Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Event calendar?
1 2 3
Support, I really think this would be very helpful for both the forgetful and new players who don't know what's available or when things happen.

@GhostlyWaffle

in case you aren't aware, when it comes to the next festival in the rotation going to the festive favors page and hovering (or long press on mobile) over either of the two giant button things for the fest shop or Joxar brings up a bit of text telling you the date of the upcoming festival.
Which I honestly think just ought to be visible on that page whenever it's closed.
Support, I really think this would be very helpful for both the forgetful and new players who don't know what's available or when things happen.

@GhostlyWaffle

in case you aren't aware, when it comes to the next festival in the rotation going to the festive favors page and hovering (or long press on mobile) over either of the two giant button things for the fest shop or Joxar brings up a bit of text telling you the date of the upcoming festival.
Which I honestly think just ought to be visible on that page whenever it's closed.
@PersimmonBird OOOHHH!!!!! THANK YOU, I didn't know about it, this is so useful! ^^ thanks a lot! :3

I still would enjoy to see a calendar because it would be most likely pretty and helpful, and more intuitive... I like calendars because it's a visual way of organizing time and that helps me a lot in terms of organization. Also... if each player could have a way to interact with calendar, like set reminders or take notes... that would be cool as well.

I was thinking about that yesterday when checking breed dates for my dragon couples... Of course that each note would be visible only for the person who wrote it otherwise the calendar would be a huge mess.... but anyway, these were just other thoughts about the calendar idea.

But anyway that tip was awesome for the festival matter. Thanks again! ^^
@PersimmonBird OOOHHH!!!!! THANK YOU, I didn't know about it, this is so useful! ^^ thanks a lot! :3

I still would enjoy to see a calendar because it would be most likely pretty and helpful, and more intuitive... I like calendars because it's a visual way of organizing time and that helps me a lot in terms of organization. Also... if each player could have a way to interact with calendar, like set reminders or take notes... that would be cool as well.

I was thinking about that yesterday when checking breed dates for my dragon couples... Of course that each note would be visible only for the person who wrote it otherwise the calendar would be a huge mess.... but anyway, these were just other thoughts about the calendar idea.

But anyway that tip was awesome for the festival matter. Thanks again! ^^
banner.png
@jbapple thanks for explaining the dates to me, I'm probably going to forget that later on, but still thank you. :3
@jbapple thanks for explaining the dates to me, I'm probably going to forget that later on, but still thank you. :3
banner.png
I'd really like that. It could include the smaller events that I always forget about like pirate day...
I'd really like that. It could include the smaller events that I always forget about like pirate day...
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
BIG support. I hate having to go to an inactive Joxar and mouse over to see when the fest starts, or googling it on an offsite wiki, it'd be nicer to just have a page on here. Even if it was only for 1-2 months' worth of the year it'd be worth it imo. Also, theme weeks! I swear I can miss that they're even going on unless some forums blow up with activity about it or a new fam comes out.
BIG support. I hate having to go to an inactive Joxar and mouse over to see when the fest starts, or googling it on an offsite wiki, it'd be nicer to just have a page on here. Even if it was only for 1-2 months' worth of the year it'd be worth it imo. Also, theme weeks! I swear I can miss that they're even going on unless some forums blow up with activity about it or a new fam comes out.
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
Support! I would like a calendar with monthly festivals but maybe they could leave off things like 'pirate week' so we still have some random events
Support! I would like a calendar with monthly festivals but maybe they could leave off things like 'pirate week' so we still have some random events
xcyUiLb.png ljTSTgD.gif] k2oor6F.png
Support! I had to click my way through the forums for about an hour before I found the order of the festivals, which made my hand really numb. I'd love to have a little calendar right there to look at!
Support! I had to click my way through the forums for about an hour before I found the order of the festivals, which made my hand really numb. I'd love to have a little calendar right there to look at!
WKtl2lb.png
em6G0U2.png
Xu5eH.gifxV8Kg.gifH4gwx.gif
Lichtdrache.gif[/center]
Well there is an approximate calendar for elemental holidays in the Encyclopedia right here
Well there is an approximate calendar for elemental holidays in the Encyclopedia right here
sBdLZtA.png
support. Now that we have micro holidays and other events, this would be a nice adittion to the encyclopedia! and I suspect we will be getting more seasonal/annual events with years coming, so this would be super useful not only for new players, but also for those who return from hiatus! also this: [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-26 09:04:15" ] I have wanted this pretty much since I first joined, and I think it would be cute to put other special dates there too, like when Baldwin first appeared, when he created bogsneaks and things like that. [/quote]
support.

Now that we have micro holidays and other events, this would be a nice adittion to the encyclopedia! and I suspect we will be getting more seasonal/annual events with years coming, so this would be super useful not only for new players, but also for those who return from hiatus!

also this:
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-26 09:04:15:
I have wanted this pretty much since I first joined, and I think it would be cute to put other special dates there too, like when Baldwin first appeared, when he created bogsneaks and things like that.
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
support! this would definitely make fr more accessible to visual-thinking people. and just helpful and practical in general
support! this would definitely make fr more accessible to visual-thinking people. and just helpful and practical in general
2.gif
1 2 3