Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make permababies useful
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="BillyPup" date="2020-05-18 14:51:44" ] Make them useful and not just ornaments that take up lair space and food. Make them able to go to the coli(After being more than 5 days old), have baby exclusive skins, accents, and apparel, and be able to set them as your pfp. [/quote] [b]Tentative under the following conditions:[/b] [LIST] [*][b]Coliseum:[/b] Yes, under the condition of >= 5 days and there are no mechanical advantages vs. adult dragons with these. Reason: Eternal Youth Scrolls cost gems and are thus mainly obtainable by real money. [*][b]Skins, Accents, Apparel:[/b] No problem with that unless they add additional stats or similar advantages [*][b]Profile Pictures:[/b] Already possible. [/LIST]
BillyPup wrote on 2020-05-18 14:51:44:
Make them useful and not just ornaments that take up lair space and food.
Make them able to go to the coli(After being more than 5 days old), have baby exclusive skins, accents, and apparel, and be able to set them as your pfp.

Tentative under the following conditions:
  • Coliseum: Yes, under the condition of >= 5 days and there are no mechanical advantages vs. adult dragons with these. Reason: Eternal Youth Scrolls cost gems and are thus mainly obtainable by real money.
  • Skins, Accents, Apparel: No problem with that unless they add additional stats or similar advantages
  • Profile Pictures: Already possible.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
support for skins (uma's only, no festival accents)

either way for coli. i can see why people wouldn't want babies in the coli, but even if they have the appearance of a hatchling, is a 5 year old dragon really still a baby? the tooltip calls them hatchlings because that's what the pose is called, so there'd be no other way to verbally describe what the scroll does. and tbh, if you don't want permahatchlings in the coli, just don't do it yourself. i don't see why other players can't. plenty of users interpret permahatchlings as dwarves, adults with a baby form, etc.

apparel will have to be a no-go. i'd like unfitted apparel like flowerfalls or halos, but that's about it (something that's already drawn and can literally just be copy and pasted)

and personally speaking, i don't see how those things make them any more "useful". giving a dragon apparel or accents. doesn't make them any more useful in my book, they're still there primarily for looks.
support for skins (uma's only, no festival accents)

either way for coli. i can see why people wouldn't want babies in the coli, but even if they have the appearance of a hatchling, is a 5 year old dragon really still a baby? the tooltip calls them hatchlings because that's what the pose is called, so there'd be no other way to verbally describe what the scroll does. and tbh, if you don't want permahatchlings in the coli, just don't do it yourself. i don't see why other players can't. plenty of users interpret permahatchlings as dwarves, adults with a baby form, etc.

apparel will have to be a no-go. i'd like unfitted apparel like flowerfalls or halos, but that's about it (something that's already drawn and can literally just be copy and pasted)

and personally speaking, i don't see how those things make them any more "useful". giving a dragon apparel or accents. doesn't make them any more useful in my book, they're still there primarily for looks.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
Coliseum:
There are disorders in real life that can cause growth-related issues. Dwarfism and things of the such apply to many animals. Does this make a 10 year old cat with dwarfism a kitten? No. Does it look like a kitten? Yes, yes it does. Despite the item's tooltip, I think the real intent was that they stay with the hatchling art forever, not so much they they are hatchlings forever. You can argue the tooltip, but the name of the scroll has another meaning. That argument can go both ways. Support to allow them in the coliseum.

Skins/Accents:
I don't see a reason as to why we shouldn't have these. Ancients are just another version of them; it makes zero difference aside from art. Just give the files for us to edit and bam! Nothing else will really change. The approval process remains the same as the rules do. Support.

Apparel:
Fitted apparel? No. Non-fitted? It's the same image and I see no reason to not have it. Resizing it can work if they made it a high enough resolution and, considering the resolutions they work in by looking at the PSDs provided, I think it wouldn't even be trouble to resize them. That aside, though, my point is even a minor change would take a few seconds, and they don't even need to be changed. Support.

PFP:
Already a thing. :)
Coliseum:
There are disorders in real life that can cause growth-related issues. Dwarfism and things of the such apply to many animals. Does this make a 10 year old cat with dwarfism a kitten? No. Does it look like a kitten? Yes, yes it does. Despite the item's tooltip, I think the real intent was that they stay with the hatchling art forever, not so much they they are hatchlings forever. You can argue the tooltip, but the name of the scroll has another meaning. That argument can go both ways. Support to allow them in the coliseum.

Skins/Accents:
I don't see a reason as to why we shouldn't have these. Ancients are just another version of them; it makes zero difference aside from art. Just give the files for us to edit and bam! Nothing else will really change. The approval process remains the same as the rules do. Support.

