Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene variants
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I really love this idea, for little differences, tbh? It feels like these would be easier to get out than normal genes too, since you need to do less art. I also really feel like this could breathe life into some really old genes.

For example, I'd LOVE to see clown and eye spot with accent colors. I think lapis clown would become my favorite gene. Tiger and stripes would be amazing with the accent color on too. I like these genes on their own and wouldn't want them to be changed! but they're just begging to be extra colorful. Imagine how popular radioactive tiger would be?

Or what about bland poison/toxin/skink/spinner. That could be useful too!

While we're on met/al, I'd love to see a anodized metallic that has a rainbow shine over it

I like the idea of setting the version you want when you're applying the gene. It would keep the market from getting clogged.

I kind of like the idea of getting all versions of a gene when breeding but I KNOW lots of people wouldnt like that, so I like the idea of having an item that enables that.
I really love this idea, for little differences, tbh? It feels like these would be easier to get out than normal genes too, since you need to do less art. I also really feel like this could breathe life into some really old genes.

For example, I'd LOVE to see clown and eye spot with accent colors. I think lapis clown would become my favorite gene. Tiger and stripes would be amazing with the accent color on too. I like these genes on their own and wouldn't want them to be changed! but they're just begging to be extra colorful. Imagine how popular radioactive tiger would be?

Or what about bland poison/toxin/skink/spinner. That could be useful too!

While we're on met/al, I'd love to see a anodized metallic that has a rainbow shine over it

I like the idea of setting the version you want when you're applying the gene. It would keep the market from getting clogged.

I kind of like the idea of getting all versions of a gene when breeding but I KNOW lots of people wouldnt like that, so I like the idea of having an item that enables that.
knifesmolsharp.png lCK29fT.png
OxagJgG.png
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
fkWjutW.png
xYQkuHQ.png
Whats in store!:
YES. I SUPPORT THIS!
It would add more variety to dragons without having to have a ridiculous amount of colors and genes!
I'd love to see a paint/piebald but instead of white it's an accent color so it doesn't look weird and plain (then i might actually use those genes)!
A lot of "bland" genes need an accent color, actually! I'd love to have gene variants :)
YES. I SUPPORT THIS!
It would add more variety to dragons without having to have a ridiculous amount of colors and genes!
I'd love to see a paint/piebald but instead of white it's an accent color so it doesn't look weird and plain (then i might actually use those genes)!
A lot of "bland" genes need an accent color, actually! I'd love to have gene variants :)
@ufology - avatar
they/them + ae/aem/aer
hatchaday2.png
This would be good for the other gene mistakes that have been corrected (the inverted clown on female nocturnes, the altered Jupiter/Saturn and the inverted hypnotic on ridgebacks). It would also be perfect for the yet to be corrected iridescent/shimmer (the ‘new’ colors are too bright sheen wise)

Edit:Potentially instead of having to reapply the gene to unlock the varient there could be another scroll (perhaps an Unstable Scroll) that when applied to the dragon would allow you to change one gene to the varient.
This would be good for the other gene mistakes that have been corrected (the inverted clown on female nocturnes, the altered Jupiter/Saturn and the inverted hypnotic on ridgebacks). It would also be perfect for the yet to be corrected iridescent/shimmer (the ‘new’ colors are too bright sheen wise)

Edit:Potentially instead of having to reapply the gene to unlock the varient there could be another scroll (perhaps an Unstable Scroll) that when applied to the dragon would allow you to change one gene to the varient.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-09 18:23:51" ] This would be good for the other gene mistakes that have been corrected (the inverted clown on female nocturnes, the altered Jupiter/Saturn and the inverted hypnotic on ridgebacks). It would also be perfect for the yet to be corrected iridescent/shimmer (the ‘new’ colors are too bright sheen wise) Edit:Potentially instead of having to reapply the gene to unlock the varient there could be another scroll (perhaps an Unstable Scroll) that when applied to the dragon would allow you to change one gene to the varient. [/quote] This is exactly what I thought, and I also thought that this could potentially be good for players who want 'mutations' without making it a free for all eyecaplypes 2.0. The only mutations that would be available for any given pairing are the variants of the genes either dragon has (and for genes that didn't have mistakes, they could perhaps give alternate color variants, such as using different accent colors, 'inverting' the where the colors go and so on). There could also be an item to 'unlock' the potential for variants to be passed down, so that users who don't like certain variants, or want a specific variant can safely pass that down with no extra cost, nor worry.
DragonSage wrote on 2020-01-09 18:23:51:

This is exactly what I thought, and I also thought that this could potentially be good for players who want 'mutations' without making it a free for all eyecaplypes 2.0. The only mutations that would be available for any given pairing are the variants of the genes either dragon has (and for genes that didn't have mistakes, they could perhaps give alternate color variants, such as using different accent colors, 'inverting' the where the colors go and so on).

