Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-03-15 19:23:52" ] @Jemadar I'm glad you liked the examples! Making them up I realized I actually like both split versions of Runes better than the whole gene. I can see each working for different cases where full Runes is just too much. I did have a filigree version without the face mask based on one of my dragons -since that's the bit I dislike on most breeds. This is a second, the first was star/con and I thought the busyness of the other genes might make it less helpful as an example. [img]https://i.imgur.com/76eAHzB.png[/img] I'd love to have this as an option too. Especially with permababies, I really dislike the face mask on filigree. And jyst for fun here's the first tiger variant I did, this one is Dust (I think?) Fade with the same color Tiger stripes, which gives much more subtle patterns. [img]https://i.imgur.com/BsdgfvP.png[/img] [/quote] I love them both, though, since I am not that much of a fan of fade (it uses too many off the wall, at least in my opinion, color choices), I would prefer a more 'natural' variant than fade patterning used. Though, since we are talking about variants, why not have both. A more natural gradient, with 'same' colored stripes, natural gradient with bold stripes, fade variants for both options :D and yeah, I LOVE the filigree, potentially even if it had a little bit on the top of the head (sort of like a forehead gem/swirl, but just a little one) to make the head not look as bald, at least with coatls. :D
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-03-15 19:23:52:
@Jemadar

I'm glad you liked the examples! Making them up I realized I actually like both split versions of Runes better than the whole gene. I can see each working for different cases where full Runes is just too much.

I did have a filigree version without the face mask based on one of my dragons -since that's the bit I dislike on most breeds. This is a second, the first was star/con and I thought the busyness of the other genes might make it less helpful as an example.
76eAHzB.png
I'd love to have this as an option too. Especially with permababies, I really dislike the face mask on filigree.

And jyst for fun here's the first tiger variant I did, this one is Dust (I think?) Fade with the same color Tiger stripes, which gives much more subtle patterns.
BsdgfvP.png
I love them both, though, since I am not that much of a fan of fade (it uses too many off the wall, at least in my opinion, color choices), I would prefer a more 'natural' variant than fade patterning used. Though, since we are talking about variants, why not have both. A more natural gradient, with 'same' colored stripes, natural gradient with bold stripes, fade variants for both options :D

and yeah, I LOVE the filigree, potentially even if it had a little bit on the top of the head (sort of like a forehead gem/swirl, but just a little one) to make the head not look as bald, at least with coatls. :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The more I see of this idea, the more I love it. It seems like it might also take a wee bit of work off some of the art team because the majority of the art appears to be there already. It's just a matter of modifying it in one way or another. There are some genes that would be just amazing on some dragons with just a little tweak, like no runes on the feet. Or only runes on the feet. The possibilities are endless.

They could make a more glowy firefly with this, too, potentially.

They'd definitely have to update the marketplace front, though. It's a little irritating already with the Ancient genes mixed in with the Modern. If they added variants of genes for both, the possibility of making a mistake just goes up.
The more I see of this idea, the more I love it. It seems like it might also take a wee bit of work off some of the art team because the majority of the art appears to be there already. It's just a matter of modifying it in one way or another. There are some genes that would be just amazing on some dragons with just a little tweak, like no runes on the feet. Or only runes on the feet. The possibilities are endless.

They could make a more glowy firefly with this, too, potentially.

They'd definitely have to update the marketplace front, though. It's a little irritating already with the Ancient genes mixed in with the Modern. If they added variants of genes for both, the possibility of making a mistake just goes up.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@PersimmonBird

That high contrast tiger variation example is killing me, it's so good! I would absolutely start a new breeding pair or 2 with different colours of that variation if it were a real thing. I'd probably have a few G1s with it too, haha. The number of skins and accents I've seen that try to replicate tiger colours or patterning is quite high, I think it'd be a massive hit. Huge thank you for the examples, they're all so good, I hope they catch the devs eyes
@PersimmonBird

