Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Hoard]Mass Lock, stak selct, # lok New!
1 2 3 4
[LIST] [*][center][b]Lock a Specific Number of an Item[/b] New![/center] I think it would be handy to lock a specific amount of an item and have all others appear in a new stack, unlocked. So say you want one of each familiar, you set that particular familiar to lock 1. And every other copy of that particular familiar from thereon out across your account (hoard, vault, dragons) that enters your hoard or vault, is unlocked. This would be amazing for hibernal den, swipp or baldwin, where you are trying to save a specific amount, as well as organization when using the locked/unlocked filter. Maybe you're grinding in the coli and only want one copy of that familiar saved/locked which is tucked away in your vault. Maybe only 125 of that particular food item, for a specific trade, or 20 of an item for a hibden task. Etc. I dont care if this is set to number of stacks or a specific number you choose and type in, but I think itd be an incredible addition to the lock system in keeping track of everything. If this is implemented with the addition below for the option to Mass Select items [quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-11-08 17:22:31" ] [b]It makes a lot more sense to me to get rid of the pop-up box entirely, and make the bottom toolbar have all the tools.[/b] I think it would help out the functionality of the hoard, and the mobile experience a lot. [/quote] You could have a compromise. Quick-lock which would be in the menu as it currently is, and extra lock features such as [B]Lock [field to type] amount (or stacks) [checkbox] [/b] In the bottom toolbar. Once the checkbox is checked it updates and will lock until it reaches that number. If no number is put in, it automatically locks every copy of that item as it functions currently. I'm not sure how intensive this might be coding/functionwise, but I think it would be a very helpful addition and I think the staff could figure a way to make it work. I think this one is mostly a QOL addition and not strictly necessary, but it would also help with the inability to select virtual stacks specifically with familiars. As duplicates would be automatically unlocked and eligible to be selected. [*][center][b]Festival Filter for Organization[/b][/center] I think the ability to search/filter within a tab for all and only festival items, including joxar, NOTN, anything from a festival, would be a good addition to the hoard filter system. I dont know off the top of my head what is or isn't from the older festivals in terms of apparel or Familiars (what bear is specifically a fest bear again?) and have to look up and manually search if I do or do not have that item. Sometimes I just want to see what I have in my collection side by side and browse only festival goods. We already have 'Fiona feat' as a filter under apparel. Having Festival, or Joxar specific as a sub category across the board would be incredible. It would make Spare Inventory Crates and new Fest chests easier to find if your Other tab is full of various items, Fest Familiars that might be hiding amongst the nearly thousand available familiars, sort which player skins are from a festival, etc.etc. Other potential filter categories: Retired, Marketplace, and Colisseum; potentially Boss (for familiars specifically, but can also work for food and materials dropped specifically from bosses [*] [center][b]The Option to Mass Select Stacks[/b][/center] I hoardsell, and I transfer things between hoard and vault a fair amount now that I can mass select easily, and being unable to mass select something because it's stacked is frustrating. Especially when that goes from one stack to 20 separate item stacks in a row, some of which are only 2 items stacked, in the case of familiars. Going into each individual stack to select both copies just to move, and [i]then[/i] click to go back to the hoard tab from an empty folder, multiple times for each offending item stack, is a lot of extra steps I feel. With the option to lock items, as well as exclude locked items now, I think locking a stack should be enough, and we should still have the ability to move them at the very least. [b]My suggestion is to have an option with stacks, that you can choose how they get selected when you turn them on.[/b] Either they function where they are excluded from selection, or they function where they are included. Your choice, and you can swap between them as needed simply by going back into hoard settings. A toggle. Even if it's just having an option to manually select stacks after mass selecting everything else would be a welcome change imo and streamline the function. Edit: Here's a visualization of the problem I'm talking about. This is a mass select. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/553096835351314434/774455930543800340/massselect.jpg[/img] My current goal is to get everything into my hoard just so I can match some awakened familiars to some of my finished dragons and try them on. I'm not even going to attempt to lock any of these unless Mass-lock becomes a thing, there's like 600 in here, and there are more pages going forward like this. [*][center][b]Mass select lock items[/b][/center] Basically, instead of going through and locking every item individually on a page, whatever is selected can get locked or unlocked, much in the same way the lair works with moving/hibernating dragons. Ie. if i select all the festival currency in my other tab, and then click the lock button on one of them, it locks every item I had selected and vice versa for unlocking. [B]Brilliant improvement[/b]: [quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-11-08 17:22:31" ] [b]It makes a lot more sense to me to get rid of the pop-up box entirely, and make the bottom toolbar have all the tools.[/b] I think it would help out the functionality of the hoard, and the mobile experience a lot. [/quote] -------------- -------------- Yes! We got this one today,[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2928350] check it out[/url]! Thanks devs! [emoji=coatl love size=1] [quote]The hoard sale and convert food screens now include an option to "Deselect Invalid Items" all items that can't be converted or sold all at once![/quote] [*][center][b][s]An additional option to exclude any locked items from mass select.[/b][/center] [s]A new button placed at the bottom of the popup, when you attempt to execute an action and it warns you that several items cannot complete that action, one button on either side. [i]"Continue without locked items?" [/i]on the right, and[i] "Okay"[/i] on the left, as that already functions as a back button. So for example, if you mass selected your entire 'other' tab, instead of manually deselecting whatever locked items are on that particular page, you could have an extra button at the bottom right to "continue without locked items" and sell or move the items that you haven't locked. As locked items are unaffected by moving between the vault and the hoard this would function primarily as a quality of life improvement to streamline autoselling; however, it could also be used to separate out the newly selectable items like currency and chests from accidentally being moved to the vault, as there is no popup to warn about locked items when moving to the vault. [b]Why[/b]- This would allow mass selling, mass movement, etc. to not interfere with chests, fest currency, other locked items that are intended to be excluded altogether, or are not possible to sell and will automatically bring up the warning. With the addition of these items being able to get mass-selected, it has brought the function of mass select to fewer uses, as one way or another, many items in the hoard itself need to be manually selected or deselected using the mass select option in order to move or get rid of them, especially if you have a lot of these previously unselectable items on that page. Previously, you could mass select, and then select straggling items that were caught on the other side of baldwin materials, or chests, or currency, and then do what you want with that. Now, if much of that tab is locked or a chest, it is automatically counted in the mass select, and it takes longer to deselect, or you're left with the option to select manually. This would also remove the frustration of accidentally selecting something that cannot be sold, or not realizing a chest got selected and having to go back and find it and deselect it, or hunt it down in your hoard because you didn't realize it was selected when you moved it. [/s] [/LIST] Both of these I think will help greatly with organization, as well as streamline or speed up the process of cleaning and organizing. ----------------- [center] [B][s]If you support this suggestion, please check out [/s] We also got the unlock filter from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2922776]this suggestion! [/url][/b][/center] [quote]You can now filter items by unlocked status! Just click the lock filter button to toggle between "no filter", "filter only locked", "filter only unlocked".[/quote] ------------------
  • Lock a Specific Number of an Item
    New!
    I think it would be handy to lock a specific amount of an item and have all others appear in a new stack, unlocked.

