Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make permababies useful
1 2 3 4 5
Make them useful and not just ornaments that take up lair space and food.
Make them able to go to the coli(After being more than 5 days old), have baby exclusive skins, accents, and apparel, and be able to set them as your pfp.
Make them useful and not just ornaments that take up lair space and food.
Make them able to go to the coli(After being more than 5 days old), have baby exclusive skins, accents, and apparel, and be able to set them as your pfp.
No support for coli. They’re babies.
Support for skins and accents
No support for apparel- as nice as it would be, it would be a TON of work
You can already set them as your pfp
No support for coli. They’re babies.
Support for skins and accents
No support for apparel- as nice as it would be, it would be a TON of work
You can already set them as your pfp
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
you can already set them as your pfp.
you can already set them as your pfp.

Tailmon.gifOABX4Ak.gif Jg8HnSS.pngguil.gif
-looks at my pfp- :U

Apparel is a bit too much work I think, But I'll always support skins/accents for permababs.

I don't know about the coli, I don't know if children should be fighting in the coli xD

I would like them to have a use eventually though, that would be nice! I want to say an exclusive game of some sort, but since they're made with a gem item that feels unfair to folks who can't afford them
-looks at my pfp- :U

Apparel is a bit too much work I think, But I'll always support skins/accents for permababs.

I don't know about the coli, I don't know if children should be fighting in the coli xD

I would like them to have a use eventually though, that would be nice! I want to say an exclusive game of some sort, but since they're made with a gem item that feels unfair to folks who can't afford them
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Support for the coli - They aren't babies in everyone's lore, and it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth. Youth can mean anything from infancy to pretty much a year younger than your current age. For those who don't like them being in the coliseum, just don't use them in the coliseum.

Support for skins and accents.

Support for a new class of apparel, that ancients, permababies and regular dragons can all wear. This would be apparel that only needs one image to be uploaded, such as the flowerfalls and things on that order. Anything form fitted or that requires repositioning to work, no.
Support for the coli - They aren't babies in everyone's lore, and it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth. Youth can mean anything from infancy to pretty much a year younger than your current age. For those who don't like them being in the coliseum, just don't use them in the coliseum.

Support for skins and accents.

Support for a new class of apparel, that ancients, permababies and regular dragons can all wear. This would be apparel that only needs one image to be uploaded, such as the flowerfalls and things on that order. Anything form fitted or that requires repositioning to work, no.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@jemadar I was thinking just baby exclusive apparel like baby bonnets and rompers and stuff, and it would be half as much art needed as normal apparel.
@jemadar I was thinking just baby exclusive apparel like baby bonnets and rompers and stuff, and it would be half as much art needed as normal apparel.
@Billypup

No support for that type of stuff, because as said, they aren't babies in everyone's lore, they also aren't human babies, but most of all, even if it were exclusive apparel, that still slows down development of new breeds, because suddenly you have to have all that apparel fitted to the new babies.

Apparel that doesn't need to be redrawn can be revamped into a system where the staff doesn't have to actually do anything except add the new dragon's images to the mechanic in order for them to work ,because there are no separate images needed to be uploaded, nor drawn.

Thus, every dragon could have things like this, including adults, ancients and babies, because the image would be the exact same for all of them. (it might actually help with some of the new breeds, because it would mean that they didn't have to reupload images for the new breeds of apparel that only has one image. Right now I am pretty sure they do. Each flowerfall has separate images for each pose it can be used on, despite the flowerfall technically looking the same on all dragons supposedly)
@Billypup

No support for that type of stuff, because as said, they aren't babies in everyone's lore, they also aren't human babies, but most of all, even if it were exclusive apparel, that still slows down development of new breeds, because suddenly you have to have all that apparel fitted to the new babies.

Apparel that doesn't need to be redrawn can be revamped into a system where the staff doesn't have to actually do anything except add the new dragon's images to the mechanic in order for them to work ,because there are no separate images needed to be uploaded, nor drawn.