There could also be an item to 'unlock' the potential for variants to be passed down, so that users who don't like certain variants, or want a specific variant can safely pass that down with no extra cost, nor worry.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Suggestion:

Basic Tier I, II, III

Basically, you can have Plentiful, Uncommon, or Rare Basic genes. These would then have their price adjusted to match most genes in their rarity range. This would enable you to breed a triple Tier III basic with a triple 'Gem gened' dragon, and get offspring that are a mixture of basic and gened, as both dragons are on similar rarity tiers for their genes.

Basic is a legitimate gene; sometimes a dragon just looks better when the gene is basic. But that doesn't always leave the best options available for their mate. If you wanted to breed these two dragons, for example:

Wasp / Bee / Basic & Basic / Constellation / Glimmer

You're going to wind up with 99.9% of your hatchlings as Basic / Y / Basic

If you could purchase a Basic gene with high rarity that would be within the range of 50% mixed with the likes of Wasp and Glimmer, the Hatchlings would come out with a much more "50/50" mix of genes.

Obviously, the price would need to match the fellow genes - a high end treasure (Tier II) and a high end gem (Tier III) while the Tier I would be the classic basic, which is the default on G1s, and what is received when you remove a gene.

People who don't care to breed could use/keep the Classic gene, as its literally just for aesthetics - people who do care about breeding, but also aesthetics, could purchase the Basic Tier that matches the dragon's mate.

Suggestion:

Basic Tier I, II, III

Basically, you can have Plentiful, Uncommon, or Rare Basic genes. These would then have their price adjusted to match most genes in their rarity range. This would enable you to breed a triple Tier III basic with a triple 'Gem gened' dragon, and get offspring that are a mixture of basic and gened, as both dragons are on similar rarity tiers for their genes.

Basic is a legitimate gene; sometimes a dragon just looks better when the gene is basic. But that doesn't always leave the best options available for their mate. If you wanted to breed these two dragons, for example:

If you could purchase a Basic gene with high rarity that would be within the range of 50% mixed with the likes of Wasp and Glimmer, the Hatchlings would come out with a much more "50/50" mix of genes.

Obviously, the price would need to match the fellow genes - a high end treasure (Tier II) and a high end gem (Tier III) while the Tier I would be the classic basic, which is the default on G1s, and what is received when you remove a gene.

People who don't care to breed could use/keep the Classic gene, as its literally just for aesthetics - people who do care about breeding, but also aesthetics, could purchase the Basic Tier that matches the dragon's mate.

I am on a million Pinglists!

Please rePing / PM me if needed!

@ThistleProse +17 FR
fiFase7.png
Activity Log

[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2020-02-15 06:01:31" ] Suggestion: Basic Tier I, II, III Basically, you can have Plentiful, Uncommon, or Rare Basic genes. These would then have their price adjusted to match most genes in their rarity range. This would enable you to breed a triple Tier III basic with a triple 'Gem gened' dragon, and get offspring that are a mixture of basic and gened, as both dragons are on similar rarity tiers for their genes. Basic is a legitimate gene; sometimes a dragon just looks better when the gene is basic. But that doesn't always leave the best options available for their mate. If you wanted to breed these two dragons, for example: Wasp / Bee / Basic & Basic / Constellation / Glimmer You're going to wind up with 99.9% of your hatchlings as Basic / Y / Basic If you could purchase a Basic gene with high rarity that would be within the range of 50% mixed with the likes of Wasp and Glimmer, the Hatchlings would come out with a much more "50/50" mix of genes. Obviously, the price would need to match the fellow genes - a high end treasure (Tier II) and a high end gem (Tier III) while the Tier I would be the classic basic, which is the default on G1s, and what is received when you remove a gene. People who don't care to breed could use/keep the Classic gene, as its literally just for aesthetics - people who do care about breeding, but also aesthetics, could purchase the Basic Tier that matches the dragon's mate. [/quote] I’d happily spend more money for a higher tiered basic. I have several dragons I’d use it on as I prefer the basic look for that dragon but would prefer either the offspring get the mate’s gene or a more even mix of basic and other gene in the offspring
ThistleProse wrote on 2020-02-15 06:01:31:
Suggestion:

