Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Subscription / Patreon for dragons
1 2 3 4
Another idea I had recently is if FR would ever offer a subscription plan or tiers in order to get monthly gems / rewards / bouses. It would still be largely free to play, but players could have the option to give FR money over time rather than a lump sum to acquire a ton of gems. Some perks could include:

- monthly allowance of gems
- weekly buffs for more gathering turns, shop discounts, etc.
- unlocked additional potential reward from Roundsey's Raffle exclude to members
- unlocks an additional nest

This also means that FR may have a steadier stream of income in order to hire more artists to produce more genes and features for the site as a whole. (I don't claim to know anything about FR's actual income streams.) This is based off of subscription models for things like Spotify, Twitch, YouTube, etc. What do you guys think?
Another idea I had recently is if FR would ever offer a subscription plan or tiers in order to get monthly gems / rewards / bouses. It would still be largely free to play, but players could have the option to give FR money over time rather than a lump sum to acquire a ton of gems. Some perks could include:

- monthly allowance of gems
- unlocked additional potential reward from Roundsey's Raffle exclude to members
- unlocks an additional nest

This also means that FR may have a steadier stream of income in order to hire more artists to produce more genes and features for the site as a whole. (I don't claim to know anything about FR's actual income streams.) This is based off of subscription models for things like Spotify, Twitch, YouTube, etc. What do you guys think?
To be honest, I prefer FR's way of doing things. I don't want perks locked behind a USD wall (or pay wall) especially ones that will give a distinct advantage over non-players. I like that about FR, and find games where people who can buy these types of accounts/subscriptions much less fun, especially when the site starts catering to those individuals (bringing out more perks to make it worth it, answering their reports more etc...).

I wouldn't mind more perks, but only if they are available in the gem MP where anyone who can obtain gems (which is anyone, due to being able to trade gems for treasure through the forums and vice versa) can get them, rather than only people who are able to buy through paypal etcc...
To be honest, I prefer FR's way of doing things. I don't want perks locked behind a USD wall (or pay wall) especially ones that will give a distinct advantage over non-players. I like that about FR, and find games where people who can buy these types of accounts/subscriptions much less fun, especially when the site starts catering to those individuals (bringing out more perks to make it worth it, answering their reports more etc...).

I wouldn't mind more perks, but only if they are available in the gem MP where anyone who can obtain gems (which is anyone, due to being able to trade gems for treasure through the forums and vice versa) can get them, rather than only people who are able to buy through paypal etcc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No thank you, I find games that have a premium membership and a free membership tend to become elitist. FR does a very good job at not being p2w and I feel a paid membership would be too much p2w
No thank you, I find games that have a premium membership and a free membership tend to become elitist. FR does a very good job at not being p2w and I feel a paid membership would be too much p2w
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Honestly, I probably wouldn't play as much. I really, really detest p2w and USD-locked exclusive things like discounts, rewards, and extra nests are very, very p2w
Honestly, I probably wouldn't play as much. I really, really detest p2w and USD-locked exclusive things like discounts, rewards, and extra nests are very, very p2w
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
No thanks, I really dislike games that run on a subscription or VIP level model. I like how FR handles in game purchases- they're all things you can technically get without paying, but paying helps a lot and enhances your gameplay experience. I'd much rather spend money on something concrete like gems for a gene scroll than something like getting extra perks every day.
No thanks, I really dislike games that run on a subscription or VIP level model. I like how FR handles in game purchases- they're all things you can technically get without paying, but paying helps a lot and enhances your gameplay experience. I'd much rather spend money on something concrete like gems for a gene scroll than something like getting extra perks every day.
jCVhFoZ.gif
This is called pay to win mechanics, and they're not encouraged.

I hate to remind this, but we're in the middle of a pandemic, and a lot of people cannot afford to go and spend on such luxuries. Introducing this right now would be...terrible.
Quote:

If these are equivalent, or better than what dominance gives, this would completely kill dominance. Why bother with a tiring mechanic when you can just throw money at the site
This is called pay to win mechanics, and they're not encouraged.

I hate to remind this, but we're in the middle of a pandemic, and a lot of people cannot afford to go and spend on such luxuries. Introducing this right now would be...terrible.
Quote:

If these are equivalent, or better than what dominance gives, this would completely kill dominance. Why bother with a tiring mechanic when you can just throw money at the site
No thank you. The moment Flight Rising introduces such offers and mechanics would be the moment I quit, even if I could afford these.

Flight Rising is one of the very few browser-based games without pay-to-win mechanics. It would be bad if that was no longer the case.

Pay-to-win is unethical.

If you want to support the game, disable your adblocker or buy gems.
No thank you. The moment Flight Rising introduces such offers and mechanics would be the moment I quit, even if I could afford these.

Flight Rising is one of the very few browser-based games without pay-to-win mechanics. It would be bad if that was no longer the case.

Pay-to-win is unethical.

If you want to support the game, disable your adblocker or buy gems.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
NO

this would make the game REALLY p2w, and would make the whole site kinda elitist.
NO

this would make the game REALLY p2w, and would make the whole site kinda elitist.
ttGfSL1.png
No thank you. I hate it when games do this. Why? Because its pay to win. Pay five dollars, get anything you want. WildCraft used to be a good game (still is, dont get me wring) but once they introduced the 'Wild Club' I kind of lost interest. I don't want this to happen.
No thank you. I hate it when games do this. Why? Because its pay to win. Pay five dollars, get anything you want. WildCraft used to be a good game (still is, dont get me wring) but once they introduced the 'Wild Club' I kind of lost interest. I don't want this to happen.
Z1RkWWM.png
Absolutely no support. I hate premium models on games, and if they ever decide to do this, it should be purchasable with gems instead of exclusive to real money. Ideally they don't do it at all.
Absolutely no support. I hate premium models on games, and if they ever decide to do this, it should be purchasable with gems instead of exclusive to real money. Ideally they don't do it at all.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 3 4