Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lock Dragons
1 2 3
Isn't it possible to attach any apparel to a dragon and then hide the apparel? So then you can have your naked unexalt-able dragons.
Isn't it possible to attach any apparel to a dragon and then hide the apparel? So then you can have your naked unexalt-able dragons.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-16 15:07:05" ] Isn't it possible to attach any apparel to a dragon and then hide the apparel? So then you can have your naked unexalt-able dragons. [/quote] Can't really do that with ancients or permababs though -shrugs-
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-16 15:07:05:

Can't really do that with ancients or permababs though -shrugs-
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Y'all... if you want a way to lock your dragons that also has a symbol at the bottom... equip a familiar. That's it. No support.
Y'all... if you want a way to lock your dragons that also has a symbol at the bottom... equip a familiar. That's it. No support.
Long-Term Fandragon Search | Animated Anomalies Subspecies

ve/vir/vis, fey/faer/faer, or they/them pronouns
Personally I am relatively neutral leaning towards no support. Meaning, if it were added I wouldn't care, but I don't really think it is needed due to the many ways to already do this.

Ancient and Permababies can't have apparel, but ancients can have skins and both can have familiars.

While I do understand that not everyone is into collecting familiars (which is why I wouldn't care if it were added) it is still a viable, and fairly accessible (toss a dragon into the training fields for a while or you can gain familiars from gathering, on the AH there are familiars for 2 diamonds each or about 3000 treasure each), way to prevent accidents.

I do also support permababy skins, so that if it were allowed, that would be another way to prevent permababies from being exalted/sold.
Personally I am relatively neutral leaning towards no support. Meaning, if it were added I wouldn't care, but I don't really think it is needed due to the many ways to already do this.

Ancient and Permababies can't have apparel, but ancients can have skins and both can have familiars.

While I do understand that not everyone is into collecting familiars (which is why I wouldn't care if it were added) it is still a viable, and fairly accessible (toss a dragon into the training fields for a while or you can gain familiars from gathering, on the AH there are familiars for 2 diamonds each or about 3000 treasure each), way to prevent accidents.

I do also support permababy skins, so that if it were allowed, that would be another way to prevent permababies from being exalted/sold.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="wolfbutterfly42" date="2020-10-17 20:32:24" ] Y'all... if you want a way to lock your dragons that also has a symbol at the bottom... equip a familiar. That's it. No support. [/quote] Not everyone likes familiars. I don't like them at all, so that's not a solution. The Emperor's New Clothes are a good solution, but should be usable on Ancient and Hatchlings
wolfbutterfly42 wrote on 2020-10-17 20:32:24:
Not everyone likes familiars. I don't like them at all, so that's not a solution.

The Emperor's New Clothes are a good solution, but should be usable on Ancient and Hatchlings
Support. I'd love to be able to protect dragons without attaching junk to them just to make them ineligible for sale/exalting. I'd prefer to do that only because I WANT to and the items fit with what I want the dragon to look like, rather than being forced to throw whatever I've got on there just to prevent accidents.

I'd also like to see options to lock dragons out of breeding and coli, which would all fit nicely in the customize section together.
Support. I'd love to be able to protect dragons without attaching junk to them just to make them ineligible for sale/exalting. I'd prefer to do that only because I WANT to and the items fit with what I want the dragon to look like, rather than being forced to throw whatever I've got on there just to prevent accidents.

I'd also like to see options to lock dragons out of breeding and coli, which would all fit nicely in the customize section together.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-16 15:07:05" ] Isn't it possible to attach any apparel to a dragon and then hide the apparel? So then you can have your naked unexalt-able dragons. [/quote] "Hidden" apparel doesn't stay hidden past the dress-up screen. Once you go back to the dragon's page, the apparel shows again. I'm not really sure what the purpose of hiding apparel on that screen is, since its way clunkier than it is in the Dressing Room. I support this, but feel like it's very low-priority. It should be very easy to add, it's just up to creating art for buttons for it and figuring out where to put them on the dragon page. This feels like one of those QoL changes that's pretty much inevitable, its just not pressing since there are work-arounds as-is.
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-16 15:07:05:

"Hidden" apparel doesn't stay hidden past the dress-up screen. Once you go back to the dragon's page, the apparel shows again. I'm not really sure what the purpose of hiding apparel on that screen is, since its way clunkier than it is in the Dressing Room.

I support this, but feel like it's very low-priority. It should be very easy to add, it's just up to creating art for buttons for it and figuring out where to put them on the dragon page. This feels like one of those QoL changes that's pretty much inevitable, its just not pressing since there are work-arounds as-is.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2020-10-16 08:21:38" ] Attaching a familiar or adding apparel already prevents exalting (and selling), so it's sort-of already possible to do that? [/quote] My dragons do not often get apparel, and they rarely get familiars unless the familiar is perfect/ it's one I really like or have had for a while and do not want to sell. I think it would be nice, and they could do something like you have to provide your password to unlock it so you did not accidentially unlock it and then exalt.
RedWillia wrote on 2020-10-16 08:21:38:
Attaching a familiar or adding apparel already prevents exalting (and selling), so it's sort-of already possible to do that?
My dragons do not often get apparel, and they rarely get familiars unless the familiar is perfect/ it's one I really like or have had for a while and do not want to sell. I think it would be nice, and they could do something like you have to provide your password to unlock it so you did not accidentially unlock it and then exalt.
Support!

While, yes, we certainly have workarounds/other ways to create failsafes, this would be a good quality of life improvement! Not to mention being a boon to users juuust starting out and still in the "every bit of treasure is precious" stage.

Plus, this seems straightforward to integrate into the existing "is this dragon exaltable? y/n" code.
Support!

While, yes, we certainly have workarounds/other ways to create failsafes, this would be a good quality of life improvement! Not to mention being a boon to users juuust starting out and still in the "every bit of treasure is precious" stage.

Plus, this seems straightforward to integrate into the existing "is this dragon exaltable? y/n" code.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
[quote name="Xela" date="2020-10-16 13:22:35" ] I don't really think this is necessary, you can already safeguard against accidental exalts but equipping apparel, skins/accents, familiars, or putting your dragons in your hibernal den. [/quote] The thing is, apparel and skins/accents are [i]very visible[/i], even if tiny. While you might not see them immediately, putting these on a dragon could ruin it for the owner. Some users also don't want familiars for aesthetic reasons and the hibden... ugh. For me it's absolutely useless. You can not do anything fun with your dragons their except change their appearance/lore, and it doesn't really help if you don't have the funds to expand it. Support.
Xela wrote on 2020-10-16 13:22:35:
I don't really think this is necessary, you can already safeguard against accidental exalts but equipping apparel, skins/accents, familiars, or putting your dragons in your hibernal den.
The thing is, apparel and skins/accents are very visible, even if tiny. While you might not see them immediately, putting these on a dragon could ruin it for the owner. Some users also don't want familiars for aesthetic reasons and the hibden... ugh.

For me it's absolutely useless. You can not do anything fun with your dragons their except change their appearance/lore, and it doesn't really help if you don't have the funds to expand it.

Support.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
1 2 3