So say you want one of each familiar, you set that particular familiar to lock 1. And every other copy of that particular familiar from thereon out across your account (hoard, vault, dragons) that enters your hoard or vault, is unlocked.

This would be amazing for hibernal den, swipp or baldwin, where you are trying to save a specific amount, as well as organization when using the locked/unlocked filter.
    Maybe you're grinding in the coli and only want one copy of that familiar saved/locked which is tucked away in your vault.
    Maybe only 125 of that particular food item, for a specific trade, or 20 of an item for a hibden task. Etc.

I dont care if this is set to number of stacks or a specific number you choose and type in, but I think itd be an incredible addition to the lock system in keeping track of everything.

If this is implemented with the addition below for the option to Mass Select items
    Stormdragon wrote on 2020-11-08 17:22:31:
    It makes a lot more sense to me to get rid of the pop-up box entirely, and make the bottom toolbar have all the tools.
    I think it would help out the functionality of the hoard, and the mobile experience a lot.

You could have a compromise. Quick-lock which would be in the menu as it currently is, and extra lock features such as
    Lock [field to type] amount (or stacks) [checkbox]
    In the bottom toolbar.
    Once the checkbox is checked it updates and will lock until it reaches that number. If no number is put in, it automatically locks every copy of that item as it functions currently.

