awakened familiar would still be colored and therefore distinguished from those that have not reached that level. In fact, it might also be done simply by allowing a player to search for "Undiscovered" and "Awakened" at the same time. That would do it, actually. The other bond levels wouldn't matter because those un-owned that have been leveled up by Fiona all show up in "Undiscovered." It is only the Awakened that do not. This solution does not keep the awakened but lost/sold familiar from showing up as "Discovered," it just allows us who have somehow lost a familiar or two to know that without having to keep a separate list. [right]@bantymom[/right]
Please, please add an option of "None" for the Location Filter in the Bestiary Search.

Please!

"Why," you ask? If a familiar isn't in your Hoard, Vault, or on a Dragon, it shows up as "Undiscovered," right?

But alas, no, that is not so!

Once a familiar has been Awakened, it no longer shows up as Undiscovered. This means that if you have to use a familiar to unlock a slot or in a new brew, or you accidentally sold it, you now no longer Have it.

And unless you go back to keeping a huge spreadsheet like we had to before the wonderful revamp of the bestiary, you won't be able to keep track of those.

This is very frustrating. Super frustrating.

If you are not going to allow "lost" familiars to be recognized as Undiscovered for whatever reason, please find a way for us to be able to find those we have "lost" so we can find them once again.

Lost familiars showing up as Discovered is very nice for those who just want a list of those familiars they have awakened, but does noting to help those of us who want to know which familiars they actually Have.

An option of "none" would collect those who are neither in one's Hoard, Vault, or attached to a Dragon, which would tell you that which familiars you might have lost.

My only thought would be that a new "None" in the drop down would look for familiars that ARE Awakened, but that do NOT meet the criteria for either the chest symbol or wings symbol on their "card."

These are the familiars I really need to be able to filter for:
Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-29-34-PM.png

UPDATE:
I just noticed that my lost familiar no longer has the fancy artwork that generally accompanies an awakened familiar:
Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-38-51-PM.png

Though this might be a little easier to search for than the missing chest and wing icons on the upper left, it still means crawling one by one thorough hundreds of familiars to do so.

And the way it is now, a player doesn't even know someone is missing until they specifically look for it for something.

Whatever cues the artwork to disappear when the awakened familiar goes missing might also be used to also filter for it for a "None" selection if it were added to the "Location" dropdown menu.

Or, perhaps it could be just be called ""un-owned." That might be less confusing.

If this would allow those to show up with the rest of the "Undiscovered" that would be quite lovely because the awakened familiar would still be colored and therefore distinguished from those that have not reached that level.

In fact, it might also be done simply by allowing a player to search for "Undiscovered" and "Awakened" at the same time. That would do it, actually. The other bond levels wouldn't matter because those un-owned that have been leveled up by Fiona all show up in "Undiscovered." It is only the Awakened that do not.

This solution does not keep the awakened but lost/sold familiar from showing up as "Discovered," it just allows us who have somehow lost a familiar or two to know that without having to keep a separate list.
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
I will support every version of this suggestion. I don't care about what I've 'Discovered' I care about what I own. I'm currently solving this by being careful about how much I bond with my missing familiars using Fiona and it's a giant pain - particularly if I want to make sure I haven't accidentally gotten rid of one I've already awakened.
I will support every version of this suggestion. I don't care about what I've 'Discovered' I care about what I own. I'm currently solving this by being careful about how much I bond with my missing familiars using Fiona and it's a giant pain - particularly if I want to make sure I haven't accidentally gotten rid of one I've already awakened.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I definitely would love a sort option of Unowned. I too like to keep track of which familiars I don't own, but right now that involves scrolling through 800+ Discovered familiars looking for ones that don't have icons for hoard/vault or equipped. I'm paranoid I'm going to sell my last fam of some type to Crim and not realize it. LOL

I don't know how difficult it would be to add a new sort option to the menu. I hope some solution to this issue is doable.
I definitely would love a sort option of Unowned. I too like to keep track of which familiars I don't own, but right now that involves scrolling through 800+ Discovered familiars looking for ones that don't have icons for hoard/vault or equipped. I'm paranoid I'm going to sell my last fam of some type to Crim and not realize it. LOL

