Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | make exalting less sad
1 2 3 4
Additionally, I'd like to suggest creating stand-in dragons for bios or clan lore. You can dress scry's now, so there's not much limiting you, writing wise, or paperdoll aesthetics, when concerned with being attached to dragons you exalt.
Fundamentally you can create whole dragons and dress them up, with no charge!! And save those images and use them in dragon bios when writing about exalted dragons. The only thing is that they're not able to breed.
Additionally, I'd like to suggest creating stand-in dragons for bios or clan lore. You can dress scry's now, so there's not much limiting you, writing wise, or paperdoll aesthetics, when concerned with being attached to dragons you exalt.
Fundamentally you can create whole dragons and dress them up, with no charge!! And save those images and use them in dragon bios when writing about exalted dragons. The only thing is that they're not able to breed.
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
[quote]It is canon that the dragons you exalt go to serve your flight's Diety directly. In human terms, this means they're dead, but in Flight Rising terms, the Dragon Gods are real. They are physical beings.[/quote] It doesn't mean they're dead unless the player wants exalting to mean it. In Sorienth, the deities have a physical presence. So that means exalted dragons are traveling to a physical place to serve the highest powers in their world--which could mean anything the player wants it to mean. Maybe the dragons are soldiers, fighting for their gods. Maybe the dragons are tending orphan hatchlings. Maybe the exalted dragons are cooks or scientists or explorers or spies or fashion designers or anything and everything. Exalting =/= death EDIT: Chiming in my further support for an Exalt Shop. Since FR released the very popular pose change scroll, I hope they release the very popular Exalt Shop (and individual eye vials).
Quote:
It is canon that the dragons you exalt go to serve your flight's Diety directly. In human terms, this means they're dead, but in Flight Rising terms, the Dragon Gods are real. They are physical beings.

It doesn't mean they're dead unless the player wants exalting to mean it.

In Sorienth, the deities have a physical presence. So that means exalted dragons are traveling to a physical place to serve the highest powers in their world--which could mean anything the player wants it to mean. Maybe the dragons are soldiers, fighting for their gods. Maybe the dragons are tending orphan hatchlings. Maybe the exalted dragons are cooks or scientists or explorers or spies or fashion designers or anything and everything.

Exalting =/= death

EDIT: Chiming in my further support for an Exalt Shop. Since FR released the very popular pose change scroll, I hope they release the very popular Exalt Shop (and individual eye vials).
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support. Exalting is not "sad" unless the player makes it out to be. There is little to no cannon that comes with exalting other than the dragon is serving their god. Anything else is added by the player, and removing it being vague would ruin others headcannons.
No support. Exalting is not "sad" unless the player makes it out to be. There is little to no cannon that comes with exalting other than the dragon is serving their god. Anything else is added by the player, and removing it being vague would ruin others headcannons.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
@Orgetzu: I meant "I don't understand that viewpoint" as in it doesn't make sense to me, not as in I don't know what people say about it.

My view remains the same - exalting is only sad if you make it out to be. Site lore is pretty clear it isn't sad at all.
@Orgetzu: I meant "I don't understand that viewpoint" as in it doesn't make sense to me, not as in I don't know what people say about it.

My view remains the same - exalting is only sad if you make it out to be. Site lore is pretty clear it isn't sad at all.
6ntc1cC.jpg
@ProbablySkeletor Ah, okay. It's hard to always tell, and some people legitimately don't understand, so I figured I'd go ahead and mention stuff, anyway.

And yeah. Lore-wise, it isn't sad at all as far as the site is concerned.
@ProbablySkeletor Ah, okay. It's hard to always tell, and some people legitimately don't understand, so I figured I'd go ahead and mention stuff, anyway.

And yeah. Lore-wise, it isn't sad at all as far as the site is concerned.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
I don't find exalted Dragons sad.

They're given the highest honour a dragon can have...serving their Diety.

Exalted dragons can be referred to in the Clan Lore or indirectly in the lore of your other dragons if you want to memorialize them.

Also, when a dragon is exalted, it stays with your Clan: all the money on the site cannot buy it, take it or change it. It lives on, beyond commerce, serving a higher power.

That is a beautiful thing (in my opinion).
I don't find exalted Dragons sad.

They're given the highest honour a dragon can have...serving their Diety.

Exalted dragons can be referred to in the Clan Lore or indirectly in the lore of your other dragons if you want to memorialize them.

Also, when a dragon is exalted, it stays with your Clan: all the money on the site cannot buy it, take it or change it. It lives on, beyond commerce, serving a higher power.

That is a beautiful thing (in my opinion).
Looking for Tidelord...wN876Zm.gif1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
I don't find it sad either, but I also don't exalt personally unless I'm retiring a permanent lair dragon because I don't want it in another person's hands xD
I don't find it sad either, but I also don't exalt personally unless I'm retiring a permanent lair dragon because I don't want it in another person's hands xD
IDK why people always think they're "throwing a dragon in the trash" when the admins themselves have confirmed that Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can receive. They are going to serve the Dragon Gods.
IDK what more people want.
Confetti and kazoos every time you send a dragon away?
IDK why people always think they're "throwing a dragon in the trash" when the admins themselves have confirmed that Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can receive. They are going to serve the Dragon Gods.
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="Bowno" date="2020-09-20 08:49:19" ] IDK what more people want. Confetti and kazoos every time you send a dragon away? [/quote] ...yes
Bowno wrote on 2020-09-20 08:49:19:

...yes
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-09-17 21:49:36" ] 1. Many people want some way to search for dragons they exalted. However, just as FYI. DRagons Exalted by people who switch flights move to the new flight. IE, any dragons I exalted, should I move to arcane for example, will now say they are exalted to the Arcanists. 2. I have to say no support. Exalting, as a mechanic, is meant to get rid of data, and having to keep stats or things like that on dragons that have been exalted defeats that purpose. Plus, in my opinion, the only way to contribute to dominance should be through exalting because it is an important mechanic that is needed for the health of the site. Finally, exalting, by canon lore, isn't sad. It is the highest honor a dragon can recieve, and frankly, I doubt that for people who simply don't want to see it as such, nothing will help them to, because their minds are made up. Edit: However, to make exalting 'more fun', at least to me, I think an exalt shop would be a wonderful idea. Exalting a dragon would give you the same rewards as now, but also 'points' that you can spend in an exclusive shop filled with goodies. [/quote] exalt shop, eh? Sure. I must say though, It'd be nice to still know what a dragons colors/genes are after exalting. Or, at the very least, colors.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-09-17 21:49:36:
1. Many people want some way to search for dragons they exalted. However, just as FYI. DRagons Exalted by people who switch flights move to the new flight. IE, any dragons I exalted, should I move to arcane for example, will now say they are exalted to the Arcanists.

2. I have to say no support. Exalting, as a mechanic, is meant to get rid of data, and having to keep stats or things like that on dragons that have been exalted defeats that purpose. Plus, in my opinion, the only way to contribute to dominance should be through exalting because it is an important mechanic that is needed for the health of the site.

Finally, exalting, by canon lore, isn't sad. It is the highest honor a dragon can recieve, and frankly, I doubt that for people who simply don't want to see it as such, nothing will help them to, because their minds are made up.

Edit: However, to make exalting 'more fun', at least to me, I think an exalt shop would be a wonderful idea. Exalting a dragon would give you the same rewards as now, but also 'points' that you can spend in an exclusive shop filled with goodies.
exalt shop, eh? Sure. I must say though, It'd be nice to still know what a dragons colors/genes are after exalting. Or, at the very least, colors.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
1 2 3 4