Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ideas for treasure sinks?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've been seeing a lot of complaints about the current g:t ratio (and how G&G murdered it), and it got me thinking about treasure sinks and what some interesting things could be one. We all know about the easy ones: apparel releases, mp vistas, nests, baldwin fees, lair space upgrades, etc. But what are some that you think would be interesting beyond that?

Note: Since there's been some confusion, I'll clarify that a treasure sink removes treasure from the site (think buying apparel from the mp), it does not remove treasure from the player and then give it to another player (buying on the AH (disregarding the tax!) or from another player in Items for Sale), since that does nothing to the g:t ratio.

It would be cool if we could "pin" certain locations on the world map when it get revamped, and we could buy additional pins for like 50kt if we wanted to. It'd be a great little QoL thing that isn't necessary for anyone if they don't want it, but it'd still work as a sink.

All of these pins would only be visible to yourself. Maybe there could be a link in the clan profile to each individual's map pins so others can see your locations? If everyone could see everyone's map pins at anytime, no one would be able to actually see the map due to it being covered in pins lol.

Edit: Fixed some awkward phrases.
I've been seeing a lot of complaints about the current g:t ratio (and how G&G murdered it), and it got me thinking about treasure sinks and what some interesting things could be one. We all know about the easy ones: apparel releases, mp vistas, nests, baldwin fees, lair space upgrades, etc. But what are some that you think would be interesting beyond that?

Note: Since there's been some confusion, I'll clarify that a treasure sink removes treasure from the site (think buying apparel from the mp), it does not remove treasure from the player and then give it to another player (buying on the AH (disregarding the tax!) or from another player in Items for Sale), since that does nothing to the g:t ratio.

It would be cool if we could "pin" certain locations on the world map when it get revamped, and we could buy additional pins for like 50kt if we wanted to. It'd be a great little QoL thing that isn't necessary for anyone if they don't want it, but it'd still work as a sink.

All of these pins would only be visible to yourself. Maybe there could be a link in the clan profile to each individual's map pins so others can see your locations? If everyone could see everyone's map pins at anytime, no one would be able to actually see the map due to it being covered in pins lol.

Edit: Fixed some awkward phrases.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Most things that are worth archieving are made by yourself and are possible by buying from other players.

Want a good g1? pay for it.
Want kickstarter exclusiv stuff? pay for it.
Want to finish a gene project? pay for it. (tho cheaper on AH usually)
Want to get your dream dragon? pay for it.

Because tbh, thats what the game acually is.
All goals you have are made by yourself, there is no endgame unless you say it.

So i dont think a universal money sink is acually possible, you can just try to affect as many players as possible.

A true money sink, which removes money from the eco, would be something everyone wants but cant get from another player or just something that is good to have and cant get from another player.

And we dont have that many things of that acually and its very hard to figure it out.

Hope people come up with something because my brain honestly cant.

Edit: corrected my two kinds of money sinks
Most things that are worth archieving are made by yourself and are possible by buying from other players.

Want a good g1? pay for it.
Want kickstarter exclusiv stuff? pay for it.
Want to finish a gene project? pay for it. (tho cheaper on AH usually)
Want to get your dream dragon? pay for it.

Because tbh, thats what the game acually is.
All goals you have are made by yourself, there is no endgame unless you say it.

So i dont think a universal money sink is acually possible, you can just try to affect as many players as possible.

A true money sink, which removes money from the eco, would be something everyone wants but cant get from another player or just something that is good to have and cant get from another player.

And we dont have that many things of that acually and its very hard to figure it out.

Hope people come up with something because my brain honestly cant.

Edit: corrected my two kinds of money sinks
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

The only thing I can think of is adding the option to buy hibernal den slots with treasure if the number of available slots gets expanded in the future.
The only thing I can think of is adding the option to buy hibernal den slots with treasure if the number of available slots gets expanded in the future.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I'm not sure what you mean by pin locations on the map, but it should be something that you do and would only see because otherwise the map would otherwise be a mess of pins and the treasure sink would be moot due to a finite amount of space....

I call dibs on Arcane's upper-left corner.
I'm not sure what you mean by pin locations on the map, but it should be something that you do and would only see because otherwise the map would otherwise be a mess of pins and the treasure sink would be moot due to a finite amount of space....

I call dibs on Arcane's upper-left corner.
qDavPTk.png
I mean... There’s possibly a new ancient coming out tomorrow. If the ancient is another treasure breed, it would be an excellent sink. NOTN is coming up, too. The rate will go down by the end of the year, definitely!
I mean... There’s possibly a new ancient coming out tomorrow. If the ancient is another treasure breed, it would be an excellent sink. NOTN is coming up, too. The rate will go down by the end of the year, definitely!
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
The current gem and Treasure ratio is probably because they cycled wildclaw scrolls and that sank the amount of gems that were circulating

Edit:
Pay for more turns in Gathering.
like 10k a turn.
The current gem and Treasure ratio is probably because they cycled wildclaw scrolls and that sank the amount of gems that were circulating

Edit:
Pay for more turns in Gathering.
like 10k a turn.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
@Yuubi Only one of those things is a treasure sink. A treasure sink is something that removes treasure from the game. Any time you pay money to another player, that's not a treasure sink, the money's staying in the economy.

