Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Search options
I think it would be great if you could turn on/off an option so that the dragons you search match the name you put in.
For example, having this option on and searching for dragons named 'sun' will only bring up dragons with exactly the same name (ignoring case sensitivity).
Not having it on (aka the way it works right now) will bring up dragons named things like 'sunny' or 'sunshine' as well as dragons just named 'sun'.
Case sensitivity could maybe be a thing? Not sure why you would want it that bad though.

Another idea I had was searching for dragons of a certain hunger level. I was thinking just limiting it to above/below 80%, but you could add more intervals. It would really just help with finding dragons in potentially active lairs if you're looking for something specific.
I think it would be great if you could turn on/off an option so that the dragons you search match the name you put in.
For example, having this option on and searching for dragons named 'sun' will only bring up dragons with exactly the same name (ignoring case sensitivity).
Not having it on (aka the way it works right now) will bring up dragons named things like 'sunny' or 'sunshine' as well as dragons just named 'sun'.
Case sensitivity could maybe be a thing? Not sure why you would want it that bad though.

Another idea I had was searching for dragons of a certain hunger level. I was thinking just limiting it to above/below 80%, but you could add more intervals. It would really just help with finding dragons in potentially active lairs if you're looking for something specific.
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
Yes, ALL the search boxes on the site (dragon search, username search, and most of all the AH searches) need some kind of "exact name" option.

Being able to find dragons in active lairs only would be great (preferably not by hunger level, since the inactive people can have fed dragons in the Den, and active people can have hungry ones). But people in the past have said they don't want to make dragon search easier to use until there's a way to opt out of it, because they don't want to keep getting messages from people trying to buy their dragons, so that's a potential issue.
Yes, ALL the search boxes on the site (dragon search, username search, and most of all the AH searches) need some kind of "exact name" option.

Being able to find dragons in active lairs only would be great (preferably not by hunger level, since the inactive people can have fed dragons in the Den, and active people can have hungry ones). But people in the past have said they don't want to make dragon search easier to use until there's a way to opt out of it, because they don't want to keep getting messages from people trying to buy their dragons, so that's a potential issue.
the search could use some touch ups like this. its always been, a bit weird, theres examples of search functions using "" quotations to search for exact searches, and that would be nice, Or even just a toggle option "exact search" a little example: instead of showing you all results including the words "dogs" "that" "swim" "500" "Meters" [quote][img]https://i.imgur.com/IAVxE5Y.png[/img][/quote] you can search for the exact phrase "Dogs that swim 500 meters" [quote][img]https://i.imgur.com/UTbXx7h.png[/img][/quote]
the search could use some touch ups like this. its always been, a bit weird,

theres examples of search functions using "" quotations to search for exact searches, and that would be nice,
Or even just a toggle option "exact search"

a little example: instead of showing you all results including the words "dogs" "that" "swim" "500" "Meters"
Quote:
IAVxE5Y.png

you can search for the exact phrase "Dogs that swim 500 meters"
Quote:
UTbXx7h.png
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
[quote name="nika" date="2020-05-31 05:45:26" ] (preferably not by hunger level, since the inactive people can have fed dragons in the Den, and active people can have hungry ones). [/quote] I thought there was an option to search by den/lair? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else :P
nika wrote on 2020-05-31 05:45:26:
(preferably not by hunger level, since the inactive people can have fed dragons in the Den, and active people can have hungry ones).
I thought there was an option to search by den/lair? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else :P
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
Bumping this because I've just run into this problem as well. I was trying to search for other dragons with the name "Nemes" (based on a character from a science fiction novel) and instead was inundated with hundreds of pages of dragons named "Nemesis". It's just not convenient at all and I'm disappointed it hasn't been added yet considering I see topics going back years asking for "exact phrase" searches. :(
Bumping this because I've just run into this problem as well. I was trying to search for other dragons with the name "Nemes" (based on a character from a science fiction novel) and instead was inundated with hundreds of pages of dragons named "Nemesis". It's just not convenient at all and I'm disappointed it hasn't been added yet considering I see topics going back years asking for "exact phrase" searches. :(
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
R1dejfm.png
o6n8ZXM.png
HSWqWgZ.png
loimysO.png
Lhl2bqT.gif
This. I would really appreciate this. Especially for forum searches.

Pretty much anywhere else on the internet if you look up: "this thing" you will get a result that has those two words in that specific order. It not working that way here leads to a lot of frustration and makes the forums harder to navigate (and dragons harder to find). A 'search exact phrase' option for the dragon search (and related mechanics) would be great.

(A no support from me on being able to single out dragons in active lairs until some privacy options are in place for people who wish for fewer 'can I buy your dragon' interactions. Until then I don't support that being a filterable option.)
This. I would really appreciate this. Especially for forum searches.

Pretty much anywhere else on the internet if you look up: "this thing" you will get a result that has those two words in that specific order. It not working that way here leads to a lot of frustration and makes the forums harder to navigate (and dragons harder to find). A 'search exact phrase' option for the dragon search (and related mechanics) would be great.

(A no support from me on being able to single out dragons in active lairs until some privacy options are in place for people who wish for fewer 'can I buy your dragon' interactions. Until then I don't support that being a filterable option.)
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif