Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Random Dragon Front Page Notification
1 2 3
There are a lot of dragons that go through the front page each day. Having your dragon in the front page is an achievement for some people, since there are so many dragons on flightrising and [b]having your dragon being picked for the front page is, for the people who know about, a big deal. [/b] However, there are no notifications that this happened... the only possible notification is if another user sees your dragon and then comments on your profile "____ was on the front page". I personally feel that it's a bummer that your dragon could be on the front page but you'd never know it. I, and a decent chunk of other users (most notably @azurebolt ([s]apologies for the ping[/s])), have been clicking on the random dragon, looking if the user is active or not, and have been commenting "___ was on the front page" for several months now. Some users respond and some users don't, but It seems like that knowing that your derg was on the front page is a big deal for the people who care about it. [b]I have noticed, however, the dragons that people comment on are usually ones that are decked in some apparel, have nice non-basic genes, or have a very nice aesthetic, leaving dragons that people care about who don't have those things out of the list. [/b]Although I would love to comment on everyone's profile if their derg was on the front page, I am merely a human and I also have a life outside of flightrising as well. [b]I would like to propose having a notification or an alert for when your dragon is on the front page that says something like this:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iXShpdh.png[/img] [Text: Congratulations! Your Dragon ____ was featured on the front page.] [b]So that people can see that their dragon was on the front page, and with direct access from any page on the site.[/b] [b]This feature can be turned on and off[/b] because I know some individuals that do not like alerts. Although having your derg on the front page is usually not as common, I can understand that people would like to keep their alerts clean or do not like having alerts in the first place. [b]EDIT:[/b] I've decided that [b]having the program as an opt in program only [/b]will make it easier for everyone who wants to see the notification to see the notification, and people who don't care otherwise don't have to see it at all.
There are a lot of dragons that go through the front page each day. Having your dragon in the front page is an achievement for some people, since there are so many dragons on flightrising and having your dragon being picked for the front page is, for the people who know about, a big deal.

However, there are no notifications that this happened... the only possible notification is if another user sees your dragon and then comments on your profile "____ was on the front page". I personally feel that it's a bummer that your dragon could be on the front page but you'd never know it.

I, and a decent chunk of other users (most notably @azurebolt (apologies for the ping)), have been clicking on the random dragon, looking if the user is active or not, and have been commenting "___ was on the front page" for several months now. Some users respond and some users don't, but It seems like that knowing that your derg was on the front page is a big deal for the people who care about it. I have noticed, however, the dragons that people comment on are usually ones that are decked in some apparel, have nice non-basic genes, or have a very nice aesthetic, leaving dragons that people care about who don't have those things out of the list. Although I would love to comment on everyone's profile if their derg was on the front page, I am merely a human and I also have a life outside of flightrising as well.

I would like to propose having a notification or an alert for when your dragon is on the front page that says something like this:
iXShpdh.png
[Text: Congratulations! Your Dragon ____ was featured on the front page.]
So that people can see that their dragon was on the front page, and with direct access from any page on the site.

This feature can be turned on and off because I know some individuals that do not like alerts. Although having your derg on the front page is usually not as common, I can understand that people would like to keep their alerts clean or do not like having alerts in the first place.

EDIT: I've decided that having the program as an opt in program only will make it easier for everyone who wants to see the notification to see the notification, and people who don't care otherwise don't have to see it at all.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
I like this, but there is something really special about someone spotting it and taking the time to mention it on your page =)
I like this, but there is something really special about someone spotting it and taking the time to mention it on your page =)
478Ynjw.png
Sorry, I have to disagree.

There really isn't anything special about having your dragon on the front page, because it is a completely random script of all unexalted dragons.

Even with a toggle, I wouldn't really want this.

For one thing, those dragons are only there for, what five minutes, less? I can never remember, which means that is a LOT of notifications, even accounting for ones who would opt out, going out at all times.

Also, as said, there really isn't anything special about being picked, because there is no human element to it, it is simply a rotation of dragons picked by a script to showcase the site. While it can be nice to have someone say 'XXX was on the front page', it is nice because they noticed and cared enough to track the owner down, not because the dragon was on the front page.

So, I have to say no support, though I wouldn't be upset if it were added (though I think it would be better as an opt in than opt out)
Sorry, I have to disagree.

There really isn't anything special about having your dragon on the front page, because it is a completely random script of all unexalted dragons.

Even with a toggle, I wouldn't really want this.

For one thing, those dragons are only there for, what five minutes, less? I can never remember, which means that is a LOT of notifications, even accounting for ones who would opt out, going out at all times.

Also, as said, there really isn't anything special about being picked, because there is no human element to it, it is simply a rotation of dragons picked by a script to showcase the site. While it can be nice to have someone say 'XXX was on the front page', it is nice because they noticed and cared enough to track the owner down, not because the dragon was on the front page.

