Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awake familiars give gilded chest rarely
1 2 3 4 5 6
While I'm going through my dragons bonding, I tend to skip awakened ones because 50t is nothing, but I'd rather not replace those familiars since they match so well.

So what if just to make awakened familiars a little more exciting, they had a rare chance of giving another gilded chest?

Developers would choose the rarity, but I'm imagining it in my lair of about 23 awakened familiars, I'd get on average about one gilded chest a month.

What do you think? Think the rarity should be higher, lower?
While I'm going through my dragons bonding, I tend to skip awakened ones because 50t is nothing, but I'd rather not replace those familiars since they match so well.

So what if just to make awakened familiars a little more exciting, they had a rare chance of giving another gilded chest?

Developers would choose the rarity, but I'm imagining it in my lair of about 23 awakened familiars, I'd get on average about one gilded chest a month.

What do you think? Think the rarity should be higher, lower?
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so.
Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-04 05:34:22" ] Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so. [/quote] this is the implementation i could accept, since there's a finite number of familiars available on the site at any given time. it would actually encourage additional clicks, since at this stage once you've got everything awakened there's not much reason to touch them again with 50t/per being so low. as long as the stretch of time was from wary to awakened like you said, then new familiars are a 3:1 ratio of chests to effort and there's still bigger reward from adding new ones than farming the already-awakened ones.
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-04 05:34:22:

this is the implementation i could accept, since there's a finite number of familiars available on the site at any given time. it would actually encourage additional clicks, since at this stage once you've got everything awakened there's not much reason to touch them again with 50t/per being so low. as long as the stretch of time was from wary to awakened like you said, then new familiars are a 3:1 ratio of chests to effort and there's still bigger reward from adding new ones than farming the already-awakened ones.
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-04 05:34:22" ] Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so. [/quote] Oh this would be a good rarity! I don't think bonding with new familiars would become less popular now we've got the addition of Fiona's Familiars. There's an incentive to bonding with more familiars now.
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-04 05:34:22:

Oh this would be a good rarity! I don't think bonding with new familiars would become less popular now we've got the addition of Fiona's Familiars. There's an incentive to bonding with more familiars now.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
I'd really like this - I still swap out fams on most of my lair, but some of them have perma familiars and it would be nice to not need to stray from aesthetic on an aesthetics based game to get rewards
I'd really like this - I still swap out fams on most of my lair, but some of them have perma familiars and it would be nice to not need to stray from aesthetic on an aesthetics based game to get rewards
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
honestly any chest period would be nice from the awakened familiars. I have a bunch of aesthetic placed familiars as well. Not that I mind switching out my last dragon's familiars a few times more to take care of extra familiars...
honestly any chest period would be nice from the awakened familiars. I have a bunch of aesthetic placed familiars as well. Not that I mind switching out my last dragon's familiars a few times more to take care of extra familiars...
Support, as awakened familiars are barely worth clicking on
Support, as awakened familiars are barely worth clicking on

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
I like this idea, because honestly the whole reason I bother bonding is to awaken my familiars. It's not even for the chest entirely; it's for my completionism. So once they're awakened, I don't have any motivation to bond. 50 treasure is really not a lot, lol. If I knew I might be able to snag a chest once in a while, though...I'd do it.
I like this idea, because honestly the whole reason I bother bonding is to awaken my familiars. It's not even for the chest entirely; it's for my completionism. So once they're awakened, I don't have any motivation to bond. 50 treasure is really not a lot, lol. If I knew I might be able to snag a chest once in a while, though...I'd do it.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I would like it if Awakened familiars had some use beyond their once-and-done thing.
I would like it if Awakened familiars had some use beyond their once-and-done thing.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
This seems unfair to newer players.

I'm looking at 874 Awakened familiars. Using OPs figure that would be 38 chests a month or more than one a day.

At the 89 days to get from Wary to Awakened that's 874 chests for nearly an average of 10 per day. Not to mention the effect of suddenly boosting the gilded chest market by 874 every 89 days just from me.

That's a minimum of 5k treasure, 10g and one fodder apparel/familiar per chest. Or 4,370,000 treasure and 8,740 gems and 874 fodder for Baldwin.

That's a ridiculous amount to add every 3 months.

Dropping the rate to something reasonable for the high end of people who have Awakened familiars drops the chance for people with smaller numbers of familiars pretty much down to uselessness. As FR adds more familiars the inequities will continue to magnify.

At best you could cap the number of earned chests per month but that really only encourages people to bond until they get enough Awakened familiars to more or less guarantee the maximum number of chests and then they'd stop bonding with all the Awakened ones as soon as they hit the cap.

At which point there's no desire past 50t to keep bonding with Awakened familiars again.

No support.
This seems unfair to newer players.

I'm looking at 874 Awakened familiars. Using OPs figure that would be 38 chests a month or more than one a day.

At the 89 days to get from Wary to Awakened that's 874 chests for nearly an average of 10 per day. Not to mention the effect of suddenly boosting the gilded chest market by 874 every 89 days just from me.

That's a minimum of 5k treasure, 10g and one fodder apparel/familiar per chest. Or 4,370,000 treasure and 8,740 gems and 874 fodder for Baldwin.

That's a ridiculous amount to add every 3 months.

Dropping the rate to something reasonable for the high end of people who have Awakened familiars drops the chance for people with smaller numbers of familiars pretty much down to uselessness. As FR adds more familiars the inequities will continue to magnify.

At best you could cap the number of earned chests per month but that really only encourages people to bond until they get enough Awakened familiars to more or less guarantee the maximum number of chests and then they'd stop bonding with all the Awakened ones as soon as they hit the cap.

At which point there's no desire past 50t to keep bonding with Awakened familiars again.

No support.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 3 4 5 6