Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30
[quote name="BoundlessSkies" date="2020-04-09 13:24:47" ] This is a great idea, with minimal kinks that require only small work-arounds, in my opinion! Buying dragons via auction house could be difficult if you want specifics, but most people buy on image aesthetics only, so... [/quote] That is why there could either be a way to only breed specific variants (ie a lock) or you have to unlock the variants on a dragon to potentially have them pass down. Thus, if you wanted specifics, you could still search for 'Tiger' but you would simply have to search for 'Tiger: Original' vs 'Tiger: Iridescent' or whatever. (if each gene were to potentially get variants, they could handle the searching the way most sites do where they have 'nested options'. You would select the primary gene, then a 'sub section' of genes would unlock and you could select the variant of that gene you wanted.
BoundlessSkies wrote on 2020-04-09 13:24:47:
This is a great idea, with minimal kinks that require only small work-arounds, in my opinion! Buying dragons via auction house could be difficult if you want specifics, but most people buy on image aesthetics only, so...
That is why there could either be a way to only breed specific variants (ie a lock) or you have to unlock the variants on a dragon to potentially have them pass down.

Thus, if you wanted specifics, you could still search for 'Tiger' but you would simply have to search for 'Tiger: Original' vs 'Tiger: Iridescent' or whatever. (if each gene were to potentially get variants, they could handle the searching the way most sites do where they have 'nested options'. You would select the primary gene, then a 'sub section' of genes would unlock and you could select the variant of that gene you wanted.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Our Keel [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=53&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=dbf3d87b63d5c1fac9d92e0a18e7dd2599fd58f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2844016/39#post_42847417 Viperfishy's Keel [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/688477574267273315/697865809271193680/guardiankeel.png[/img] 'nuff said. Gurrero's Keel [img]https://i.imgur.com/hwMogwr.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/VNPTy4M.png[/img] houseteeth's Keel [img]https://i.imgur.com/QcZOcyH.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MLz3LSj.png[/img] Please, variant genes, for this one especially.
Our Keel

dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=28&tertgene=53&winggene=0&wings=6&auth=dbf3d87b63d5c1fac9d92e0a18e7dd2599fd58f7&dummyext=prev.png

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2844016/39#post_42847417

Viperfishy's Keel

guardiankeel.png

'nuff said.

Gurrero's Keel

hwMogwr.png
VNPTy4M.png

houseteeth's Keel
QcZOcyH.png
MLz3LSj.png

Please, variant genes, for this one especially.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Guerros' Keel might have actually worked for my Progen. Site Keel makes her look like she has measles... *sigh*
Guerros' Keel might have actually worked for my Progen. Site Keel makes her look like she has measles... *sigh*

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Amut
Thank you for showing those users versions of Keel, both are incredible and I would use them both for my black and green Rividian kids. The regular version of Keel doesn't quite achieve the right look for me to use at the moment. I'll let those users know their versions have been posted here :)
@Amut
Thank you for showing those users versions of Keel, both are incredible and I would use them both for my black and green Rividian kids. The regular version of Keel doesn't quite achieve the right look for me to use at the moment. I'll let those users know their versions have been posted here :)
This is brilliant, all support from me!
Not only can it fix some flawed details, it'll revive the economy of really old or unpopular genes! Some edits seem simple enough to release quickly.
This is brilliant, all support from me!
Not only can it fix some flawed details, it'll revive the economy of really old or unpopular genes! Some edits seem simple enough to release quickly.
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
Where do I vote for Viperfishy's Keel?

I like the current gene on spirals and nocs but not much else, female pearlcatchers perhaps
Where do I vote for Viperfishy's Keel?

I like the current gene on spirals and nocs but not much else, female pearlcatchers perhaps
qDkA25S.png
Infinite support for this, this would be such an interesting and helpful update that satisfies everyone! It would open up so many more possibilities for the art team and users to work with.
Infinite support for this, this would be such an interesting and helpful update that satisfies everyone! It would open up so many more possibilities for the art team and users to work with.
cGUaeYn.png sh5xjiu.png oaolHwW.png
HdmxfuE.png IAQX9qT.png
mtHAEL4.png jv7C6g3.png
AaYNmEX.png mlHpBMC.png
bYt72YT.png
fire.gif cGUaeYn.png
One thing I like about this is that these variants, once the initial coding was done, *should* be relatively simple and quick to create, thus allowing 'updates' while still giving the site artists time to work on other stuff (like maybe fixing some of the art errors *hinthint*).

Not all players would be happy about getting variants on old genes, but I think many players would be, especially since there is the potential that two or three variants could be released in one update, depending on how efficient their program is for gene coloration.
One thing I like about this is that these variants, once the initial coding was done, *should* be relatively simple and quick to create, thus allowing 'updates' while still giving the site artists time to work on other stuff (like maybe fixing some of the art errors *hinthint*).

Not all players would be happy about getting variants on old genes, but I think many players would be, especially since there is the potential that two or three variants could be released in one update, depending on how efficient their program is for gene coloration.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I love the idea of gene variants, more options for us and more gems in the devs pockets!

I think a variant of Gembond with a little shine on the stones or maybe a little tranlucent-ess would make them look more like gems instead of just rocks!

I'd also love to see Skink fixed, sometimes especially the lighter colors the wing arm is just one very noticeably flat color where a little shading would be much appreciated imo >.>
I love the idea of gene variants, more options for us and more gems in the devs pockets!

I think a variant of Gembond with a little shine on the stones or maybe a little tranlucent-ess would make them look more like gems instead of just rocks!

I'd also love to see Skink fixed, sometimes especially the lighter colors the wing arm is just one very noticeably flat color where a little shading would be much appreciated imo >.>
60218142.png
Id really like this, and it seems like it would be fairly easy to produce cheaper varied versions.

itd be cool to see one for capsule, an empty or cracked version and a full version where you dont have the fill line.
Id really like this, and it seems like it would be fairly easy to produce cheaper varied versions.

itd be cool to see one for capsule, an empty or cracked version and a full version where you dont have the fill line.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30