Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back two-letter names.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[quote name="Rowdy" date="2020-11-21 21:52:08" ] [quote name="BananaMeteor" date="2020-11-21 18:26:18" ] When I see no support comments, it's usually from users who already own a 2-letter dragon. Sure enough... Wouldn't you argue it's more fair that all players have a chance to own these? The removal of 2-letter names was never exactly announced, so even dedicated players often missed their chance to own something they did not know would be rare. I don't think it should be an exclusive club. [/quote] No one has missed their chance at anything, idk why you're using past tense. 2-letter dragons go up for sale all the time. I didn't have a 2-letter dragon before it got fixed, but I wanted one so I went out and waited months until one came along that I liked and I bought one. [/quote] I spent 15kg back in october for three 2 letter dragons, which is quite a significant amount, but the thing is when you buy something there is no guarantee on resale value. People spend large sums on houses just for the market to crash. Investors put millions into games and movies just for it to flop. Look at every 90s kid who had a beanie baby collection because those were supposed to have value. But the people who bought the house still have a house, the investors still got a movie/game, and the collectors still have that plushie they paid for. Nobody is taking away the thing they bought just because they didnt get out of it their personal reason for buying it. That wasnt the intended use of the item. You paid for something rare and you got it. The point of the game isnt to hoard things to sell later, so FR staff are in no way beholdent to keeping rare things rare... and as someone with a ton of old, retired stuff and old dragons, that is perfectly fine with me. I personally hate the argument that we cant have something because someone somewhere paid a lot of money for it. 2 letter names are dumb to restrict. I only paid for the ones I paid for because I wanted them as names. If 2 letter names are allowed again, that would be great tbh. I wouldnt have to pay another arm and a leg to get more or to scatter one of them until she's the colors I want. Who cares that once upon a time I paid big bucks for the ones I already had.
Rowdy wrote on 2020-11-21 21:52:08:
BananaMeteor wrote on 2020-11-21 18:26:18:
When I see no support comments, it's usually from users who already own a 2-letter dragon. Sure enough...

Wouldn't you argue it's more fair that all players have a chance to own these? The removal of 2-letter names was never exactly announced, so even dedicated players often missed their chance to own something they did not know would be rare. I don't think it should be an exclusive club.

No one has missed their chance at anything, idk why you're using past tense. 2-letter dragons go up for sale all the time. I didn't have a 2-letter dragon before it got fixed, but I wanted one so I went out and waited months until one came along that I liked and I bought one.

I spent 15kg back in october for three 2 letter dragons, which is quite a significant amount, but the thing is when you buy something there is no guarantee on resale value. People spend large sums on houses just for the market to crash. Investors put millions into games and movies just for it to flop. Look at every 90s kid who had a beanie baby collection because those were supposed to have value. But the people who bought the house still have a house, the investors still got a movie/game, and the collectors still have that plushie they paid for. Nobody is taking away the thing they bought just because they didnt get out of it their personal reason for buying it. That wasnt the intended use of the item.

You paid for something rare and you got it. The point of the game isnt to hoard things to sell later, so FR staff are in no way beholdent to keeping rare things rare... and as someone with a ton of old, retired stuff and old dragons, that is perfectly fine with me. I personally hate the argument that we cant have something because someone somewhere paid a lot of money for it. 2 letter names are dumb to restrict. I only paid for the ones I paid for because I wanted them as names. If 2 letter names are allowed again, that would be great tbh. I wouldnt have to pay another arm and a leg to get more or to scatter one of them until she's the colors I want. Who cares that once upon a time I paid big bucks for the ones I already had.
@Haven

Well said. As someone who also owns a 2-letter, one of a particularly rare name, I also "stand to lose something" by reverting the change. I don't care.

I'm not sitting here proposing were should bring back old fest apparel and imp scrolls, those things were explicitly implemented as limited time products. Names were not, and now users have to scour a broken search function with pockets full of money to have a hope of stumbling across a user who might be interesting in parting with a name that they want. Even users who own 2-letters hate it.
@Haven

Well said. As someone who also owns a 2-letter, one of a particularly rare name, I also "stand to lose something" by reverting the change. I don't care.

I'm not sitting here proposing were should bring back old fest apparel and imp scrolls, those things were explicitly implemented as limited time products. Names were not, and now users have to scour a broken search function with pockets full of money to have a hope of stumbling across a user who might be interesting in parting with a name that they want. Even users who own 2-letters hate it.
Gonna ask for this again. Just tried to name a dragon "Al" as in a nickname for Aladdin or Allen. I don't even think there's a way to make it three letters. Adding an extra L is All. And adding an extra A is Aal. None of those are "Al."