Basic Tier I, II, III

I’d happily spend more money for a higher tiered basic. I have several dragons I’d use it on as I prefer the basic look for that dragon but would prefer either the offspring get the mate’s gene or a more even mix of basic and other gene in the offspring
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I love the idea of basic variants with weaker breeding levels! That would be incredibly useful. I've been thinking of other variant genes lately and I'd love to see a dark glass capsule. Some colors have a dark membrane and I love how it looks and wish it was an option available on all of them [img]https://i.imgur.com/zJjlPYn.png[/img] Mist, fire, chocolate, some other brown I forget maybe ginger. Those dark versions in the middle are some of my favorites for capsule, and I hate that we're not likely to ever see a full set because they're not going to release an entire separate capsule gene for that, and if they do it ends up screwy for the colors that are already dark on regular capsule! But a [i]variant[/i] would work perfectly AND would offer a chance to give those dark colors a light version to match the rest of capsule. Because I'm sure there are people who dislike those colors of capsule for the same reason I love them. Everybody wins!
I love the idea of basic variants with weaker breeding levels! That would be incredibly useful.

I've been thinking of other variant genes lately and I'd love to see a dark glass capsule. Some colors have a dark membrane and I love how it looks and wish it was an option available on all of them

zJjlPYn.png
Mist, fire, chocolate, some other brown I forget maybe ginger.
Those dark versions in the middle are some of my favorites for capsule, and I hate that we're not likely to ever see a full set because they're not going to release an entire separate capsule gene for that, and if they do it ends up screwy for the colors that are already dark on regular capsule! But a variant would work perfectly AND would offer a chance to give those dark colors a light version to match the rest of capsule. Because I'm sure there are people who dislike those colors of capsule for the same reason I love them.
Everybody wins!
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-02-16 20:12:17" ] I love the idea of basic variants with weaker breeding levels! That would be incredibly useful. I've been thinking of other variant genes lately and I'd love to see a dark glass capsule. Some colors have a dark membrane and I love how it looks and wish it was an option available on all of them [img]https://i.imgur.com/zJjlPYn.png[/img] Mist, fire, chocolate, some other brown I forget maybe ginger. Those dark versions in the middle are some of my favorites for capsule, and I hate that we're not likely to ever see a full set because they're not going to release an entire separate capsule gene for that, and if they do it ends up screwy for the colors that are already dark on regular capsule! But a [i]variant[/i] would work perfectly AND would offer a chance to give those dark colors a light version to match the rest of capsule. Because I'm sure there are people who dislike those colors of capsule for the same reason I love them. Everybody wins! [/quote] I love those, and that also gives me another idea: stained capsule. Like the dark glass variant, these could have glass colors that would just 'slightly' change the color of the 'liquid' in them. Perhaps using Accent colors, or Poi/tox colors etc..
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-02-16 20:12:17:
I love the idea of basic variants with weaker breeding levels! That would be incredibly useful.

I've been thinking of other variant genes lately and I'd love to see a dark glass capsule. Some colors have a dark membrane and I love how it looks and wish it was an option available on all of them

zJjlPYn.png
Mist, fire, chocolate, some other brown I forget maybe ginger.
Those dark versions in the middle are some of my favorites for capsule, and I hate that we're not likely to ever see a full set because they're not going to release an entire separate capsule gene for that, and if they do it ends up screwy for the colors that are already dark on regular capsule! But a variant would work perfectly AND would offer a chance to give those dark colors a light version to match the rest of capsule. Because I'm sure there are people who dislike those colors of capsule for the same reason I love them.
Everybody wins!
I love those, and that also gives me another idea: stained capsule.

Like the dark glass variant, these could have glass colors that would just 'slightly' change the color of the 'liquid' in them. Perhaps using Accent colors, or Poi/tox colors etc..