I don't know how difficult it would be to add a new sort option to the menu. I hope some solution to this issue is doable.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
94206822.png.png87809713.png63776550.png
Support. About half of the familiars in my 'Discovered' are familiars that I don't have anymore. To figure out which of them I need, I'd need to go through page by page and I can totally do that, but really, what's stopping them from adding something like this?
Support. About half of the familiars in my 'Discovered' are familiars that I don't have anymore. To figure out which of them I need, I'd need to go through page by page and I can totally do that, but really, what's stopping them from adding something like this?
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I really love that "awakened" familiars stay discovered, but I would love to filter by familiars I don't have. 100% support!
I really love that "awakened" familiars stay discovered, but I would love to filter by familiars I don't have. 100% support!
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
Support! This would be incredibly useful, and I could stand to have help as I try and collect the familiars I don't have.
Support! This would be incredibly useful, and I could stand to have help as I try and collect the familiars I don't have.
So much support for this.
So much support for this.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
I would love this, but would also like to point out - I think familiars currenly bonding with dragons do not show as in the Hoard/Vault... So having "with dragon" and "none" options would be a really useful improvement!
I would love this, but would also like to point out - I think familiars currenly bonding with dragons do not show as in the Hoard/Vault... So having "with dragon" and "none" options would be a really useful improvement!
63451969.png Halloween 2020 dragons for sale! 64521720.png Shady Veilspuns for sale!
Support for a filter to show which awakened familiars we don't have! I do [i]not[/i] want them to move awakened familiars we don't have back to Undiscovered--getting the option to sell or trade familiars (including rare/retired ones) without losing that familiar from the bestiary is great, but it would be nice to be able to track down the handful I've sold/traded so that, if I want, I can get them back later. [quote name="Yomz" date="2020-11-22 09:28:11" ] I would love this, but would also like to point out - I think familiars currenly bonding with dragons do not show as in the Hoard/Vault... So having "with dragon" and "none" options would be a really useful improvement! [/quote] There is already a "with dragon" option, but not a "none" option.
Support for a filter to show which awakened familiars we don't have!

I do not want them to move awakened familiars we don't have back to Undiscovered--getting the option to sell or trade familiars (including rare/retired ones) without losing that familiar from the bestiary is great, but it would be nice to be able to track down the handful I've sold/traded so that, if I want, I can get them back later.
Yomz wrote on 2020-11-22 09:28:11:
There is already a "with dragon" option, but not a "none" option.
I just noticed that my lost familiar no longer has the fancy artwork that generally accompanies an awakened familiar: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/rGQjgTr/Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-38-51-PM.png[/img][/center] Though this might be a little easier to search for than the missing chest and wing icons on the upper left, it still means crawling one by one thorough hundreds of familiars to do so. And the way it is now, a player doesn't even know someone is missing until they specifically look for it for something. [i][b]Whatever cues the artwork to disappear when the awakened familiar goes missing might also be used to also filter for it for a "None" selection if it were added to the "Location" dropdown menu.[/b][/i] Or, perhaps it could be just be called ""un-owned." That might be less confusing. If this would allow those to show up with the rest of the "Undiscovered" that would be quite lovely because the awakened familiar would still be colored and therefore distinguished from those that have not reached that level. In fact, it might also be done simply by allowing a player to search for "Undiscovered" and "Awakened" at the same time. That would do it, actually. The other bond levels wouldn't matter because those un-owned that have been leveled up by Fiona all show up in "Undiscovered." It is only the Awakened that do not. This solution does not keep the awakened but lost/sold familiar from showing up as "Discovered," it just allows us who have somehow lost a familiar or two to know that without having to keep a separate list.
I just noticed that my lost familiar no longer has the fancy artwork that generally accompanies an awakened familiar:
Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-9-38-51-PM.png

Though this might be a little easier to search for than the missing chest and wing icons on the upper left, it still means crawling one by one thorough hundreds of familiars to do so.

And the way it is now, a player doesn't even know someone is missing until they specifically look for it for something.

Whatever cues the artwork to disappear when the awakened familiar goes missing might also be used to also filter for it for a "None" selection if it were added to the "Location" dropdown menu.

Or, perhaps it could be just be called ""un-owned." That might be less confusing.

If this would allow those to show up with the rest of the "Undiscovered" that would be quite lovely because the awakened familiar would still be colored and therefore distinguished from those that have not reached that level.

In fact, it might also be done simply by allowing a player to search for "Undiscovered" and "Awakened" at the same time. That would do it, actually. The other bond levels wouldn't matter because those un-owned that have been leveled up by Fiona all show up in "Undiscovered." It is only the Awakened that do not.

This solution does not keep the awakened but lost/sold familiar from showing up as "Discovered," it just allows us who have somehow lost a familiar or two to know that without having to keep a separate list.
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
1 2 3 4