Also voicing support for single letter names. I'd love to make a fan dragon for "N" from Pokemon. Now, I could go by his full name. But that's "Natural" which has it's own meaning, and won't immediately capture the fact the dragon is a fan dragon. In the franchise, the character is known as N. And I'd like to call a dragon that.
Gonna ask for this again. Just tried to name a dragon "Al" as in a nickname for Aladdin or Allen. I don't even think there's a way to make it three letters. Adding an extra L is All. And adding an extra A is Aal. None of those are "Al."

Also voicing support for single letter names. I'd love to make a fan dragon for "N" from Pokemon. Now, I could go by his full name. But that's "Natural" which has it's own meaning, and won't immediately capture the fact the dragon is a fan dragon. In the franchise, the character is known as N. And I'd like to call a dragon that.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I have a two letter name dragon and I value him for currently being rare, but I really want two letter names to be allowed even if it makes my own less special.
I’d rather be able to give many of my dragons two letter names than be stuck with just the one or spending a ton of gems to buy a different one if I got lucky and found one with a name I even liked. Single letter names would also be cool if possible, I’d love flexibility with things like that.
I have a two letter name dragon and I value him for currently being rare, but I really want two letter names to be allowed even if it makes my own less special.
I’d rather be able to give many of my dragons two letter names than be stuck with just the one or spending a ton of gems to buy a different one if I got lucky and found one with a name I even liked. Single letter names would also be cool if possible, I’d love flexibility with things like that.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Support

Unless there's a non-arbitrary reason to not allow 2 letter names, more customization options are better than less in a game about customization
Support

Unless there's a non-arbitrary reason to not allow 2 letter names, more customization options are better than less in a game about customization
Support. Two letter named didn't do any damage to the game as a whole. They just exist. Also, when you look up dragons in general they would be counted anyways. If you want more than a 2 letter named dragon (like say 3 letters) from a search then add a third letter.
Support. Two letter named didn't do any damage to the game as a whole. They just exist. Also, when you look up dragons in general they would be counted anyways. If you want more than a 2 letter named dragon (like say 3 letters) from a search then add a third letter.
I've heard that a reason not to do this has to do with searching, but consider this workaround: If you type fewer than three characters into a search, it only searches for the exact name instead of substrings. Done.
I've heard that a reason not to do this has to do with searching, but consider this workaround: If you type fewer than three characters into a search, it only searches for the exact name instead of substrings. Done.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
I have another reason why I'd like to see this happen.

I wanted to make a dragon to celebrate the Marvelous Land of Oz--all 14 books by L Frank Baum. So the best name for such a dragon would be "Oz." Which is two letters. Which means I'm stuck. Sadface.
I have another reason why I'd like to see this happen.

I wanted to make a dragon to celebrate the Marvelous Land of Oz--all 14 books by L Frank Baum. So the best name for such a dragon would be "Oz." Which is two letters. Which means I'm stuck. Sadface.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I just want to be able to give my dragons names like Ra, Jo, Ur, or Fi
I just want to be able to give my dragons names like Ra, Jo, Ur, or Fi
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
I fully support the idea of making two letter names an official feature, I think it's a good idea since there are a lot of real names spelt with just two letters so it's weird you can't name your dragons that. Unless it would break the naming system in some catastrophic way, I can't see any problem with it. I know some people spend a lot of gems and treasure on two letter named dragons and might be upset if they made it something anyone could have, but I think unfortunately that's just one of the pitfalls on buying dragons affected by a glitch. There's always a chance the glitch is fixed or the site gets updated in a way that renders them valueless, and you just have to be prepared to roll with it if that happens.
I fully support the idea of making two letter names an official feature, I think it's a good idea since there are a lot of real names spelt with just two letters so it's weird you can't name your dragons that. Unless it would break the naming system in some catastrophic way, I can't see any problem with it. I know some people spend a lot of gems and treasure on two letter named dragons and might be upset if they made it something anyone could have, but I think unfortunately that's just one of the pitfalls on buying dragons affected by a glitch. There's always a chance the glitch is fixed or the site gets updated in a way that renders them valueless, and you just have to be prepared to roll with it if that happens.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15