Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mahjong: Don't highlight playable tiles
1 2 3
As someone already familiar with the game and adept at knowing which tiles I can play or not, the highlighting of playable tiles really trips me up. I find it difficult to pay attention to the shaded tiles and have trouble immediately recognizing them as a match with a highlighted tile due to the different color.

Perhaps the playable tiles could only be highlighted for the first few plays, or else an option for turning the highlighter on and off could be implemented.

I'd also like to see an undo button and an indicator showing how many possible matches are on the board at any given time.
As someone already familiar with the game and adept at knowing which tiles I can play or not, the highlighting of playable tiles really trips me up. I find it difficult to pay attention to the shaded tiles and have trouble immediately recognizing them as a match with a highlighted tile due to the different color.

Perhaps the playable tiles could only be highlighted for the first few plays, or else an option for turning the highlighter on and off could be implemented.

I'd also like to see an undo button and an indicator showing how many possible matches are on the board at any given time.
If there's going to be a removal of highlighting, it definitely needs to be optional. Would not like to lose it, personally, I find it hard to tell what's playable visually otherwise
If there's going to be a removal of highlighting, it definitely needs to be optional. Would not like to lose it, personally, I find it hard to tell what's playable visually otherwise
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I agree that this should be an optional change. Especially with the way the tiles are currently rendered, it can be pretty hard to see the tiles in the top rows on some designs. Not having the highlighting in that case would make it a lot harder for me to notice those tiles and recognize them as playable.
I agree that this should be an optional change. Especially with the way the tiles are currently rendered, it can be pretty hard to see the tiles in the top rows on some designs. Not having the highlighting in that case would make it a lot harder for me to notice those tiles and recognize them as playable.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
With the perspective provided, I would have a difficult time telling tile heights apart otherwise; currently some highlighted tiles look right next to each other and I wouldn't have thought they were playable. So I would support this only as an optional change.
With the perspective provided, I would have a difficult time telling tile heights apart otherwise; currently some highlighted tiles look right next to each other and I wouldn't have thought they were playable. So I would support this only as an optional change.
As someone with trouble focusing on repetitive patterns, the highlighting is a HUGE help to me, and my favorite thing about this rendition of Mahjong.

That being said, I would definitely support it being optional, but would also like to see the height distinction made clearer in the game, so that things are just easier to distinguish in general.
As someone with trouble focusing on repetitive patterns, the highlighting is a HUGE help to me, and my favorite thing about this rendition of Mahjong.

That being said, I would definitely support it being optional, but would also like to see the height distinction made clearer in the game, so that things are just easier to distinguish in general.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
I like the highlights. As said above, they help with when different rows appear to be connected. This would HAVE to be optional.
I like the highlights. As said above, they help with when different rows appear to be connected. This would HAVE to be optional.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
The only problem that I see with the highlight/shading of the tiles is the fact that the depth/height difference between the layers of tiles isn't all that clear due to the way that it's set up.

Otherwise, I agree with the above.
The only problem that I see with the highlight/shading of the tiles is the fact that the depth/height difference between the layers of tiles isn't all that clear due to the way that it's set up.

Otherwise, I agree with the above.
Cheers
I think the best suggestion to have a toggle to turn this feature on and off. For seasoned players it is super unnecessary, (totally threw me off at first too!) but for those just learning Mahjong, it can be useful.
I think the best suggestion to have a toggle to turn this feature on and off. For seasoned players it is super unnecessary, (totally threw me off at first too!) but for those just learning Mahjong, it can be useful.
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
Honestly I am ALSO a seasoned Mahjong player, but I do have trouble focusing on repetitive patterns, and it really helps my eyes. It's not just for newbies!
Honestly I am ALSO a seasoned Mahjong player, but I do have trouble focusing on repetitive patterns, and it really helps my eyes. It's not just for newbies!
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
I would prefer it be optional if it was changed. It helps me play more smoothly.
I would prefer it be optional if it was changed. It helps me play more smoothly.
1 2 3