That high contrast tiger variation example is killing me, it's so good! I would absolutely start a new breeding pair or 2 with different colours of that variation if it were a real thing. I'd probably have a few G1s with it too, haha. The number of skins and accents I've seen that try to replicate tiger colours or patterning is quite high, I think it'd be a massive hit. Huge thank you for the examples, they're all so good, I hope they catch the devs eyes
Support on every idea posted so far. It makes sense (lore wise) for genes to evolve different ways. These genes would also be faster to make as they're edited version of an existing gene. I [i]specially [/i]love the ideas below. [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-03-11 17:12:32" ] [center]Just tossing out another possible variant example. [img]https://i.imgur.com/VdsVRGs.png[/img] Filigree WITHOUT the stones. I'd use the heck out of this on dragons where the stone color clashes or doesn't work but the main color does. ----- And here's Runes two ways (marks only on the limbs/only on the body) and Thylacine without the gradients (love that one!) [img]https://i.imgur.com/8hGylFe.png[/img] [/quote]
Support on every idea posted so far. It makes sense (lore wise) for genes to evolve different ways. These genes would also be faster to make as they're edited version of an existing gene.

I specially love the ideas below.
Quote:
Just tossing out another possible variant example.

VdsVRGs.png
Filigree WITHOUT the stones. I'd use the heck out of this on dragons where the stone color clashes or doesn't work but the main color does.
And here's Runes two ways (marks only on the limbs/only on the body) and Thylacine without the gradients (love that one!)
8hGylFe.png
YS0YdoS.png
IofdFoL.png __
i[ wishlist ] ___ [ sky collection ] ___ [ personal logs ] ___ [ avatar dragon ]

@Almedha
I think the point is to not have any extra scrolls, so you choose which varient you want when applying the base scroll. This system is also why i suggested a scroll of varience item, something to let you change the varient on a dragon that already has the gene.
@Almedha
I think the point is to not have any extra scrolls, so you choose which varient you want when applying the base scroll. This system is also why i suggested a scroll of varience item, something to let you change the varient on a dragon that already has the gene.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Medenadragon" date="2020-03-16 06:08:20" ] I think the point is to not have any extra scrolls, so you choose which varient you want when applying the base scroll. This system is also why i suggested a scroll of varience item, something to let you change the varient on a dragon that already has the gene. [/quote] Yep! You're absolutely right, of course! I now see how low my reading comprehension level is at 1 in the morning.
Medenadragon wrote on 2020-03-16 06:08:20:
Yep! You're absolutely right, of course! I now see how low my reading comprehension level is at 1 in the morning.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Strongly agree. The more variations we have on certain genes, the more the devs could please everyone- not just certain people
Strongly agree. The more variations we have on certain genes, the more the devs could please everyone- not just certain people
tgKCVtZ.png
Two gene variant ideas: okapi but reverse the lighter vs darker hue
Gembond: less amount of stones / only stones on the body because its strange for a dragon to fly with weighed stones
on the wings

Edit: also piepald paint with black instead of white
Two gene variant ideas: okapi but reverse the lighter vs darker hue
Gembond: less amount of stones / only stones on the body because its strange for a dragon to fly with weighed stones
on the wings

Edit: also piepald paint with black instead of white
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
This would basically allow the staff to sell the same genes twice. I am so all over this idea!

Thylacine without the gene-ruining gradient? That's yeah, that's absolutely perfect for me.

Reinvigorated Tiger!

Runes where I don't have to deal with glowy feet or filigree without the power-ranger mask! Yes!

A variant Contour that has those cheetah eye-lines, follows the curves of the neck and belly instead of going down the nose and spine and doesn't go over the tops of limbs and would be all I needed to finally gene my custom progen.
This would basically allow the staff to sell the same genes twice. I am so all over this idea!

Thylacine without the gene-ruining gradient? That's yeah, that's absolutely perfect for me.

Reinvigorated Tiger!

Runes where I don't have to deal with glowy feet or filigree without the power-ranger mask! Yes!

A variant Contour that has those cheetah eye-lines, follows the curves of the neck and belly instead of going down the nose and spine and doesn't go over the tops of limbs and would be all I needed to finally gene my custom progen.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
This is a great idea, with minimal kinks that require only small work-arounds, in my opinion! Buying dragons via auction house could be difficult if you want specifics, but most people buy on image aesthetics only, so...
This is a great idea, with minimal kinks that require only small work-arounds, in my opinion! Buying dragons via auction house could be difficult if you want specifics, but most people buy on image aesthetics only, so...
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30