The inflation is happening because so much more treasure is entering the economy via Fairgrounds and exalting than is leaving the economy by being paid to the MP, Baldwin, Roundsey, or nest/lair, especially as compared to the amount of gems entering/leaving.
___

To answer the actual question: More Baldwin is always a good thing. The problem with nest/lair upgrades as sinks is they're one time purchases. The problem with Roundsey is that most people are smart enough to not gamble. Baldwin gives you something back and never runs out for any given player. You can never run out of ways to spend treasure on him.
@Yuubi Only one of those things is a treasure sink. A treasure sink is something that removes treasure from the game. Any time you pay money to another player, that's not a treasure sink, the money's staying in the economy.

The inflation is happening because so much more treasure is entering the economy via Fairgrounds and exalting than is leaving the economy by being paid to the MP, Baldwin, Roundsey, or nest/lair, especially as compared to the amount of gems entering/leaving.
___

To answer the actual question: More Baldwin is always a good thing. The problem with nest/lair upgrades as sinks is they're one time purchases. The problem with Roundsey is that most people are smart enough to not gamble. Baldwin gives you something back and never runs out for any given player. You can never run out of ways to spend treasure on him.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Off the top of my head, I'd kinda like a Coli venue thing where you "hunt" a single mob. Depending on the rarity and how many battles you want = a fee you pay. So if you want to hunt that boss 100 times it'll be in the 500Kt range etc to counterweight the costs of their dropped items. It's a risk reward situation and if you want to hunt your favourites to hoard their drops, go ahead but it'll take a bit of treasure out (which you could eventually get back). It'd need to be balanced enough though that the "standard" drops don't cover the initial cost but the chance of good loot is a nice way to persuade people to keep going.

But I'm Coli obsessed so that's probably just me that thinks that'd be fun.

From a community stand point I'd love to see like, a money sink (like a temple for each flight) and donating money increases this temple. They could give more benefits, such as a few more stats in the Coli, higher chances of 5 egg nests where applicable, +1 gathering turn etc -- but the costs of these are gargantuan and take a long time to reach (100s of millions of treasure for one). I feel like it makes sense considering smaller flights (like Earth) find DOM easier since there are few players (and therefore save more money from discounts) versus larger flights where more people could donate but might not save as much money because they don't get DOM as often.
Off the top of my head, I'd kinda like a Coli venue thing where you "hunt" a single mob. Depending on the rarity and how many battles you want = a fee you pay. So if you want to hunt that boss 100 times it'll be in the 500Kt range etc to counterweight the costs of their dropped items. It's a risk reward situation and if you want to hunt your favourites to hoard their drops, go ahead but it'll take a bit of treasure out (which you could eventually get back). It'd need to be balanced enough though that the "standard" drops don't cover the initial cost but the chance of good loot is a nice way to persuade people to keep going.

But I'm Coli obsessed so that's probably just me that thinks that'd be fun.

From a community stand point I'd love to see like, a money sink (like a temple for each flight) and donating money increases this temple. They could give more benefits, such as a few more stats in the Coli, higher chances of 5 egg nests where applicable, +1 gathering turn etc -- but the costs of these are gargantuan and take a long time to reach (100s of millions of treasure for one). I feel like it makes sense considering smaller flights (like Earth) find DOM easier since there are few players (and therefore save more money from discounts) versus larger flights where more people could donate but might not save as much money because they don't get DOM as often.
S3GFTQ7.png 32409.png Buying all of these Ednas: aka Shattered Plain Gem Guardians. Message me >:D I'll even grind Coli for you.
@LordJeanliness

That was what i mean with a true money sink.

"A true money sink would be something everyone wants but cant get from another player."

Sorry i said it wrong, but if i spend money on anything, its a money sink for me as a player, not a money sink for the eco.

I honestly dont know a different term to add to seperate both things kinds of sinks.
@LordJeanliness

That was what i mean with a true money sink.

"A true money sink would be something everyone wants but cant get from another player."

Sorry i said it wrong, but if i spend money on anything, its a money sink for me as a player, not a money sink for the eco.

I honestly dont know a different term to add to seperate both things kinds of sinks.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

Don’t you think we have ENOUGH treasure sinks on here already? An entire treasure marketplace as well as tons of AH treasure sales, lair & nest expansions, Baldwin fees, AH fees, Roundsey, even the dragons themselves (New & old breeds, fodder, eggs) are all treasure sinks. This ENTIRE GAME is one giant treasure sink!

It’s far more likely that the borked g:t ratio is due to fewer people buying & selling gems than there used to be and/or a rise in the demand for gems from non-donators.

As long as the demand for gems is higher than the supply, the price for them will continue to rise, regardless of whether or not players have an easy source of treasure or not.
Don’t you think we have ENOUGH treasure sinks on here already? An entire treasure marketplace as well as tons of AH treasure sales, lair & nest expansions, Baldwin fees, AH fees, Roundsey, even the dragons themselves (New & old breeds, fodder, eggs) are all treasure sinks. This ENTIRE GAME is one giant treasure sink!

It’s far more likely that the borked g:t ratio is due to fewer people buying & selling gems than there used to be and/or a rise in the demand for gems from non-donators.

As long as the demand for gems is higher than the supply, the price for them will continue to rise, regardless of whether or not players have an easy source of treasure or not.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8