Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More Eye Vials
1 2
I was thinking there should be more eye vials, such as for multi-gaze, primal, etc. If not vials, perhaps apparel that mimics the other eye types.

I understand this could devalue the eye types, however you could combat this by making the dragon then unsellable, or perhaps making the effect just stay with the dragon as long as it stays with the person who used the vial on it.

There's a lot of dragons in my lair and likely in other's lairs who could very well benefit from the cosmetic appeal of other eye types.
I was thinking there should be more eye vials, such as for multi-gaze, primal, etc. If not vials, perhaps apparel that mimics the other eye types.

I understand this could devalue the eye types, however you could combat this by making the dragon then unsellable, or perhaps making the effect just stay with the dragon as long as it stays with the person who used the vial on it.

There's a lot of dragons in my lair and likely in other's lairs who could very well benefit from the cosmetic appeal of other eye types.
smol_maya_mask_ver_50x50.png
maya ·:· 19 ·:· nb bi ·:·
Untitled330_500x35.png
Support for the release of new eye vials through gem marketplace, Baldwin, Swipp, coliseum, and Galore; very tentative support for eye vials for previously released eye types such as multi-gaze, primal, etc. (bordering on no support).

Anyway, there's a whole discussion about the eye types here

Major support for eye apparel
Support for the release of new eye vials through gem marketplace, Baldwin, Swipp, coliseum, and Galore; very tentative support for eye vials for previously released eye types such as multi-gaze, primal, etc. (bordering on no support).

Anyway, there's a whole discussion about the eye types here

Major support for eye apparel
[quote name="PolyHue" date="2020-09-27 23:21:10" ] I was thinking there should be more eye vials, such as for multi-gaze, primal, etc. If not vials, perhaps apparel that mimics the other eye types. I understand this could devalue the eye types, however you could combat this by making the dragon then unsellable, or perhaps making the effect just stay with the dragon as long as it stays with the person who used the vial on it. There's a lot of dragons in my lair and likely in other's lairs who could very well benefit from the cosmetic appeal of other eye types. [/quote] As I have said on that other thread, major support, though I don't want everything just tossed into the MPs, I would prefer to have them scattered around the site, generating interest in other areas. As for devaluing, pretty much the only dragons that are actually worth anything with the new eye types (primal/mulit etc..) are dragons that were already worth something before the update (Gen1 XXXs and XXYs basically). I know there are primals gen1s on the AH for 4K gems, but last I checked, many of them had auctions that were close to being finished and they were months old dragons, meaning they probably hadn't sold for that much and weren't selling now. That is one of the fallacies about using listed auctions as a 'value check' because it doesn't always mean that those items priced like that are actually worth it. It just means that is what people want to get. However, if those items don't sell for that price, then it means they are overvalued. However, someone who is just checking price can't know the trend of what sells or not, they can only say 'well at this moment there are X items priced at Y gems on the AH'. Are there primal dragons that will sell for that much? yeah, but as a general rule do they sell for that much? I don't know, but I doubt it. So I sort of doubt that releasing natural eye vials through various means, especially if the rarer ones are harder to obtain will actually devalue anything, especially because of the following point: The people who are likely to use eye vials are not the same people who would likely to buy those gen1 dragons on the AH. So, those people having the ability to put primal or multigaze on their dragons has little affect on the people who are trying to sell primal or multigaze dragons.
PolyHue wrote on 2020-09-27 23:21:10:

As I have said on that other thread, major support, though I don't want everything just tossed into the MPs, I would prefer to have them scattered around the site, generating interest in other areas.

As for devaluing, pretty much the only dragons that are actually worth anything with the new eye types (primal/mulit etc..) are dragons that were already worth something before the update (Gen1 XXXs and XXYs basically).

I know there are primals gen1s on the AH for 4K gems, but last I checked, many of them had auctions that were close to being finished and they were months old dragons, meaning they probably hadn't sold for that much and weren't selling now. That is one of the fallacies about using listed auctions as a 'value check' because it doesn't always mean that those items priced like that are actually worth it. It just means that is what people want to get. However, if those items don't sell for that price, then it means they are overvalued. However, someone who is just checking price can't know the trend of what sells or not, they can only say 'well at this moment there are X items priced at Y gems on the AH'. Are there primal dragons that will sell for that much? yeah, but as a general rule do they sell for that much? I don't know, but I doubt it.

So I sort of doubt that releasing natural eye vials through various means, especially if the rarer ones are harder to obtain will actually devalue anything, especially because of the following point:

The people who are likely to use eye vials are not the same people who would likely to buy those gen1 dragons on the AH. So, those people having the ability to put primal or multigaze on their dragons has little affect on the people who are trying to sell primal or multigaze dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I’d love an entirely new type of eye vial to once again have the ability to get natural eye types. I never believed retiring the original vials was a good plan and I’m to this day still salty over what occurred.. the sheer amount of people who were against the retirement of a single use item should’ve at least made staff consider an alternative.