Thus, every dragon could have things like this, including adults, ancients and babies, because the image would be the exact same for all of them. (it might actually help with some of the new breeds, because it would mean that they didn't have to reupload images for the new breeds of apparel that only has one image. Right now I am pretty sure they do. Each flowerfall has separate images for each pose it can be used on, despite the flowerfall technically looking the same on all dragons supposedly)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote] it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth.[/quote] It’s literally in the tooltip that they become [b]hatchlings[/b] forever- you don’t call a month old animal a hatchling, you only refer to them with that term for a short while after they’re first hatched. Users can have whatever lore they want for their permababies, but the tooltip speaks for itself. (And to the site, they’re babies.)
Quote:
it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth.
It’s literally in the tooltip that they become hatchlings forever- you don’t call a month old animal a hatchling, you only refer to them with that term for a short while after they’re first hatched.
Users can have whatever lore they want for their permababies, but the tooltip speaks for itself. (And to the site, they’re babies.)
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Support for non-fitting apparels. This can, as Jemadar said, used across all breeds and ages, including ancients and perma-babies.

Sitting on the fence for coli. Personally I wouldn't mind it, but dev might have their reasons to not including them in coli.

Exclusive skin/accent, support. It's user-made anyway so it'll only slow down the approval process, which is already long queue anyway. lol. Although I would like the staff to refrain from accepting too many perma-baby skin/accent for festivals, or maybe restricted festival skins to be adult-only. Majority of the dragons that we keep are adults anyway, so clustering the festival submission with hatchling skins might not be the best thing.
Support for non-fitting apparels. This can, as Jemadar said, used across all breeds and ages, including ancients and perma-babies.

Sitting on the fence for coli. Personally I wouldn't mind it, but dev might have their reasons to not including them in coli.

Exclusive skin/accent, support. It's user-made anyway so it'll only slow down the approval process, which is already long queue anyway. lol. Although I would like the staff to refrain from accepting too many perma-baby skin/accent for festivals, or maybe restricted festival skins to be adult-only. Majority of the dragons that we keep are adults anyway, so clustering the festival submission with hatchling skins might not be the best thing.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2020-05-18 15:29:24" ] [quote] it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth.[/quote] It’s literally in the tooltip that they become [b]hatchlings[/b] forever- you don’t call a month old animal a hatchling, you only refer to them with that term for a short while after they’re first hatched. Users can have whatever lore they want for their permababies, but the tooltip speaks for itself. (And to the site, they’re babies.) [/quote] Except these are dragons who are called hatchlings literally 2 seconds before they turn adult. You also can't turn a real animal into a hatchling, so trying to compare the site's use of the term hatchling to real life animals doesn't work. Technically, by your definition, no permababy is actually a hatchling, because they are all older (or most) than 5 days old, the length of time a regular dragon uses the hatchling image. (I would also like to point out that I call my 3 year old cats 'kittens' even though they aren't kittens, and I have heard others do the same thing for their animals: refer to them as their 'baby' term, despite the fact they are well over the age limit for that term) It also doesn't negate the idea that if you don't want them to fight, you literally do not have to use them in the coliseum, but that shouldn't be a reason to not allow others to use them in the coliseum.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2020-05-18 15:29:24:
Quote:
it isn't scroll of permanent baby, it is a scroll of eternal youth.
It’s literally in the tooltip that they become hatchlings forever- you don’t call a month old animal a hatchling, you only refer to them with that term for a short while after they’re first hatched.
Users can have whatever lore they want for their permababies, but the tooltip speaks for itself. (And to the site, they’re babies.)
Except these are dragons who are called hatchlings literally 2 seconds before they turn adult. You also can't turn a real animal into a hatchling, so trying to compare the site's use of the term hatchling to real life animals doesn't work. Technically, by your definition, no permababy is actually a hatchling, because they are all older (or most) than 5 days old, the length of time a regular dragon uses the hatchling image. (I would also like to point out that I call my 3 year old cats 'kittens' even though they aren't kittens, and I have heard others do the same thing for their animals: refer to them as their 'baby' term, despite the fact they are well over the age limit for that term)

It also doesn't negate the idea that if you don't want them to fight, you literally do not have to use them in the coliseum, but that shouldn't be a reason to not allow others to use them in the coliseum.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5