Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mobile friendly ways to dress dragons
This is my first time making a post in the Suggestions forum, so I apologize if this is too short of a post or whatever.

Anyways, I am moving like the end of next week and I am pretty much giving up my access to FR on a laptop/desktop computer. The only way I will be able to access FR is on my mobile phone.
Seeing as they made an amazing update to make it available to mobile players to rearrange their lairs easier by giving a drag and drop option, I would love to see the same thing for dressing dragons!
To add for what other users have suggested, another option would be up and down arrows! Those might work better in all honesty since with mobile you are working with a much smaller screen.
I love to create outfits and dress my dragons (half of them are naked though), but its insanely difficult to dress them if you either only have access to FR through mobile means (like how I will soon) or whatever the reason may be.
I would love if we could get an update like this.

Sorry if any mistakes were made in this post.
I'm on mobile.

EDIT: Thanks for the support, guys! I appreciate that other users feel the same way as I do.
This is my first time making a post in the Suggestions forum, so I apologize if this is too short of a post or whatever.

Anyways, I am moving like the end of next week and I am pretty much giving up my access to FR on a laptop/desktop computer. The only way I will be able to access FR is on my mobile phone.
Seeing as they made an amazing update to make it available to mobile players to rearrange their lairs easier by giving a drag and drop option, I would love to see the same thing for dressing dragons!
To add for what other users have suggested, another option would be up and down arrows! Those might work better in all honesty since with mobile you are working with a much smaller screen.
I love to create outfits and dress my dragons (half of them are naked though), but its insanely difficult to dress them if you either only have access to FR through mobile means (like how I will soon) or whatever the reason may be.
I would love if we could get an update like this.

Sorry if any mistakes were made in this post.
I'm on mobile.

EDIT: Thanks for the support, guys! I appreciate that other users feel the same way as I do.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
Support!

I was thinking that there could even just be ^ V buttons (next to the X for removing an equipped piece of apparel) to shift items up or down a layer. Something drag-and-drop like dragon lair arrangement would be ideal, but if that’d too much work, then simple “up” or “down” buttons would be nice.
Support!

I was thinking that there could even just be ^ V buttons (next to the X for removing an equipped piece of apparel) to shift items up or down a layer. Something drag-and-drop like dragon lair arrangement would be ideal, but if that’d too much work, then simple “up” or “down” buttons would be nice.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-11-16 11:47:46" ] Support! I was thinking that there could even just be ^ V buttons (next to the X for removing an equipped piece of apparel) to shift items up or down a layer. Something drag-and-drop like dragon lair arrangement would be ideal, but if that’d too much work, then simple “up” or “down” buttons would be nice. [/quote] Ooh, I like this solution. As a mobile user my solution has been to remove everything and replace it at the bottom, one item at a time, and it's so tedious that unless the clipping is truly awful most of the time I don't even bother. I'd definitely be willing to bet that this issue is fairly high on the QoL update list, though, since mobile utility updates have been their focus lately.
Ningyo wrote on 2019-11-16 11:47:46:
Support!

Ooh, I like this solution. As a mobile user my solution has been to remove everything and replace it at the bottom, one item at a time, and it's so tedious that unless the clipping is truly awful most of the time I don't even bother.

I'd definitely be willing to bet that this issue is fairly high on the QoL update list, though, since mobile utility updates have been their focus lately.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
Please! Simple up/down arrows would be a perfect solution and would make such a tremendous difference in mobile-user experience in the DR.
Please! Simple up/down arrows would be a perfect solution and would make such a tremendous difference in mobile-user experience in the DR.
Support. There’s drag and drop for the coliseum on mobile, and for games like the puzzle in the fairgrounds. I really want a touch screen compatible way to put together and modify outfits
Support. There’s drag and drop for the coliseum on mobile, and for games like the puzzle in the fairgrounds. I really want a touch screen compatible way to put together and modify outfits
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Compare to drag and drop, I'd much prefer just up and down arrows in this case. Drag and drop can be hard to maneuver with the dress up screen, as the area available for drag is quite small, and if zoomed in it's hard to drag with screen scroll too. So simple up/down arrows would actually work better in this case.

Though at the end of the day any kind of feature that allows mobile users to arrange their apparels properly without having to remove them all and select again is a good improvement. Total support.
Compare to drag and drop, I'd much prefer just up and down arrows in this case. Drag and drop can be hard to maneuver with the dress up screen, as the area available for drag is quite small, and if zoomed in it's hard to drag with screen scroll too. So simple up/down arrows would actually work better in this case.

Though at the end of the day any kind of feature that allows mobile users to arrange their apparels properly without having to remove them all and select again is a good improvement. Total support.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I agree entirely. We even already have drag and drop functionality in the Hibernal den, so there’s a precedent. It’s literally impossible to move the apparel pieces around on mobile.
I agree entirely. We even already have drag and drop functionality in the Hibernal den, so there’s a precedent. It’s literally impossible to move the apparel pieces around on mobile.
mkpoaHZ.png
Support! I think the arrows would work better, but anything that makes it easier to dress dragons on mobile would be much appreciated.
Support! I think the arrows would work better, but anything that makes it easier to dress dragons on mobile would be much appreciated.
s7cpOmi.png
yessss i would love up and down buttons!

maybe also a 'to the top' and 'to the bottom' button for adding things like flowerfalls that you want to be on the top of the outfit as soon as you add it?
yessss i would love up and down buttons!

maybe also a 'to the top' and 'to the bottom' button for adding things like flowerfalls that you want to be on the top of the outfit as soon as you add it?

FR +16

they/them

dressing service
dragon search
fc1fc9b10602728524c3b0a326e2426b.png
Ah good, I was looking for this issue so that I wouldn't have to make one for myself. A lot of the points (like just having arrow buttons as a stopgap until they update the code) were things I was going to bring up, but it looks like someone else already said it :)

Since I got my tablet, I've mostly been using it instead of my desktop for most casual stuff. Since my favourite part of FR is dressing up dragons and then making up a character to go with the outfit, not being able to slide the apparel up and down (in both the dress-a-dragon and the Dressing Room interfaces) is the main thing putting me off playing FR very much atm.
Ah good, I was looking for this issue so that I wouldn't have to make one for myself. A lot of the points (like just having arrow buttons as a stopgap until they update the code) were things I was going to bring up, but it looks like someone else already said it :)

Since I got my tablet, I've mostly been using it instead of my desktop for most casual stuff. Since my favourite part of FR is dressing up dragons and then making up a character to go with the outfit, not being able to slide the apparel up and down (in both the dress-a-dragon and the Dressing Room interfaces) is the main thing putting me off playing FR very much atm.
Professional Grump

I live for memes