Allow me to explain how I believe some new vials could be added.

I believe we could have several eye vials to once again get natural eye types such as having a vial for Baldwin, Swipp, the coliseum, and the gem marketplace.
  • A new vial for swipp for a swipps swap only eye type, and as more eyes get added they all get added to this vial so it would in in high demand.
  • A vial for Baldwin that gives you a chance at common, uncommon, unusual and rare eyes and any new natural eye types to be added in the future that have more of a chance to get naturally than rare eyes.
  • The coliseum has the swirling sight vial but how about a vial that gives a rare chance at a new type of primal? I enjoy the current primal designs but what if we got another alternate set of primal eyes which could be explained in lore as being unlocked through battle? It’s just a thought but I still think it would be very desirable to have more options that just the generic primal we have now.
  • and one for the gem marketplace. Give it a big gem price tag like 500 gems and give the vial the chance at getting any gem marketplace eye type as well as a 5% or less chance at fauceted, multigaze, goat, or primal eyes.

As I see it most people don’t want to buy the scattervials and would rather hatch eggs until the get one. But I think by giving people the ability to take a chance at primal via the gem marketplace at a high price will actually cause more more to spend and buy gems to get primal on their old dragons or new XXY or XXX gen ones. It’s just a theory mind you but I do believe the site would benefit with new vials.

And as for my previous mention of different types of primal eyes via the coliseum imagine it as a power awakening of sorts that causes a change to the dragons eyes. But this idea stems from how many flights primal eye types are disliked by members of their own flight as well as others. So why not do a hot new take on Primal designs and make it available via the coliseum as a rare drop? I’m sure many people would like it if their flight had a different primal design, some flights such as; plague, water, earth, ice and nature. Imagine ice crystals or icicles jutting out of ice eyes, roots leaves coming from nature eyes, or bone coverings from plague like skeletal monocles surrounding the eye and a empty red pupil, and maybe a gemstone for earth. There are so many possibilities for new eyes and new ways to obtain them but by not allowing us to have a chance at natural eye types just makes eyes in general a controversial topic.
I’d love an entirely new type of eye vial to once again have the ability to get natural eye types. I never believed retiring the original vials was a good plan and I’m to this day still salty over what occurred.. the sheer amount of people who were against the retirement of a single use item should’ve at least made staff consider an alternative.

Allow me to explain how I believe some new vials could be added.

I believe we could have several eye vials to once again get natural eye types such as having a vial for Baldwin, Swipp, the coliseum, and the gem marketplace.
  • A new vial for swipp for a swipps swap only eye type, and as more eyes get added they all get added to this vial so it would in in high demand.
  • A vial for Baldwin that gives you a chance at common, uncommon, unusual and rare eyes and any new natural eye types to be added in the future that have more of a chance to get naturally than rare eyes.
  • The coliseum has the swirling sight vial but how about a vial that gives a rare chance at a new type of primal? I enjoy the current primal designs but what if we got another alternate set of primal eyes which could be explained in lore as being unlocked through battle? It’s just a thought but I still think it would be very desirable to have more options that just the generic primal we have now.
  • and one for the gem marketplace. Give it a big gem price tag like 500 gems and give the vial the chance at getting any gem marketplace eye type as well as a 5% or less chance at fauceted, multigaze, goat, or primal eyes.

As I see it most people don’t want to buy the scattervials and would rather hatch eggs until the get one. But I think by giving people the ability to take a chance at primal via the gem marketplace at a high price will actually cause more more to spend and buy gems to get primal on their old dragons or new XXY or XXX gen ones. It’s just a theory mind you but I do believe the site would benefit with new vials.

And as for my previous mention of different types of primal eyes via the coliseum imagine it as a power awakening of sorts that causes a change to the dragons eyes. But this idea stems from how many flights primal eye types are disliked by members of their own flight as well as others. So why not do a hot new take on Primal designs and make it available via the coliseum as a rare drop? I’m sure many people would like it if their flight had a different primal design, some flights such as; plague, water, earth, ice and nature. Imagine ice crystals or icicles jutting out of ice eyes, roots leaves coming from nature eyes, or bone coverings from plague like skeletal monocles surrounding the eye and a empty red pupil, and maybe a gemstone for earth. There are so many possibilities for new eyes and new ways to obtain them but by not allowing us to have a chance at natural eye types just makes eyes in general a controversial topic.
4xTBSTZ.png
All eyes should earnable through gameplay in vial forms. Putting any eye type into a mutation-only RNG system was the absolute worst decision the FR staff has ever made in the history of this game
All eyes should earnable through gameplay in vial forms. Putting any eye type into a mutation-only RNG system was the absolute worst decision the FR staff has ever made in the history of this game
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-09-28 14:05:31" ] All eyes should earnable through gameplay in vial forms. Putting any eye type into a mutation-only RNG system was the absolute worst decision the FR staff has ever made in the history of this game [/quote] THIS. Absolute truth. I want to [i]work[/i] towards my goals, that includes incorporating the eye types into those goals.But the [i]majority[/i] of eyes are essentially completely barred from influence and that's awful and stupid for a game about creating your perfect dragons -whether that's via breeding OR scrolling, or both.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-09-28 14:05:31:
THIS. Absolute truth.