I'm not sure how intensive this might be coding/functionwise, but I think it would be a very helpful addition and I think the staff could figure a way to make it work.
    I think this one is mostly a QOL addition and not strictly necessary, but it would also help with the inability to select virtual stacks specifically with familiars. As duplicates would be automatically unlocked and eligible to be selected.

• Festival Filter for Organization
    I think the ability to search/filter within a tab for all and only festival items, including joxar, NOTN, anything from a festival, would be a good addition to the hoard filter system.
    I dont know off the top of my head what is or isn't from the older festivals in terms of apparel or Familiars (what bear is specifically a fest bear again?) and have to look up and manually search if I do or do not have that item. Sometimes I just want to see what I have in my collection side by side and browse only festival goods.

We already have 'Fiona feat' as a filter under apparel. Having Festival, or Joxar specific as a sub category across the board would be incredible.
    It would make Spare Inventory Crates and new Fest chests easier to find if your Other tab is full of various items, Fest Familiars that might be hiding amongst the nearly thousand available familiars, sort which player skins are from a festival, etc.etc.

Other potential filter categories: Retired, Marketplace, and Colisseum; potentially Boss (for familiars specifically, but can also work for food and materials dropped specifically from bosses

• The Option to Mass Select Stacks
    I hoardsell, and I transfer things between hoard and vault a fair amount now that I can mass select easily, and being unable to mass select something because it's stacked is frustrating. Especially when that goes from one stack to 20 separate item stacks in a row, some of which are only 2 items stacked, in the case of familiars. Going into each individual stack to select both copies just to move, and then click to go back to the hoard tab from an empty folder, multiple times for each offending item stack, is a lot of extra steps I feel.

With the option to lock items, as well as exclude locked items now, I think locking a stack should be enough, and we should still have the ability to move them at the very least.

My suggestion is to have an option with stacks, that you can choose how they get selected when you turn them on.
    Either they function where they are excluded from selection, or they function where they are included. Your choice, and you can swap between them as needed simply by going back into hoard settings. A toggle.

Even if it's just having an option to manually select stacks after mass selecting everything else would be a welcome change imo and streamline the function.

Edit: Here's a visualization of the problem I'm talking about. This is a mass select.
    massselect.jpg
    My current goal is to get everything into my hoard just so I can match some awakened familiars to some of my finished dragons and try them on. I'm not even going to attempt to lock any of these unless Mass-lock becomes a thing, there's like 600 in here, and there are more pages going forward like this.

• Mass select lock items

Basically, instead of going through and locking every item individually on a page, whatever is selected can get locked or unlocked, much in the same way the lair works with moving/hibernating dragons.

Ie. if i select all the festival currency in my other tab, and then click the lock button on one of them, it locks every item I had selected and vice versa for unlocking.

Brilliant improvement:
    Stormdragon wrote on 2020-11-08 17:22:31:
    It makes a lot more sense to me to get rid of the pop-up box entirely, and make the bottom toolbar have all the tools.
    I think it would help out the functionality of the hoard, and the mobile experience a lot.

Yes! We got this one today, check it out! Thanks devs!
    Quote:
    The hoard sale and convert food screens now include an option to "Deselect Invalid Items" all items that can't be converted or sold all at once!
  • An additional option to exclude any locked items from mass select.

A new button placed at the bottom of the popup, when you attempt to execute an action and it warns you that several items cannot complete that action, one button on either side.
    "Continue without locked items?" on the right, and "Okay" on the left, as that already functions as a back button.

So for example, if you mass selected your entire 'other' tab, instead of manually deselecting whatever locked items are on that particular page, you could have an extra button at the bottom right to "continue without locked items" and sell or move the items that you haven't locked.
    As locked items are unaffected by moving between the vault and the hoard this would function primarily as a quality of life improvement to streamline autoselling; however, it could also be used to separate out the newly selectable items like currency and chests from accidentally being moved to the vault, as there is no popup to warn about locked items when moving to the vault.

Why- This would allow mass selling, mass movement, etc. to not interfere with chests, fest currency, other locked items that are intended to be excluded altogether, or are not possible to sell and will automatically bring up the warning.

With the addition of these items being able to get mass-selected, it has brought the function of mass select to fewer uses, as one way or another, many items in the hoard itself need to be manually selected or deselected using the mass select option in order to move or get rid of them, especially if you have a lot of these previously unselectable items on that page.

