Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lock Dragons
1 2 3
It might be too much of a hassle for some people but I just thought it would be a nice addition if we were able to lock dragons? Just so that you don't accidentally exalt/sell a dragon you don't mean to. I understand the whole self-service thing but even then, if your exalt cooldown is still up there's no saving a dragon you've accidentally exalted. Despite the exalt warning, a lot of us click 'confirm' reflexively, especially big dom players. Also If there was a little lock icon on the dragon in the lair screen then it would be really efficient for mass selling/lair cleanouts. So then if I were to say "make an offer for any dragon" that would easily exclude locked dragons instead of having to list certain dragons, pages, or tabs. I haven't thought of anything too complex for this so let me know why it would/wouldn't work or just your opinions on it :) EDIT: Some good responses! [quote name="Entrapta" date="2020-10-16 10:29:44" ] I would like to see this feature added. Not that I have an aesthetic reason for it but I'd like the ability for others to use. Not everyone wants to have apparel or familiars on their dragons, maybe their lore is all feral animal dragons or something. Also it can be like a marker, like someone else said in this thread. Also the invisible apparel item is expensive and not readily obtainable for the majority of players, and I do believe it is limited in stock. The locking mechanism however would be available regardless. [/quote] [quote name="Warchild" date="2020-10-16 13:30:38" ] [Lioden] has a "secure" feature much like that and I always use it on lions that I want to keep even though I'm not concerned about loosing them (they'll die anyway at some point unless frozen). If FR had this feature I'd use it here as well, mostly to mark my permas, but also, you know, just in case I do a stupid. [/quote] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-10-17 21:39:41" ] Support. I'd love to be able to protect dragons without attaching junk to them just to make them ineligible for sale/exalting. I'd prefer to do that only because I WANT to and the items fit with what I want the dragon to look like, rather than being forced to throw whatever I've got on there just to prevent accidents. I'd also like to see options to lock dragons out of breeding and coli, which would all fit nicely in the customize section together. [/quote] [quote name="Tuberose" date="2020-10-18 12:42:20" ] Support! While, yes, we certainly have workarounds/other ways to create failsafes, this would be a good quality of life improvement! Not to mention being a boon to users juuust starting out and still in the "every bit of treasure is precious" stage. Plus, this seems straightforward to integrate into the existing "is this dragon exaltable? y/n" code. [/quote]
It might be too much of a hassle for some people but I just thought it would be a nice addition if we were able to lock dragons?

Just so that you don't accidentally exalt/sell a dragon you don't mean to. I understand the whole self-service thing but even then, if your exalt cooldown is still up there's no saving a dragon you've accidentally exalted. Despite the exalt warning, a lot of us click 'confirm' reflexively, especially big dom players.

Also If there was a little lock icon on the dragon in the lair screen then it would be really efficient for mass selling/lair cleanouts. So then if I were to say "make an offer for any dragon" that would easily exclude locked dragons instead of having to list certain dragons, pages, or tabs.

I haven't thought of anything too complex for this so let me know why it would/wouldn't work or just your opinions on it :)

EDIT: Some good responses!
Entrapta wrote on 2020-10-16 10:29:44:
I would like to see this feature added. Not that I have an aesthetic reason for it but I'd like the ability for others to use. Not everyone wants to have apparel or familiars on their dragons, maybe their lore is all feral animal dragons or something. Also it can be like a marker, like someone else said in this thread.

Also the invisible apparel item is expensive and not readily obtainable for the majority of players, and I do believe it is limited in stock. The locking mechanism however would be available regardless.
Warchild wrote on 2020-10-16 13:30:38:
[Lioden] has a "secure" feature much like that and I always use it on lions that I want to keep even though I'm not concerned about loosing them (they'll die anyway at some point unless frozen). If FR had this feature I'd use it here as well, mostly to mark my permas, but also, you know, just in case I do a stupid.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-10-17 21:39:41:
Support. I'd love to be able to protect dragons without attaching junk to them just to make them ineligible for sale/exalting. I'd prefer to do that only because I WANT to and the items fit with what I want the dragon to look like, rather than being forced to throw whatever I've got on there just to prevent accidents.

