Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | 2048 fairgrounds game
i think it would be cool if the fairgrounds got a 2048 game

i think this would be perfect with an ice flight theme

what is 2048?
wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2048_(video_game)

2048 is a sliding block puzzle game (hence why i suggested ice flight theme) where u merge number pairs
it starts at 2 and then doubles each time until u get to 2048

this is an endless game that ends when the board is full and u cant merge anything

how would u get treasure for this?

for each merge the score increases and then after u decide to finish or when u get a game over then the score is used to calculate the treasure payout

additional thoughts:

i have seen variations of 2048 that use evolving pics to make it more interesting

fr can do this with an fr theme but i think it should be optional bc ive found that this mode is way more confusing than the regular numbers mode

ideas for fr themes: (obviously these would be split up to accomodate the different numbers so there may be more than 1 type of cracked egg pic)
egg hatching into dragon
egg -> cracked egg -> hatchling in egg -> hatchling no egg -> adult dragon -> adult dragon with armor
another variation could be tundra -> gaoler -> icewarden
seasons from spring to winter (an ice flight theme, winter is higher numbers spring is lower numbers)
ice theme with snowflake -> snowfall -> blizzard -> ice caps -> eventually to ice flight pics
i think it would be cool if the fairgrounds got a 2048 game

i think this would be perfect with an ice flight theme

what is 2048?
wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2048_(video_game)

2048 is a sliding block puzzle game (hence why i suggested ice flight theme) where u merge number pairs
it starts at 2 and then doubles each time until u get to 2048

this is an endless game that ends when the board is full and u cant merge anything

how would u get treasure for this?

for each merge the score increases and then after u decide to finish or when u get a game over then the score is used to calculate the treasure payout

additional thoughts:

i have seen variations of 2048 that use evolving pics to make it more interesting

fr can do this with an fr theme but i think it should be optional bc ive found that this mode is way more confusing than the regular numbers mode

ideas for fr themes: (obviously these would be split up to accomodate the different numbers so there may be more than 1 type of cracked egg pic)
egg hatching into dragon
egg -> cracked egg -> hatchling in egg -> hatchling no egg -> adult dragon -> adult dragon with armor
another variation could be tundra -> gaoler -> icewarden
seasons from spring to winter (an ice flight theme, winter is higher numbers spring is lower numbers)
ice theme with snowflake -> snowfall -> blizzard -> ice caps -> eventually to ice flight pics
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
As long as we get payout when we end the game, regardless reaching 2048 or not, why not. I think it's a good game to pass the time. I know personally I can play 2048 for hours, but can't for most of other fairground games.

I remember there was an user-made 2048 a long time ago, using FR deities' headshots. That was fun.
As long as we get payout when we end the game, regardless reaching 2048 or not, why not. I think it's a good game to pass the time. I know personally I can play 2048 for hours, but can't for most of other fairground games.

I remember there was an user-made 2048 a long time ago, using FR deities' headshots. That was fun.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="hat17" date="2020-05-28 19:20:56" ] I remember there was an user-made 2048 a long time ago, using FR deities' headshots. That was fun. [/quote] With Marva eyes. Silliness aside, I enjoy 2048. I know the phone apps keep score, so maybe a payout system similar to shock switch would work? That's a game where it does require a level of skill, but you get some treasure in any case so it's a nice precedent.
hat17 wrote on 2020-05-28 19:20:56:

With Marva eyes.

Silliness aside, I enjoy 2048. I know the phone apps keep score, so maybe a payout system similar to shock switch would work? That's a game where it does require a level of skill, but you get some treasure in any case so it's a nice precedent.
mkpoaHZ.png
That sounds fun!
I don't play much in the Fairgrounds myself, but out of all the "Standart" app games, I think I'd enjoy this the most ^^

So, support! :D
That sounds fun!
I don't play much in the Fairgrounds myself, but out of all the "Standart" app games, I think I'd enjoy this the most ^^

So, support! :D
tumblr_inline_ohfczpAEJz1tfmvub_540.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1kxIwX1tfmvub_100.pngtumblr_inline_ohfczqvEMe1tfmvub_540.png
i cannot play 2048 to save my life but it's a ton of fun and i do love the idea of ice theme.

if trying to come up with an icy theme is too hard tho you could just do flight icons. there are 11 tiles in 2048 right? 11 flights? it's fate.
i cannot play 2048 to save my life but it's a ton of fun and i do love the idea of ice theme.

if trying to come up with an icy theme is too hard tho you could just do flight icons. there are 11 tiles in 2048 right? 11 flights? it's fate.
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
Ice Flight actually did a flight-themed 2048 variant as a festival contest a million years ago, can't remember exactly when but probably 2016-17ish. All I remember is that the Icewarden's face was the 2048 lol.
Ice Flight actually did a flight-themed 2048 variant as a festival contest a million years ago, can't remember exactly when but probably 2016-17ish. All I remember is that the Icewarden's face was the 2048 lol.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I'd love this. You could add difficulties by changing the size of the grid.
I'd love this. You could add difficulties by changing the size of the grid.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
support! This would be fun
support! This would be fun
Moon
She/her
Selling dragons here and here