Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A humble opinon on the veined gene
1 2 3 4
I love Flight Rising, I have been here since 2013 but I think an opportunity was missed here with this veined gene, honestly I think it should replace Crackle. In my own opinion it looks like a better version of crackle, the same gene, just slightly different/cleaner.

I know the developers and artists work so so hard here bringing us new content and keeping things up to date and exciting, and I truly do appreciate it and I most certainly don't want to seem ungrateful, this is only a suggestion/opinion and I certainly won't be stopping my Flight Rising shenanigans either way of course.

-With much love and respect
I love Flight Rising, I have been here since 2013 but I think an opportunity was missed here with this veined gene, honestly I think it should replace Crackle. In my own opinion it looks like a better version of crackle, the same gene, just slightly different/cleaner.

I know the developers and artists work so so hard here bringing us new content and keeping things up to date and exciting, and I truly do appreciate it and I most certainly don't want to seem ungrateful, this is only a suggestion/opinion and I certainly won't be stopping my Flight Rising shenanigans either way of course.

-With much love and respect
Is there a problem
FRIEND.gif
-Mothquake
but how about the people that like Crackle?
but how about the people that like Crackle?
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-S o l i f u g e s p a c e-
Eternal sorrow
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
>Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It
small-hourglass.png
Are you suggesting that Crackle be completely deleted? Both genes have their applications and hurts no one by having both!
Are you suggesting that Crackle be completely deleted? Both genes have their applications and hurts no one by having both!
M53linz.gif
[u]Absolutely not[/u]. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does. And asking that a gene that others like be removed/replaced in favor of the one you do when two can coexist just fine is appallingly selfish. Why should crackle cease to exist just because you don't like it? And besides, saying crackle and veined are the same is like saying that a elephant seal and a pug are the same because they both have fur. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=6&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=dae58d18477861c3bc8debf4b78211bdc43808d1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=38&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=5addb5910d742157fb72cb8cac356b255ed5a0f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] By that reasoning they should get rid of filigree too [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=21&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=93a6cc3e62770de75677957c184d4c4dfa8290e0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] It's closer than crackle to looking like veined. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING OPTIONS. Don't like crackle? Now you have an alternative. That doesn't mean people who like crackle deserve to have the gene they like removed or replaced in favor of what you like.
Absolutely not. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does. And asking that a gene that others like be removed/replaced in favor of the one you do when two can coexist just fine is appallingly selfish. Why should crackle cease to exist just because you don't like it?
And besides, saying crackle and veined are the same is like saying that a elephant seal and a pug are the same because they both have fur.

dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=6&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=dae58d18477861c3bc8debf4b78211bdc43808d1&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=38&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=5addb5910d742157fb72cb8cac356b255ed5a0f7&dummyext=prev.png
By that reasoning they should get rid of filigree too
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=40&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=21&winggene=24&wings=122&auth=93a6cc3e62770de75677957c184d4c4dfa8290e0&dummyext=prev.png It's closer than crackle to looking like veined.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING OPTIONS. Don't like crackle? Now you have an alternative. That doesn't mean people who like crackle deserve to have the gene they like removed or replaced in favor of what you like.
What? How would removing an already implemented gene be an improvement for anything, even disregarding all the people that love crackle?
What? How would removing an already implemented gene be an improvement for anything, even disregarding all the people that love crackle?
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
I don't even understand the idea that they missed an opportunity since they didn't replace a gene. How does the site having crackle affect you? You can use veined instead of crackle if you want it, so why would you want to replace it, thus making it so that players who like crackle no longer can use it?

I just can't understand the OP. A missed opportunity would have been if they HAD replaced crackle instead of allowing both genes to exist side by side as they have done now.
I don't even understand the idea that they missed an opportunity since they didn't replace a gene. How does the site having crackle affect you? You can use veined instead of crackle if you want it, so why would you want to replace it, thus making it so that players who like crackle no longer can use it?

I just can't understand the OP. A missed opportunity would have been if they HAD replaced crackle instead of allowing both genes to exist side by side as they have done now.
Join Sylestia Today!