I want to work towards my goals, that includes incorporating the eye types into those goals.But the majority of eyes are essentially completely barred from influence and that's awful and stupid for a game about creating your perfect dragons -whether that's via breeding OR scrolling, or both.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-09-28 14:20:46" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-09-28 14:05:31" ] All eyes should earnable through gameplay in vial forms. Putting any eye type into a mutation-only RNG system was the absolute worst decision the FR staff has ever made in the history of this game [/quote] THIS. Absolute truth. I want to [i]work[/i] towards my goals, that includes incorporating the eye types into those goals.But the [i]majority[/i] of eyes are essentially completely barred from influence and that's awful and stupid for a game about creating your perfect dragons -whether that's via breeding OR scrolling, or both. [/quote] This exactly. Individual eye vials plz. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2685458
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-09-28 14:20:46:
Contaminate wrote on 2020-09-28 14:05:31:
THIS. Absolute truth.

I want to work towards my goals, that includes incorporating the eye types into those goals.But the majority of eyes are essentially completely barred from influence and that's awful and stupid for a game about creating your perfect dragons -whether that's via breeding OR scrolling, or both.
This exactly. Individual eye vials plz.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2685458
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-28 06:34:48" ] As I have said on that other thread, major support, though I don't want everything just tossed into the MPs, I would prefer to have them scattered around the site, generating interest in other areas. [/quote] It would be really cool to involve the achievementsystem here. Complete this task X times and you get x reward, or collect x item and sell it, etc. Maybe the achievementsystem could be tied to an NPC and you could give stuff to it. Somwahat like the HD tasks, just more complicated for such a valuable prize. And as for vials or scrolls it would be nice to get one with a completed task and unlock the posibillity for it to stock in MP or Baldwin after that. Or the tasks might be able to be completed multiple time, idk. I just wonder how the FR team are recoding the achievements and if something like that is even possible. It's just an idea.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-28 06:34:48:
As I have said on that other thread, major support, though I don't want everything just tossed into the MPs, I would prefer to have them scattered around the site, generating interest in other areas.

It would be really cool to involve the achievementsystem here. Complete this task X times and you get x reward, or collect x item and sell it, etc. Maybe the achievementsystem could be tied to an NPC and you could give stuff to it. Somwahat like the HD tasks, just more complicated for such a valuable prize.
And as for vials or scrolls it would be nice to get one with a completed task and unlock the posibillity for it to stock in MP or Baldwin after that. Or the tasks might be able to be completed multiple time, idk.
I just wonder how the FR team are recoding the achievements and if something like that is even possible. It's just an idea.

xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
I love primals and don't want to devalue them. No support. There are still scrolls of random eye change.
If you want to have a particular dragon with rare eyes, you can still buy a few pairs and breed them until the desired dragon is born.
Although it would be nice to have scrolls on uncommon and unusual eyes. And, of course, scrolls for completely new types of eyes. (For example, with a heart instead of an iris or similar to the blind)
I love primals and don't want to devalue them. No support. There are still scrolls of random eye change.
If you want to have a particular dragon with rare eyes, you can still buy a few pairs and breed them until the desired dragon is born.
Although it would be nice to have scrolls on uncommon and unusual eyes. And, of course, scrolls for completely new types of eyes. (For example, with a heart instead of an iris or similar to the blind)
- 23 y.o.
- Fr +10
- She/her
______________________ Untitled1504-20210310203t549.png
I give all my support, or even another FR anniversary where they bring back scatter sights for a limited time would be great too, because I have quite a bit of projects to do with primal faceted and MG (plus my transferring to a G1 lair doesn't make it easy to do that)
I give all my support, or even another FR anniversary where they bring back scatter sights for a limited time would be great too, because I have quite a bit of projects to do with primal faceted and MG (plus my transferring to a G1 lair doesn't make it easy to do that)
https://imgur.com/rv3YbWH.png https://imgur.com/q7fPxR2.png
W95DLKk.png art by Helbram
1E8JFs6.png [img][/img]nvsyV.gif
1 2