So, I have to say no support, though I wouldn't be upset if it were added (though I think it would be better as an opt in than opt out)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm a bit confused - what, exactly, would that text congratulate you with?... You didn't do anything, it's just pure RNG, so this just feels like one of those participation trophies, you know, "congratulations on having a dragon in FR". No support for participation trophy-like alerts.
I'm a bit confused - what, exactly, would that text congratulate you with?... You didn't do anything, it's just pure RNG, so this just feels like one of those participation trophies, you know, "congratulations on having a dragon in FR". No support for participation trophy-like alerts.
JQQ3Fjt.png
oh hello unexpected ping- never thought my little comments would become notable aha. i usually try to leave a comment when the dragon is above 40 energy and not fodder, regardless of apparel or aesthetics

I'm sort of ehhhhhhh about this, though. As others have said, the random dragon script is just a showcase; getting your dragon to show up for 60 whole seconds is pure luck. It can be cool for if one is offline when it happens, but commenting on the user's page can solve this since you already get notified for those. This would probably only benefit users who have long left Flight Rising who don't get these sorts of comments, but what's the likelihood of them returning to the site? We can't say for sure since it varies from user to user.

I suppose this would fall under no support.
oh hello unexpected ping- never thought my little comments would become notable aha. i usually try to leave a comment when the dragon is above 40 energy and not fodder, regardless of apparel or aesthetics

I'm sort of ehhhhhhh about this, though. As others have said, the random dragon script is just a showcase; getting your dragon to show up for 60 whole seconds is pure luck. It can be cool for if one is offline when it happens, but commenting on the user's page can solve this since you already get notified for those. This would probably only benefit users who have long left Flight Rising who don't get these sorts of comments, but what's the likelihood of them returning to the site? We can't say for sure since it varies from user to user.

I suppose this would fall under no support.
Exusiai from Arknights, lying face-first on the ground. Her halo is a distance away from her. Bolt/Azzy/Nia
she/they | fr + 2 | avatar
I wish I could Lorem Ipsum my way through life like people Lorem Ipsum through their dragon bios. (picture source)
hmm i guess i'd personally love to know if i won at this game of RNG and i think the notification mock-up is really cute! i just wonder how much of a strain it would be for that many alerts to go out every minute. otherwise i support it, with a toggle of course.
hmm i guess i'd personally love to know if i won at this game of RNG and i think the notification mock-up is really cute! i just wonder how much of a strain it would be for that many alerts to go out every minute. otherwise i support it, with a toggle of course.
yzUX307.png
@Ratiasu
Yeah having the notification would be nice! I do feel like it could be straining and Im not exactly sure how it would work exactly, but it would make a lot of people who already comment on profiles lives a little bit easier in the long run, as well as fun for the people who don't feed their dragons or have a lot of ungened g1s who don't get a lot of love.
@Ratiasu
Yeah having the notification would be nice! I do feel like it could be straining and Im not exactly sure how it would work exactly, but it would make a lot of people who already comment on profiles lives a little bit easier in the long run, as well as fun for the people who don't feed their dragons or have a lot of ungened g1s who don't get a lot of love.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
I do like the idea, but I feel like a notification every single minute being sent to a user is kind of... a lot. I don't know what kind of effect mass notifications have on the servers, but still.

Also as much as I love getting my permas on the front page, more often than not it's fodder and I don't need to be notified about those lol
I do like the idea, but I feel like a notification every single minute being sent to a user is kind of... a lot. I don't know what kind of effect mass notifications have on the servers, but still.

Also as much as I love getting my permas on the front page, more often than not it's fodder and I don't need to be notified about those lol
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I don't really like when people comment me about my dragons being on the front page because it's so meaningless, if the site itself was to bother me about it, nope. Hell nope.
I don't really like when people comment me about my dragons being on the front page because it's so meaningless, if the site itself was to bother me about it, nope. Hell nope.
My concern is, if this is implemented, people will have more reason to make the random showcase an 'active-dragons only' showcase, which I personally do not want. Also, the feeling when someone noticed my dragon and commented is very different to getting a system notice - one feels more personal and knowing that there are people enjoying my dragon, the other just a lifeless mechanism telling me my dragon's on the front page (and sorry no one else noticed).
My concern is, if this is implemented, people will have more reason to make the random showcase an 'active-dragons only' showcase, which I personally do not want. Also, the feeling when someone noticed my dragon and commented is very different to getting a system notice - one feels more personal and knowing that there are people enjoying my dragon, the other just a lifeless mechanism telling me my dragon's on the front page (and sorry no one else noticed).
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 3