Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ideas for treasure sinks?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The gambling thing is interesting. I kinda agree with both sides- absolutely it's a very risky thing, but if done well (and safely) it could be fun.

One of the games I play, Dragalia Lost, has a feature where you can pull for items. The first daily pull is free, but then each subsequent pull costs more (up to the daily limit of six). Something with such a cap on it could be a good way to keep the fun and the ethics, perhaps? Should probably mention as well- the odds of getting any item (or adventurer from the unlimited-pull Gacha pool) are posted, as well, so you know what your odds are.

That would tie in well with the pay-for-extra-Gathering-Turns idea, wouldn't it...
The gambling thing is interesting. I kinda agree with both sides- absolutely it's a very risky thing, but if done well (and safely) it could be fun.

One of the games I play, Dragalia Lost, has a feature where you can pull for items. The first daily pull is free, but then each subsequent pull costs more (up to the daily limit of six). Something with such a cap on it could be a good way to keep the fun and the ethics, perhaps? Should probably mention as well- the odds of getting any item (or adventurer from the unlimited-pull Gacha pool) are posted, as well, so you know what your odds are.

That would tie in well with the pay-for-extra-Gathering-Turns idea, wouldn't it...
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

a fun festival game called the money hole where you can throw money into the hole
[quote name="Bogsneep" date="2019-12-08 20:59:52" ] a fun festival game called the money hole where you can throw money into the hole [/quote] Where'd the money go? In the hole. *dramatic sting*
Bogsneep wrote on 2019-12-08 20:59:52:
a fun festival game called the money hole where you can throw money into the hole
Where'd the money go?

In the hole.

*dramatic sting*
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I really just think they should severely nerf glimmer and gloom payouts. Make everyone go back to playing artifracture, hahaha

On sinks, a bigger push towards the marketplace might help. Put some cool and exciting rare stuff in there. Right now most of the non-gem apparel is basically fodder clothes, way easier to get from random chests.

Some new Baldwin items with high treasure costs could really sink some treasure as well. Baldwin eats items that could otherwise be hoardsold and turns them into 0 hoard value items, which are then used with even more treasure to make a single new item (with little to no hoard value itself.)
I really just think they should severely nerf glimmer and gloom payouts. Make everyone go back to playing artifracture, hahaha

On sinks, a bigger push towards the marketplace might help. Put some cool and exciting rare stuff in there. Right now most of the non-gem apparel is basically fodder clothes, way easier to get from random chests.

Some new Baldwin items with high treasure costs could really sink some treasure as well. Baldwin eats items that could otherwise be hoardsold and turns them into 0 hoard value items, which are then used with even more treasure to make a single new item (with little to no hoard value itself.)
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
[quote name="Zavyt" date="2019-12-08 22:46:17" ] [quote name="Bogsneep" date="2019-12-08 20:59:52" ] a fun festival game called the money hole where you can throw money into the hole [/quote] Where'd the money go? In the hole. *dramatic sting* [/quote] This reminds me of those 'wishing well' things you see in malls, where you drop a coin into a slot and watch it roll around and around and around and around and around and... oh it's gone. *Puts another in* I would likely play this game
Zavyt wrote on 2019-12-08 22:46:17:
Bogsneep wrote on 2019-12-08 20:59:52:
Where'd the money go?

In the hole.

*dramatic sting*
This reminds me of those 'wishing well' things you see in malls, where you drop a coin into a slot and watch it roll around and around and around and around and around and... oh it's gone. *Puts another in*

I would likely play this game
vendor that changes a dragon's eye color randomly for a fee. maybe even increasing the more you use it in a day, capping at, idk, 100kt

ensures people will drop hundreds of thousands of treasure in trying to get primal/multi for their dragons. or just the right eye color even. hell, i know i'd use it just because waiting for breeding projects to churn out the right tint is annoying

downside: lots of uproar about effectively unretiring scattersights
vendor that changes a dragon's eye color randomly for a fee. maybe even increasing the more you use it in a day, capping at, idk, 100kt

ensures people will drop hundreds of thousands of treasure in trying to get primal/multi for their dragons. or just the right eye color even. hell, i know i'd use it just because waiting for breeding projects to churn out the right tint is annoying

downside: lots of uproar about effectively unretiring scattersights
Scorchpaw Prowler
[quote name="ShiraCheshire" date="2019-12-09 02:02:54" ] I really just think they should severely nerf glimmer and gloom payouts. Make everyone go back to playing artifracture, hahaha [/quote] Agree
ShiraCheshire wrote on 2019-12-09 02:02:54:
Agree
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
@Nyllei Hiya, I went ahead and moved this thread over to the Suggestions forum! I'm seeing a lot of creative ideas and constructive discussion. Loving it <3
@Nyllei Hiya, I went ahead and moved this thread over to the Suggestions forum! I'm seeing a lot of creative ideas and constructive discussion. Loving it <3
As said, a site can't have too many treasure sinks, as that helps keep the economy healthy.

There are several ways they could do it.