Apparel:
Fitted apparel? No. Non-fitted? It's the same image and I see no reason to not have it. Resizing it can work if they made it a high enough resolution and, considering the resolutions they work in by looking at the PSDs provided, I think it wouldn't even be trouble to resize them. That aside, though, my point is even a minor change would take a few seconds, and they don't even need to be changed. Support.

PFP:
Already a thing. :)
Support for everything except apparel (nice, but too much work).

Having a "baby" fight in the coli makes no less sense than forcing a fully grown adult dragon to revert back into the shape of a baby, somehow not killing it or causing it immense, crippling pain as you force it's organs, bones, flesh, and brain back into a baby sized shell, so I don't see the harm in it.

Sorneith is a magical land, it doesn't have to go by our rules.
Support for everything except apparel (nice, but too much work).

Having a "baby" fight in the coli makes no less sense than forcing a fully grown adult dragon to revert back into the shape of a baby, somehow not killing it or causing it immense, crippling pain as you force it's organs, bones, flesh, and brain back into a baby sized shell, so I don't see the harm in it.

Sorneith is a magical land, it doesn't have to go by our rules.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
No Support for Coli.

HUGE support for Apparel; I've wanted apparel for PermaBabies for forever; but not like..baby apparel, I don't want bonnets or god-forbid diapers, I'd like the PermaBabs to have the same apparel as the adults, but have versions that are baby-sized AND adult-sized, so you could have a baby with a scarf that fits them or a baby with a scarf that's too big and they're bundled up in the whole thing.

Big Support for Skins/Accents too, since that wouldn't be too big of an issue to add since they'd be mostly usermade anyway.
No Support for Coli.

HUGE support for Apparel; I've wanted apparel for PermaBabies for forever; but not like..baby apparel, I don't want bonnets or god-forbid diapers, I'd like the PermaBabs to have the same apparel as the adults, but have versions that are baby-sized AND adult-sized, so you could have a baby with a scarf that fits them or a baby with a scarf that's too big and they're bundled up in the whole thing.

Big Support for Skins/Accents too, since that wouldn't be too big of an issue to add since they'd be mostly usermade anyway.
unsure for coli, personally. while they’re considered eternally ‘youthful’, meaning they could be preteens or even higher, many people consider them babies and it’d be upsetting for a bunch of people, but like I said before, they’re eternally ‘youthful’, not eternally ‘babies’

Support for skins/accents; I don’t see how this would be a problem and I know a lot of people would enjoy this, myself included

As for apparel, that’d be to much work to ask from the staff, imo. hatchling/perma-baby exclusive apparel would be really cool though, and possibly allowing apparel like flowerfalls, autumn breeze, summer swelter, etc that aren’t really affected as much by dragon line art would be amazing
(there’s also this thread; maybe the staff could talk to the user who runs it and make some of the already edited to fit apparel official, like the flower crowns since they’re popular)

you can already set hatchlings/perma-babies as your pfp
unsure for coli, personally. while they’re considered eternally ‘youthful’, meaning they could be preteens or even higher, many people consider them babies and it’d be upsetting for a bunch of people, but like I said before, they’re eternally ‘youthful’, not eternally ‘babies’

Support for skins/accents; I don’t see how this would be a problem and I know a lot of people would enjoy this, myself included

As for apparel, that’d be to much work to ask from the staff, imo. hatchling/perma-baby exclusive apparel would be really cool though, and possibly allowing apparel like flowerfalls, autumn breeze, summer swelter, etc that aren’t really affected as much by dragon line art would be amazing
(there’s also this thread; maybe the staff could talk to the user who runs it and make some of the already edited to fit apparel official, like the flower crowns since they’re popular)

you can already set hatchlings/perma-babies as your pfp
T4eNFgZ.gifo287-d01-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d02-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d03-Kittyand-Cat.pngo287-d04-Kittyand-Cat.pngMnrYAOm.pnglJX7Tr5.png
[quote name="KittyandCat" date="2020-05-24 14:12:50" ] unsure for coli, personally. while they’re considered eternally ‘youthful’, meaning they could be preteens or even higher, many people consider them babies and it’d be upsetting for a bunch of people, but like I said before, they’re eternally ‘youthful’, not eternally ‘babies’ [/quote] For me, while I can understand that it could be upsetting for some people who do see them as 'babies', the solution is simply for those players to not use them in the coliseum. Their belief that EY dragons are 'babies' is fine, but shouldn't dictate what other players can do with them. There are a great many things allowed on petsites that I have problems with in real life. Khimeros allows you to breed (not sure how closely inbred you can get) and then immediately release the pets 'to the wild', and I mean that literally. Khimeros also encourages the interbreeding of different 'species' by having hybrids. Sylestia allows inbreeding. You simply can't breed siblings and parent/child. Sylestia also encourages 'puppy mills' for the simple reason the RNG system for babies means that you will often need dozens or hundreds of tries to get one good offspring to continue your project. These are mechanics that make the game fun for some players, and for players that dislike them, there is no need for them to use them. You CAN do a project without inbreeding on Sylestia, it will just take a LOT of pets and a LOT of resources to complete. You also don't have to mass breed your pets. The same idea applies here. Players who don't like Eternal Youth dragons in the coliseum don't have to use them in the coliseum. But, just because they don't like EY dragons in the coliseum, doesn't mean that others shouldn't have that option if they wish. (and naturally the admins wish it as well)
KittyandCat wrote on 2020-05-24 14:12:50:

