Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32
[quote name="Melralis" date="2020-06-08 08:55:56" ] [size=6][b][u]ALTERNATIVE MOCK-UP[/u][/b][/size] [size=3][URL=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2870673/16#post_43590123]Based on this suggestion.[/URL] Different button placement. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Oy9vvsz.png[/img] [/quote] I like this. So much easier to look at. I am still bothered by the size/scale vs the dragon of the Familiar, but I like having them next to the dragon. And I love being able to name them! Love the buttons all being under the dragon. Personally, I would like to be able to toggle out of having people like my dragons, but it makes sense to have it up in the corner.
Melralis wrote on 2020-06-08 08:55:56:

ALTERNATIVE MOCK-UP
Based on this suggestion. Different button placement.

Oy9vvsz.png

I like this. So much easier to look at.

I am still bothered by the size/scale vs the dragon of the Familiar, but I like having them next to the dragon. And I love being able to name them!

Love the buttons all being under the dragon.

Personally, I would like to be able to toggle out of having people like my dragons, but it makes sense to have it up in the corner.
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2020-06-09 15:10:00" ] I don't love the version with the buttons all on one line. It may be neater in the sense that they're all in a row, but I personally find it a bit chaotic to just have a big long list of a million options. I like things a little more modular. I also don't love having the exalt button nestled in there with everything else. Took a crack at button adjustment myself, building off [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2870673/12#post_43584975]my previous version[/url] [img]https://imgur.com/CKcxot8.png[/img] Additional changes from my original version: [LIST] [*]Moved Customize and Breed down by Apparel and Lineage. This is similar to the old profile layout, so it's familiar to old users and modular for new users. [*]Added button to the Battle Info section that's a shortcut to the coli [*]Moved Feed to the top, since that's where it is on the lair page, so it's familiar [*]Shortened the bond bar and moved the Bond button next it. Now the bars are bookended by buttons for visual balance [*]Moved the Swap Familiar button up next to the familiar name. [/LIST] [/quote] @hawkfeather I like this best too. One line of buttons is to much for me. Buttons all spread out is the best. I think lineage is best in the middle. Battle is not as important to go under our dragons.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2020-06-09 15:10:00:
I don't love the version with the buttons all on one line. It may be neater in the sense that they're all in a row, but I personally find it a bit chaotic to just have a big long list of a million options. I like things a little more modular. I also don't love having the exalt button nestled in there with everything else. Took a crack at button adjustment myself, building off my previous version

CKcxot8.png

Additional changes from my original version:
  • Moved Customize and Breed down by Apparel and Lineage. This is similar to the old profile layout, so it's familiar to old users and modular for new users.
  • Added button to the Battle Info section that's a shortcut to the coli
  • Moved Feed to the top, since that's where it is on the lair page, so it's familiar
  • Shortened the bond bar and moved the Bond button next it. Now the bars are bookended by buttons for visual balance
  • Moved the Swap Familiar button up next to the familiar name.

@hawkfeather

I like this best too. One line of buttons is to much for me. Buttons all spread out is the best.

I think lineage is best in the middle. Battle is not as important to go under our dragons.
6NDVAGQ.png
@Melralis I support this, any changed towards meaking the new profile better has my support! I also did some mockup too! I felt like sharing [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325419375882534912/720055774566416444/unknown.png[/img][/center] imo, I think battle stats can be as they where in the old profile version, jus the info and no battle experience bar or the stones, cleanest as possible!
@Melralis I support this, any changed towards meaking the new profile better has my support!

I also did some mockup too! I felt like sharing
unknown.png

imo, I think battle stats can be as they where in the old profile version, jus the info and no battle experience bar or the stones, cleanest as possible!
Art_shop.png
[quote name="Melralis"][img]https://i.imgur.com/RQown97.png[/img][/quote] Support!
Melralis wrote:
RQown97.png

Support!