1. Large event. While not a 'throw money at the site and unlock tiers type' event, something where you could 'donate' treasure to a 'cause' (such as there is currently an Emperor rampaging around Light's territory, so I assume that one day Light and potentially other flights will have to do something about it, so you can donate to the 'war effort' against it.). Treasure wouldn't be the only way to help of course, all areas of the site should be involved in a large event, but treasure definitely should be one way to help. Helping doesn't give you anything in return, until you unlock certain milestones (such as donate 10K, 100K, 500K etc..). This could have personal, flight, and site bonus levels to encourage players to not only work on their own, but work with their flight and the entire site.

2. Smaller events where you can toss money at the site in return for the potential to get something.

3. More lair expansions.

4. Higher level, and thus higher priced, baldwin brews that players WANT to brew. Natural Eye vials (not necessarily all of them, but the rarer), ways to change a nest temporarily, etc.. all these I feel would get players brewing, not only to use themselves, but sell to other players, which brings in the tax sink of the AH.

5. Other areas, such as cooking, where users have to buy things to use in order to use the area, perhaps both permanent upgrades (such as a 'stove' to upgrade from a 'pit' to make the cooking faster and more reliable etc.. and 'clearing space' for expansions to the cooking area to allow two or more cooks to be using the area at once, and to allow different types of recipes such as baking etc.. Recipes could also be part of this, where you buy a recipe and unlock it permanenetly) that are one time buys, as well as perhaps smaller upgrades that wear out over time (such as things like utensils that have so many 'uses', these will need to be replaced every so often, but give boosts to the cooking skill of a dragon)

Basically, anything that takes treasure from the site economy and not just transfer it from one player to another, and that players WANT to use.

The thing about sinks is you will very rarely, if at all, create a sink that EVERYONE wants to use, so you need a wide variety of sinks, to apply to as wide a variety of players as possible. This sink might not appeal to X% of players, but Y% of those players (as well as Z% of the players the first sink appeals to) would like THAT sink. So, as I say, the more the better.
As said, a site can't have too many treasure sinks, as that helps keep the economy healthy.

There are several ways they could do it.

1. Large event. While not a 'throw money at the site and unlock tiers type' event, something where you could 'donate' treasure to a 'cause' (such as there is currently an Emperor rampaging around Light's territory, so I assume that one day Light and potentially other flights will have to do something about it, so you can donate to the 'war effort' against it.). Treasure wouldn't be the only way to help of course, all areas of the site should be involved in a large event, but treasure definitely should be one way to help. Helping doesn't give you anything in return, until you unlock certain milestones (such as donate 10K, 100K, 500K etc..). This could have personal, flight, and site bonus levels to encourage players to not only work on their own, but work with their flight and the entire site.

2. Smaller events where you can toss money at the site in return for the potential to get something.

3. More lair expansions.

4. Higher level, and thus higher priced, baldwin brews that players WANT to brew. Natural Eye vials (not necessarily all of them, but the rarer), ways to change a nest temporarily, etc.. all these I feel would get players brewing, not only to use themselves, but sell to other players, which brings in the tax sink of the AH.

5. Other areas, such as cooking, where users have to buy things to use in order to use the area, perhaps both permanent upgrades (such as a 'stove' to upgrade from a 'pit' to make the cooking faster and more reliable etc.. and 'clearing space' for expansions to the cooking area to allow two or more cooks to be using the area at once, and to allow different types of recipes such as baking etc.. Recipes could also be part of this, where you buy a recipe and unlock it permanenetly) that are one time buys, as well as perhaps smaller upgrades that wear out over time (such as things like utensils that have so many 'uses', these will need to be replaced every so often, but give boosts to the cooking skill of a dragon)

Basically, anything that takes treasure from the site economy and not just transfer it from one player to another, and that players WANT to use.

The thing about sinks is you will very rarely, if at all, create a sink that EVERYONE wants to use, so you need a wide variety of sinks, to apply to as wide a variety of players as possible. This sink might not appeal to X% of players, but Y% of those players (as well as Z% of the players the first sink appeals to) would like THAT sink. So, as I say, the more the better.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Stormdance" date="2019-12-08 13:46:37" ] An alternative way to look at it: prevent treasure from entering the economy in the first place. The most effective way would probably be to remove treasure incentives for exalting. Have other, highly attractive incentives: credit at an apparel shop or gene scrolls. But that would be the most effective way to do it. [/quote] Exalting is an essential game mechanic, the treasure incentive is so people will be encouraged to exalt rather than hold on to dragons FOREVER trying to sell them. Remove the treasure incentive and this game would grind to a halt.
Stormdance wrote on 2019-12-08 13:46:37:
An alternative way to look at it: prevent treasure from entering the economy in the first place. The most effective way would probably be to remove treasure incentives for exalting. Have other, highly attractive incentives: credit at an apparel shop or gene scrolls. But that would be the most effective way to do it.

Exalting is an essential game mechanic, the treasure incentive is so people will be encouraged to exalt rather than hold on to dragons FOREVER trying to sell them. Remove the treasure incentive and this game would grind to a halt.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8