I'd also like to see options to lock dragons out of breeding and coli, which would all fit nicely in the customize section together.
Tuberose wrote on 2020-10-18 12:42:20:
Support!

While, yes, we certainly have workarounds/other ways to create failsafes, this would be a good quality of life improvement! Not to mention being a boon to users juuust starting out and still in the "every bit of treasure is precious" stage.

Plus, this seems straightforward to integrate into the existing "is this dragon exaltable? y/n" code.
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
Attaching a familiar or adding apparel already prevents exalting (and selling), so it's sort-of already possible to do that?
Attaching a familiar or adding apparel already prevents exalting (and selling), so it's sort-of already possible to do that?
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2020-10-16 08:21:38" ] Attaching a familiar or adding apparel already prevents exalting (and selling), so it's sort-of already possible to do that? [/quote] Yeah this. Although I know players who don’t attach familiars to their dragons, and not every dragon wears apparel
RedWillia wrote on 2020-10-16 08:21:38:
Yeah this. Although I know players who don’t attach familiars to their dragons, and not every dragon wears apparel

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
Hmm I think it could be very efficient but as RedWillia pointed out putting a familiar on the dragon already does that. I know some people don't want familiars/apparels for aesthetic, but there's also other ways to avoid selling your dragon by accident (putting it in the hib den for example).

I wouldn't object to this feature being added, however. I would probably use it as a safeguard (and I think it can help mark permas from other dragons) but I'm not sure if it would be 100% useful. If you think familar safeguard isn't enough for any reasons then sure!
Hmm I think it could be very efficient but as RedWillia pointed out putting a familiar on the dragon already does that. I know some people don't want familiars/apparels for aesthetic, but there's also other ways to avoid selling your dragon by accident (putting it in the hib den for example).

I wouldn't object to this feature being added, however. I would probably use it as a safeguard (and I think it can help mark permas from other dragons) but I'm not sure if it would be 100% useful. If you think familar safeguard isn't enough for any reasons then sure!
Isn't that the point of the "invisible" coat or whatever it is--to put on a dragon to keep it nekkid but unexaltable?
Isn't that the point of the "invisible" coat or whatever it is--to put on a dragon to keep it nekkid but unexaltable?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
support. yeah you could add fams and apparel... but some aren't into it? and yeah there is that invisible thing and it is pretty cheap - but why to buy item when it could be (hopefuly) free option?
I personaly don't need such, but I think it would be nice addition
support. yeah you could add fams and apparel... but some aren't into it? and yeah there is that invisible thing and it is pretty cheap - but why to buy item when it could be (hopefuly) free option?
I personaly don't need such, but I think it would be nice addition
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
[quote name="Trix" date="2020-10-16 09:21:54" ] Isn't that the point of the "invisible" coat or whatever it is--to put on a dragon to keep it nekkid but unexaltable? [/quote] Do you mean this? [item= the emperor's new clothes] I would like this feature added, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it never showed. :)
Trix wrote on 2020-10-16 09:21:54:

Do you mean this? The Emperor's New Clothes I would like this feature added, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it never showed. :)
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
I would like to see this feature added. Not that I have an aesthetic reason for it but I'd like the ability for others to use. Not everyone wants to have apparel or familiars on their dragons, maybe their lore is all feral animal dragons or something. Also it can be like a marker, like someone else said in this thread.

Also the invisible apparel item is expensive and not readily obtainable for the majority of players, and I do believe it is limited in stock. The locking mechanism however would be available regardless.

I support this suggestion.

I support this suggestion.

Support - but in the meantime, there are some teeny-tiny apparel pieces you can use...rings come to mind.
Support - but in the meantime, there are some teeny-tiny apparel pieces you can use...rings come to mind.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
I don't really think this is necessary, you can already safeguard against accidental exalts but equipping apparel, skins/accents, familiars, or putting your dragons in your hibernal den.
I don't really think this is necessary, you can already safeguard against accidental exalts but equipping apparel, skins/accents, familiars, or putting your dragons in your hibernal den.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
1 2 3