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="@Jemadar" date="2020-02-16 21:26:45" ] I love those, and that also gives me another idea: stained capsule. Like the dark glass variant, these could have glass colors that would just 'slightly' change the color of the 'liquid' in them. Perhaps using Accent colors, or Poi/tox colors etc.. [/quote] Oh that could make for an incredible variant! Keeping in mind I have the art skills of a sick hamster, but... something like radioactive with a purple tint overlay? [img]https://i.imgur.com/FBH6RZW.png[/img] I turned the saturation up on that one a bit higher than an actual one would probably be -mostly because it looked fun this way, but something like that could open up some really neat looks. And blow the doors off when it comes to finding genes that work for "bad" terts, If you could choose a capsule that shades darker, or towards an accent color? That would be [i]amazingly[/i] flexible.
@Jemadar wrote on 2020-02-16 21:26:45:

Like the dark glass variant, these could have glass colors that would just 'slightly' change the color of the 'liquid' in them. Perhaps using Accent colors, or Poi/tox colors etc..

Oh that could make for an incredible variant!
Keeping in mind I have the art skills of a sick hamster, but... something like
radioactive with a purple tint overlay?
FBH6RZW.png
I turned the saturation up on that one a bit higher than an actual one would probably be -mostly because it looked fun this way, but something like that could open up some really neat looks. And blow the doors off when it comes to finding genes that work for "bad" terts, If you could choose a capsule that shades darker, or towards an accent color? That would be amazingly flexible.
[quote name="@PersimmonBird" date="2020-02-16 22:01:51" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-02-16 21:26:45" ] I love those, and that also gives me another idea: stained capsule. Like the dark glass variant, these could have glass colors that would just 'slightly' change the color of the 'liquid' in them. Perhaps using Accent colors, or Poi/tox colors etc.. [/quote] Oh that could make for an incredible variant! Keeping in mind I have the art skills of a sick hamster, but... something like radioactive with a purple tint overlay? [img]https://i.imgur.com/FBH6RZW.png[/img] I turned the saturation up on that one a bit higher than an actual one would probably be -mostly because it looked fun this way, but something like that could open up some really neat looks. And blow the doors off when it comes to finding genes that work for "bad" terts, If you could choose a capsule that shades darker, or towards an accent color? That would be [i]amazingly[/i] flexible. [/quote] Exactly. That looks incredible, and having variants like that (as well as more 'normal' ones) would go a long way to helping out with awkward terts and just in general giving dragons a way to be unique from other dragons. Imagine having XXX radioactive dragons, and you could give each of them a unique capsule. (as well as prim/sec genes). Even if they were all Poi/Tox/Casule, each one could look completely different due to the various variants applied. No longer would players who like certain genes and colors be limited to having a lair that is almost mono. Instead each dragon could be unique. :D The other thing I would love about this is that, other than potential coding, most of the art would be relatively simple to add to the game. It wouldn't be drawing any new art, simply chosing different colors, and/or changing saturation/tint/hue etc.. on the art. Since there is a program for that, I would think that most of it would be taken care of automatically. My motto: Variety is good. More variety is better :D
@PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-02-16 22:01:51:
Jemadar wrote on 2020-02-16 21:26:45:

Oh that could make for an incredible variant!
Keeping in mind I have the art skills of a sick hamster, but... something like
radioactive with a purple tint overlay?
FBH6RZW.png
I turned the saturation up on that one a bit higher than an actual one would probably be -mostly because it looked fun this way, but something like that could open up some really neat looks. And blow the doors off when it comes to finding genes that work for "bad" terts, If you could choose a capsule that shades darker, or towards an accent color? That would be amazingly flexible.
Exactly. That looks incredible, and having variants like that (as well as more 'normal' ones) would go a long way to helping out with awkward terts and just in general giving dragons a way to be unique from other dragons.

Imagine having XXX radioactive dragons, and you could give each of them a unique capsule. (as well as prim/sec genes). Even if they were all Poi/Tox/Casule, each one could look completely different due to the various variants applied.

No longer would players who like certain genes and colors be limited to having a lair that is almost mono. Instead each dragon could be unique. :D

The other thing I would love about this is that, other than potential coding, most of the art would be relatively simple to add to the game. It wouldn't be drawing any new art, simply chosing different colors, and/or changing saturation/tint/hue etc.. on the art. Since there is a program for that, I would think that most of it would be taken care of automatically.

My motto: Variety is good. More variety is better :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28