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
13268166.png Want a Sex Change Scroll?
Read THIS!
Want Hybrid Dragons?
Read THIS!
Want Mutations when Hatching?
Read THIS!
Don't like Unnamed Dragons?
Read THIS!
14318365.png
[quote name="@Jemadar" date="2019-11-08 15:34:37" ] I just can't understand the OP. A missed opportunity would have been if they HAD replaced crackle instead of allowing both genes to exist side by side as they have done now. [/quote] It read to me like OP essentially wanted free gene changes to Veined for all dragons currently with Crackle. That would be the only reason why "replacing" one gene with another would be necessary.
@Jemadar wrote on 2019-11-08 15:34:37:

It read to me like OP essentially wanted free gene changes to Veined for all dragons currently with Crackle. That would be the only reason why "replacing" one gene with another would be necessary.
@PersimmonBird

Thank you, I honestly couldn't really figure out exactly why they wanted crackle to be changed to veined instead of having it as a separate gene.

However, that does make sense. BUT, if my few dragons who had crackle were suddenly replaced by dragons with veined I would be a tad bit upset.
@PersimmonBird

Thank you, I honestly couldn't really figure out exactly why they wanted crackle to be changed to veined instead of having it as a separate gene.

However, that does make sense. BUT, if my few dragons who had crackle were suddenly replaced by dragons with veined I would be a tad bit upset.
Join Sylestia Today!

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
13268166.png Want a Sex Change Scroll?
Read THIS!
Want Hybrid Dragons?
Read THIS!
Want Mutations when Hatching?
Read THIS!
Don't like Unnamed Dragons?
Read THIS!
14318365.png
no support; completely eliminating a gene simply because you don't personally enjoy it is not remotely fair to those who like crackle while i'm personally not a fan of crackle myself, i do have one dragon with it who absolutely would not look the same if i were to replace her crackle with veined [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5871584] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/58716/5871584_350.png[/img] [/url] vs [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=278825&skin=22268&apparel=942,295,9222&xt=dressing.png[/img] i heavily prefer how she looks with crackle; the veined just gets lost underneath her skin for the most part, and it doesnt have the same effect whatsoever. i would hate it if crackle were deleted simply because veined is a more subtle version of it veined exists for those who don't like crackle and crackle existing isn't harmful in any way; if it ain't broke, don't fix it
no support; completely eliminating a gene simply because you don't personally enjoy it is not remotely fair to those who like crackle

while i'm personally not a fan of crackle myself, i do have one dragon with it who absolutely would not look the same if i were to replace her crackle with veined

5871584_350.png

vs

scry?sdid=278825&skin=22268&apparel=942,295,9222&xt=dressing.png

i heavily prefer how she looks with crackle; the veined just gets lost underneath her skin for the most part, and it doesnt have the same effect whatsoever. i would hate it if crackle were deleted simply because veined is a more subtle version of it

veined exists for those who don't like crackle and crackle existing isn't harmful in any way; if it ain't broke, don't fix it
tumblr_pz6wb6sjt91yvnqapo1_400.gif
The problem is it doesn't look anything like crackle, or do even remotely similar things to dragons. They're completely different it almost every way. Half our stripe or spot genes are closer to each other than crackle is to veined. Crackle is an all-over focal point gene Veined is a minimalist accent gene Here's how one of my crackle dragons would change. [img]https://imgur.com/1MONToC.png[/img] These might as well be completely different dragons. Crackle and veined fill different roles and work on different dragons. Replacing one with the other would ruin most of the dragons you did it to, no matter which way you went, because those dragons were made with the opposite look in mind. Cackle to veined would leave dragons bare and boring. Veined to crackle would leave dragons busy and overdone. Having both is great, and they aren't interchangeable.
The problem is it doesn't look anything like crackle, or do even remotely similar things to dragons. They're completely different it almost every way. Half our stripe or spot genes are closer to each other than crackle is to veined.

Crackle is an all-over focal point gene
Veined is a minimalist accent gene

Here's how one of my crackle dragons would change.
1MONToC.png
These might as well be completely different dragons.

Crackle and veined fill different roles and work on different dragons. Replacing one with the other would ruin most of the dragons you did it to, no matter which way you went, because those dragons were made with the opposite look in mind. Cackle to veined would leave dragons bare and boring. Veined to crackle would leave dragons busy and overdone.

Having both is great, and they aren't interchangeable.
fHTzUAH.gif
1 2 3 4