Art by
Rashakiro
MxpKMoG.png_________________________________
~ Crazy
He/him
Brazilian
(FR+5)
@BananaCrackers
Thanks!
The stuff below isn’t specifically aimed at you, but your comment did make me realize I actually have a preference too, so I wanted to take the opportunity to elaborate on why I left it this way

Let me preface this with the fact that I’m not a graphic or UI designer in particular, though I have studied some art and design. I’m really just going off my own instinct and basic understanding, which is definitely not universal or flawless! So I’m really appreciating reading all the feedback threads and enjoying trying to put together something that addresses as many issues as possible.

So with that said, my main reason for leaving the battle info in the middle is that I like the look of the exp bar centered under the energy bar. I also find the default scroll bar in most browsers to be hideous, so I like lineage being on the right to make that bar (when it shows up) as out of the way as possible. And this last bit might just be me, but I find that by boxing the Apparel and Lineage sections but not Battle Info, my eye actually skips over the Battle Section. It may be centered, but it sort of fades into the background for me. I also find the boxes create a triangle with the dragon, so it tends to draw my eye to the 3 points and back to the dragon. I mentally skip the middle. Because of all that, I don’t really consider the center inherently more important than all the other spots in the overall design.

But like I said, that could all just be me. While I do have a preference for this layout, it’s not a super strong one, and I certainly don’t hate it other ways.
@BananaCrackers
Thanks!
The stuff below isn’t specifically aimed at you, but your comment did make me realize I actually have a preference too, so I wanted to take the opportunity to elaborate on why I left it this way

Let me preface this with the fact that I’m not a graphic or UI designer in particular, though I have studied some art and design. I’m really just going off my own instinct and basic understanding, which is definitely not universal or flawless! So I’m really appreciating reading all the feedback threads and enjoying trying to put together something that addresses as many issues as possible.

So with that said, my main reason for leaving the battle info in the middle is that I like the look of the exp bar centered under the energy bar. I also find the default scroll bar in most browsers to be hideous, so I like lineage being on the right to make that bar (when it shows up) as out of the way as possible. And this last bit might just be me, but I find that by boxing the Apparel and Lineage sections but not Battle Info, my eye actually skips over the Battle Section. It may be centered, but it sort of fades into the background for me. I also find the boxes create a triangle with the dragon, so it tends to draw my eye to the 3 points and back to the dragon. I mentally skip the middle. Because of all that, I don’t really consider the center inherently more important than all the other spots in the overall design.

But like I said, that could all just be me. While I do have a preference for this layout, it’s not a super strong one, and I certainly don’t hate it other ways.
Wua5ROf.png
@hawkfeather

Your explanation was great! I like that you explained your choices and I understand your words. Especially about the scrolling bars your explanation makes sense so I appreciate it better and I like it a little more. Overall I still prefer your design so far!

Maybe your mockups also should have a dedicated suggestion thread too. Since users like different things and also not a lot of mockups like yours with the Center buttons spread out.

And if staff are looking at suggestions it will be easier to find if they do not read through all the comments on a post thread.
@hawkfeather

Your explanation was great! I like that you explained your choices and I understand your words. Especially about the scrolling bars your explanation makes sense so I appreciate it better and I like it a little more. Overall I still prefer your design so far!

Maybe your mockups also should have a dedicated suggestion thread too. Since users like different things and also not a lot of mockups like yours with the Center buttons spread out.

And if staff are looking at suggestions it will be easier to find if they do not read through all the comments on a post thread.
6NDVAGQ.png
@BananaCrackers
Glad it made sense! I totally get everyone has different preferences, so I’m never sure if how I’m seeing things would work for other people too.

I’ll certainly consider making a thread! When I first posted there weren’t very many, and this was looking a little like a megathread. I didn’t really want to clutter the forum if everyone was just posting here. But you’re right. There are quite a few now, and this thread is getting so big it could easily be missed. I might make a few tweaks first, and maybe some mockups for “no familiar” and “other people’s lairs” versions, but if people would like to see and give feedback on my stuff in a dedicated thread, then I can definitely make one.

