Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Improve popup tooltips on mobile
I use FR on mobile and tablet a lot, and increasingly I’ve been running into frustrating tooltips that will not go away. This happens to me especially at the crossroads. Ill select an item or dragon to attach, close the window—and the tooltip is still there. Worse, it’s usually covering the button to send the CR, so more often than not I have to resend the whole CR.

So: all else aside, I’d love the ability to close the tooltip popup. It really interferes with the flow.
I use FR on mobile and tablet a lot, and increasingly I’ve been running into frustrating tooltips that will not go away. This happens to me especially at the crossroads. Ill select an item or dragon to attach, close the window—and the tooltip is still there. Worse, it’s usually covering the button to send the CR, so more often than not I have to resend the whole CR.

So: all else aside, I’d love the ability to close the tooltip popup. It really interferes with the flow.
mkpoaHZ.png
mobile layouts are usually really fussy with tooltips in general - some touches are counted as moving an invisible 'cursor' to that spot and some aren't. i find grinding coli on mobile is the main example of this issue, as i often get tooltips popping up over my screen just from where my phone thinks my 'cursor' is.

the main way to remove these tooltips is to simply press on an 'empty' section of the page, where there are no buttons and there are no hoverable elements. this usually clears the tooltip.

i don't know if this is something FR themselves can fix, but if they can, +1
mobile layouts are usually really fussy with tooltips in general - some touches are counted as moving an invisible 'cursor' to that spot and some aren't. i find grinding coli on mobile is the main example of this issue, as i often get tooltips popping up over my screen just from where my phone thinks my 'cursor' is.

the main way to remove these tooltips is to simply press on an 'empty' section of the page, where there are no buttons and there are no hoverable elements. this usually clears the tooltip.

i don't know if this is something FR themselves can fix, but if they can, +1
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
I agree that it's a frustrating problem! I'm not sure if there's anything FR devs can actually do about it, but it would be nice if they could.
I agree that it's a frustrating problem! I'm not sure if there's anything FR devs can actually do about it, but it would be nice if they could.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
I'd love to have an invisible x on all the pop-ups and not just some of them. Skin/accent ones are especially awful and obnoxious for refusing to disappear. And clicking in an empty spot doesn't ever seem to help. Especially since a lot of people put them in their signatures to advertise and they popup on their own and then won't disappear and make the forums incredibly frustrating whenever they post.
Also a hassle on the page to dress a dragon in a skin it seems to always overlap the actual dragon and won't go away without refreshing the page.
I'd love to have an invisible x on all the pop-ups and not just some of them. Skin/accent ones are especially awful and obnoxious for refusing to disappear. And clicking in an empty spot doesn't ever seem to help. Especially since a lot of people put them in their signatures to advertise and they popup on their own and then won't disappear and make the forums incredibly frustrating whenever they post.
Also a hassle on the page to dress a dragon in a skin it seems to always overlap the actual dragon and won't go away without refreshing the page.
Support, the tool tip bug when trying to send a CR on mobile is just the worst. Off of the top of my head it could be fixed with a little Javascript that says when you click the add/cancel button the tool tip is set back to display:none. But I guess you would have to address every similar window mm. Or something like PersimmonBird said. An X on tool tips on mobile version.

Honestly FR is not mobile friendly in general but the tool tips are one of the worst offenders. There's no quick fixes I can think of but there definitely ARE ways to improve the mobile experience.

I'd vote for just getting rid of tool tips altogether on mobile but I understand there are people who play mobile full time who would miss out. Maybe an option to disable/hide them in settings.
Support, the tool tip bug when trying to send a CR on mobile is just the worst. Off of the top of my head it could be fixed with a little Javascript that says when you click the add/cancel button the tool tip is set back to display:none. But I guess you would have to address every similar window mm. Or something like PersimmonBird said. An X on tool tips on mobile version.

Honestly FR is not mobile friendly in general but the tool tips are one of the worst offenders. There's no quick fixes I can think of but there definitely ARE ways to improve the mobile experience.

I'd vote for just getting rid of tool tips altogether on mobile but I understand there are people who play mobile full time who would miss out. Maybe an option to disable/hide them in settings.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png