For me, while I can understand that it could be upsetting for some people who do see them as 'babies', the solution is simply for those players to not use them in the coliseum. Their belief that EY dragons are 'babies' is fine, but shouldn't dictate what other players can do with them.

There are a great many things allowed on petsites that I have problems with in real life.

Khimeros allows you to breed (not sure how closely inbred you can get) and then immediately release the pets 'to the wild', and I mean that literally.

Khimeros also encourages the interbreeding of different 'species' by having hybrids.

Sylestia allows inbreeding. You simply can't breed siblings and parent/child.

Sylestia also encourages 'puppy mills' for the simple reason the RNG system for babies means that you will often need dozens or hundreds of tries to get one good offspring to continue your project.

These are mechanics that make the game fun for some players, and for players that dislike them, there is no need for them to use them. You CAN do a project without inbreeding on Sylestia, it will just take a LOT of pets and a LOT of resources to complete. You also don't have to mass breed your pets.

The same idea applies here. Players who don't like Eternal Youth dragons in the coliseum don't have to use them in the coliseum. But, just because they don't like EY dragons in the coliseum, doesn't mean that others shouldn't have that option if they wish. (and naturally the admins wish it as well)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Huge support for skins/accents, we have ancients I would assume you could use a similar system for youths. I would imagine they’d only work for *youths* though, not regular week old hatchlings. Otherwise it could break when they age up. Funnily enough I was JUST thinking about this. Lol

Coli.... sure I support. There’s no reason functionally why not other than updating coli to include youths might be complicated due to the age of the system itself. I honestly don’t care either way, I just don’t see why not. Most people shove them in there as soon as they age up anyway. Might increase the fodder floor too?

No support on the apparel. For the same reasons that ancients exist. Too much work.
Huge support for skins/accents, we have ancients I would assume you could use a similar system for youths. I would imagine they’d only work for *youths* though, not regular week old hatchlings. Otherwise it could break when they age up. Funnily enough I was JUST thinking about this. Lol

Coli.... sure I support. There’s no reason functionally why not other than updating coli to include youths might be complicated due to the age of the system itself. I honestly don’t care either way, I just don’t see why not. Most people shove them in there as soon as they age up anyway. Might increase the fodder floor too?

No support on the apparel. For the same reasons that ancients exist. Too much work.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
No support for most of this honestly. You can already set Permababies as profile pictures. Permababies are supposed to be babies, it doesnt make sense to be able to use them in the Coliseum.

Permababy specific apperal sounds like it would be quite a bit of work for ultimately not that many dragons. Reworking all the existing apperal to fit permababies just doesnt sound worth it.

Permababy specific skins however....might be interesting. K dont think this would make sense for site made or festival skins, but allowing the option for users to make permababy skins could be a nice way to allow a little customization
No support for most of this honestly. You can already set Permababies as profile pictures. Permababies are supposed to be babies, it doesnt make sense to be able to use them in the Coliseum.

Permababy specific apperal sounds like it would be quite a bit of work for ultimately not that many dragons. Reworking all the existing apperal to fit permababies just doesnt sound worth it.

Permababy specific skins however....might be interesting. K dont think this would make sense for site made or festival skins, but allowing the option for users to make permababy skins could be a nice way to allow a little customization
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
SO much support for skins/accents, but only usermade, no fest stuff. I'd appreciate Coli access, but it's a bit less important since you can level before you turn them and they'll retain their stats.

So the only thing I'm against is apparel, because it'd be more work for the site. The rest would be awesome.
SO much support for skins/accents, but only usermade, no fest stuff. I'd appreciate Coli access, but it's a bit less important since you can level before you turn them and they'll retain their stats.

So the only thing I'm against is apparel, because it'd be more work for the site. The rest would be awesome.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
1 2 3 4 5