(Side note: Staff, if any of you ARE reading this, and there’s a preference for one thread over multiple, just let me know and I won’t make another)
@BananaCrackers
Glad it made sense! I totally get everyone has different preferences, so I’m never sure if how I’m seeing things would work for other people too.

I’ll certainly consider making a thread! When I first posted there weren’t very many, and this was looking a little like a megathread. I didn’t really want to clutter the forum if everyone was just posting here. But you’re right. There are quite a few now, and this thread is getting so big it could easily be missed. I might make a few tweaks first, and maybe some mockups for “no familiar” and “other people’s lairs” versions, but if people would like to see and give feedback on my stuff in a dedicated thread, then I can definitely make one.

(Side note: Staff, if any of you ARE reading this, and there’s a preference for one thread over multiple, just let me know and I won’t make another)
Wua5ROf.png
Oh man this is an amazing mock-up [emoji=nocturne love size=1] My main beef with the profiles is lack of visible dividers and having important information (genes/colors) below the dragon. Also I really can't stand having the familiar info above the familiar. It looks bad just having text floating there. So this entire mock-up is just -chef's kiss-
Oh man this is an amazing mock-up

My main beef with the profiles is lack of visible dividers and having important information (genes/colors) below the dragon. Also I really can't stand having the familiar info above the familiar. It looks bad just having text floating there. So this entire mock-up is just -chef's kiss-
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
[quote name="BananaCrackers" date="2020-06-09 16:05:58" ] [quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2020-06-09 15:10:00" ] I don't love the version with the buttons all on one line. It may be neater in the sense that they're all in a row, but I personally find it a bit chaotic to just have a big long list of a million options. I like things a little more modular. I also don't love having the exalt button nestled in there with everything else. Took a crack at button adjustment myself, building off [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2870673/12#post_43584975]my previous version[/url] [img]https://imgur.com/CKcxot8.png[/img] Additional changes from my original version: [LIST] [*]Moved Customize and Breed down by Apparel and Lineage. This is similar to the old profile layout, so it's familiar to old users and modular for new users. [*]Added button to the Battle Info section that's a shortcut to the coli [*]Moved Feed to the top, since that's where it is on the lair page, so it's familiar [*]Shortened the bond bar and moved the Bond button next it. Now the bars are bookended by buttons for visual balance [*]Moved the Swap Familiar button up next to the familiar name. [/LIST] [/quote] @hawkfeather I like this best too. One line of buttons is to much for me. Buttons all spread out is the best. I think lineage is best in the middle. Battle is not as important to go under our dragons. [/quote] I do really like this idea... the buttons in a line is a little stressful for me. If they're all in one line I feel like I would miss click often.
BananaCrackers wrote on 2020-06-09 16:05:58:
Hawkfeather wrote on 2020-06-09 15:10:00:
I don't love the version with the buttons all on one line. It may be neater in the sense that they're all in a row, but I personally find it a bit chaotic to just have a big long list of a million options. I like things a little more modular. I also don't love having the exalt button nestled in there with everything else. Took a crack at button adjustment myself, building off my previous version

CKcxot8.png

Additional changes from my original version:
  • Moved Customize and Breed down by Apparel and Lineage. This is similar to the old profile layout, so it's familiar to old users and modular for new users.
  • Added button to the Battle Info section that's a shortcut to the coli
  • Moved Feed to the top, since that's where it is on the lair page, so it's familiar
  • Shortened the bond bar and moved the Bond button next it. Now the bars are bookended by buttons for visual balance
  • Moved the Swap Familiar button up next to the familiar name.

@hawkfeather

I like this best too. One line of buttons is to much for me. Buttons all spread out is the best.

I think lineage is best in the middle. Battle is not as important to go under our dragons.
I do really like this idea... the buttons in a line is a little stressful for me. If they're all in one line I feel like I would miss click often.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
I love this suggested layout!! Anything that gets that ugly apparel box away from the dragon has my support. Right now it's such an eyesore that really clutters up the page.
I love this suggested layout!! Anything that gets that ugly apparel box away from the dragon has my support. Right now it's such an eyesore that really clutters up the page.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32