Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Custom Coli keyboard control
1 2 3
Yes, this would be amazing!
Yes, this would be amazing!
[url=]1652fdc72ef71234a94d34e429764b40b6617d5e.gif[/url[/url][url=]9b8fcd0424cd75bc1bc1ce191ffc06e40e8aae3f.gif[/url[/url][url=]16935163e51ed6b94be9adce86310a2065d99c43.gif[/url]
I support this especially due to the problem of an enemy sharing the same key as an attack, I would either like to not use the top row at all or be able to change the basic attack to the g key so that you don't use meditate on accident when trying to attack an enemy.

Also keybind fight on and I would love to not have to press the q key as that is the least comfertable to press, I would much rather use t to attack enemies as it's less wrist strain.

(It's due to the fact that Q forces you to move your whole hand while t is only moving a finger.)

Also while I understand concerns that having everything use the same keys could make people able to grind faster, it would also lead to more mistakes which would balance it out.

Even the bottom row is less strain.
I support this especially due to the problem of an enemy sharing the same key as an attack, I would either like to not use the top row at all or be able to change the basic attack to the g key so that you don't use meditate on accident when trying to attack an enemy.

Also keybind fight on and I would love to not have to press the q key as that is the least comfertable to press, I would much rather use t to attack enemies as it's less wrist strain.

(It's due to the fact that Q forces you to move your whole hand while t is only moving a finger.)

Also while I understand concerns that having everything use the same keys could make people able to grind faster, it would also lead to more mistakes which would balance it out.

Even the bottom row is less strain.
When you consider that QWERTY is the default keyboard in the US and other places, but other countries use QWERTZ, AZERTY, KZERTY and others, it just makes more sense to have custom keybinds.

And this isn't even considering alternative layouts like Dvorak and Colemak.
When you consider that QWERTY is the default keyboard in the US and other places, but other countries use QWERTZ, AZERTY, KZERTY and others, it just makes more sense to have custom keybinds.

WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
definitely support. my hand suffers and cries in its awkward coli position
definitely support. my hand suffers and cries in its awkward coli position
+16 fr time
maxed cauldron!
BE GAY DO CRIME ;;D
As a dvorak typist, I strongly support this suggestion.
As a dvorak typist, I strongly support this suggestion.
xFe9FrH.png
[quote name="StannyWolfie" date="2020-02-25 17:20:45" ] Assigning my own keys would be nice! (maybe we can even extend that to allow controller support ... Which is what I thought the controls button was for originally lol) [/quote] This would be absolutely amazing! And much better for hands too.
StannyWolfie wrote on 2020-02-25 17:20:45:
Assigning my own keys would be nice! (maybe we can even extend that to allow controller support ... Which is what I thought the controls button was for originally lol)

This would be absolutely amazing! And much better for hands too.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
[quote name="Ossium" date="2020-02-20 12:05:50" ] Support. Seriously, not everyone has the WASD instinct! [/quote] Full support. Even with the WASD instinct, coli's chosen keys are very... not optimal for that instinct (Generally wasd is only used for movement/travel in games... Placing it on actions is just so bizarre... Why they change every time ui changes???) I'd love it if we could set our keyboard controls to navigation types- basically allow us to use wasd(or whatever you set it to) to just navigate ui and then use e or f to confirm/click buttons. Similar to mouse controls, but not using a mouse. But I know that system isnt as snappy quick for people not used to it so it'd def need to be an alt option one can set up.
Ossium wrote on 2020-02-20 12:05:50:
Support. Seriously, not everyone has the WASD instinct!

Full support. Even with the WASD instinct, coli's chosen keys are very... not optimal for that instinct
(Generally wasd is only used for movement/travel in games... Placing it on actions is just so bizarre... Why they change every time ui changes???)

I'd love it if we could set our keyboard controls to navigation types- basically allow us to use wasd(or whatever you set it to) to just navigate ui and then use e or f to confirm/click buttons. Similar to mouse controls, but not using a mouse. But I know that system isnt as snappy quick for people not used to it so it'd def need to be an alt option one can set up.

c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
[quote name="mithrel" date="2020-04-07 06:18:29" ] When you consider that QWERTY is the default keyboard in the US and other places, but other countries use QWERTZ, AZERTY, KZERTY and others, it just makes more sense to have custom keybinds. And this isn't even considering alternative layouts like Dvorak and Colemak. [/quote] Absolutely! The FR devs are mostly based in the US, but there are keyboards of all kinds out there. Something like this would be great for accessibility. Not only for keyboard layouts, but for people with things like injured wrists, tremors, visual problems, et cetera. (plus the fight on and main menu buttons not having keybinds seems really out of place? everything else does)
mithrel wrote on 2020-04-07 06:18:29:

Absolutely! The FR devs are mostly based in the US, but there are keyboards of all kinds out there. Something like this would be great for accessibility. Not only for keyboard layouts, but for people with things like injured wrists, tremors, visual problems, et cetera.

(plus the fight on and main menu buttons not having keybinds seems really out of place? everything else does)
unknown.png FRT + 3
My worst regret: a leveling service
Mafia Hatchery
One Sentence Lore
BIG SUPPORT
BIG SUPPORT
| Art Shop | Quests | Fire Primal |Restricted Spending Challenge|
| FR+2 | Bone Collector |Gen 1 Lair |
Support!
Support!
Wishlist | She/her | +19hrs
1 2 3