Previously, you could mass select, and then select straggling items that were caught on the other side of baldwin materials, or chests, or currency, and then do what you want with that. Now, if much of that tab is locked or a chest, it is automatically counted in the mass select, and it takes longer to deselect, or you're left with the option to select manually.

This would also remove the frustration of accidentally selecting something that cannot be sold, or not realizing a chest got selected and having to go back and find it and deselect it, or hunt it down in your hoard because you didn't realize it was selected when you moved it.

Both of these I think will help greatly with organization, as well as streamline or speed up the process of cleaning and organizing.

If you support this suggestion, please check out
We also got the unlock filter from this suggestion!
Quote:
You can now filter items by unlocked status! Just click the lock filter button to toggle between "no filter", "filter only locked", "filter only unlocked".

button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Support, I would also like stuff that can't be hoardsold to be locked automatically so that baldwin materials don't mess with selling.
Support, I would also like stuff that can't be hoardsold to be locked automatically so that baldwin materials don't mess with selling.
Support! It would also be nice if we could select items with certain uses (ie, an option to select all Baldwin items so that they could be moved to the hoard.)
Support! It would also be nice if we could select items with certain uses (ie, an option to select all Baldwin items so that they could be moved to the hoard.)
3UUXp8G.png
I need a mass lock so bad!
I need a mass lock so bad!
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
Yes please! These are both things I noticed in the new update that I think are sorely missing!
Yes please! These are both things I noticed in the new update that I think are sorely missing!
Just put an ask about mass locking in Help since i wasnt sure if it existed and i am just blind.

So a biiiiig support for both, locking every.single.item.on.its.own is such a hassle
Just put an ask about mass locking in Help since i wasnt sure if it existed and i am just blind.

So a biiiiig support for both, locking every.single.item.on.its.own is such a hassle
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

support!

i love the new locking feature, but i wish i could use that auto select and not have to manually select every item i want to sell.
support!

i love the new locking feature, but i wish i could use that auto select and not have to manually select every item i want to sell.
ihxJm60.png
I collect Tengu Callers and Greybeak Reapers!

I will pay 5kt/5g per familiar
[font=tahoma][b]Support.[/b] I have a suggestion for the excluding items / having a non-locked filter [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2922776]over here[/url] as well, so I'm naturally on board with this, but I also 100 % support having a mass lock or mass favorite feature. It took me what felt like 84 years to get everything selected manually. [emoji=palette size=1][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2922776]From my own suggestion: mock-up for a non-locked items filter.[/url][/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WpitZU3.png[/img] Ideally I'd love to have a filter and have locked / unsellable items be skipped in default view.
Support.

I have a suggestion for the excluding items / having a non-locked filter over here as well, so I'm naturally on board with this, but I also 100 % support having a mass lock or mass favorite feature. It took me what felt like 84 years to get everything selected manually.

From my own suggestion: mock-up for a non-locked items filter.

WpitZU3.png

Ideally I'd love to have a filter and have locked / unsellable items be skipped in default view.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
Support.

I think with about also mesh nicely with the ability to mass favorite or mass unfavorite, and search by unfavorited. Maybe turn the buttons into 3-way switches? So Locked: (Any, Unlocked Only, Locked Only) and Favorited: (Any, Unfavorited Only, Favorited Only).
Support.

I think with about also mesh nicely with the ability to mass favorite or mass unfavorite, and search by unfavorited. Maybe turn the buttons into 3-way switches? So Locked: (Any, Unlocked Only, Locked Only) and Favorited: (Any, Unfavorited Only, Favorited Only).
tumblr_osv1j8GD531v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.png
They/Them
FR +0
1zDfZ2C.png
Also, I know this would require extra coding that probably isn't worth the time it would take them to implement, but an account setting to automatically lock any item with a colored tag (baldwin, swipp etc), including new items added to the site in the future, would really save me a huge headache.

I want to lock every item that has a use, and doing it item by item, especially when I have a large virtual stack of almost every single one, is an absolutely insufferable slog.
Also, I know this would require extra coding that probably isn't worth the time it would take them to implement, but an account setting to automatically lock any item with a colored tag (baldwin, swipp etc), including new items added to the site in the future, would really save me a huge headache.

I want to lock every item that has a use, and doing it item by item, especially when I have a large virtual stack of almost every single one, is an absolutely insufferable slog.
bHeX9bv.png
1 2 3 4