Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sleeping pose for hibden dragons
1 2 3 4
This seems like it'd be an extremely neat feature! However, as others have mentioned, apparel and accents wouldn't be very compatible with them, and those can mean a lot to people (I personally wouldn't mind that stuff not being visible with various poses). There's also the issue of the lack of quality in regards to art as of late (chitinous armor having major clipping issues that still haven't been resolved) that should take priority over flavor stuff like this. Despite that, new purchasable poses would be a great addition to making a lair look fresh and different, and I hope this can be added at some point where art direction is more seriously considered [emoji=guardian laughing size=2]
This seems like it'd be an extremely neat feature! However, as others have mentioned, apparel and accents wouldn't be very compatible with them, and those can mean a lot to people (I personally wouldn't mind that stuff not being visible with various poses). There's also the issue of the lack of quality in regards to art as of late (chitinous armor having major clipping issues that still haven't been resolved) that should take priority over flavor stuff like this.

Despite that, new purchasable poses would be a great addition to making a lair look fresh and different, and I hope this can be added at some point where art direction is more seriously considered
Check out my YCH thread HERE!

591.png
Strong no support, even as an "optional" thing (though if it were optional I at least wouldn't be actively upset by it):

This would be hugely burdensome on:

(1)
[if it weren't optional] people who like apparel and accents: My dragons' outfits are very important to my self-expression on this site. Even when I'm "retiring" a dragon from my main lair, I don't want to toss everything I've done to personalize them out the window.

(2)
[if it weren't optional] people who use the den for their perma dragons: I've seen many users who prefer to use the den for their actual permas. We shouldn't campaign for features that would actually limit how existing features can be used!

(3)
the FR art team: a new pose is equivalent to half the work of an entirely new breed. This is why, even as an optional thing, I'd disapprove of that kind of effort being put towards something niche rather than an actual new breed.
Strong no support, even as an "optional" thing (though if it were optional I at least wouldn't be actively upset by it):

This would be hugely burdensome on:

(1)
[if it weren't optional] people who like apparel and accents: My dragons' outfits are very important to my self-expression on this site. Even when I'm "retiring" a dragon from my main lair, I don't want to toss everything I've done to personalize them out the window.

(2)
[if it weren't optional] people who use the den for their perma dragons: I've seen many users who prefer to use the den for their actual permas. We shouldn't campaign for features that would actually limit how existing features can be used!

(3)
the FR art team: a new pose is equivalent to half the work of an entirely new breed. This is why, even as an optional thing, I'd disapprove of that kind of effort being put towards something niche rather than an actual new breed.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
no for all the reasons stated, but i wouldn't be opposed to a HibDen specific standard scene (the super faded default one which is usually flight specific)
no for all the reasons stated, but i wouldn't be opposed to a HibDen specific standard scene (the super faded default one which is usually flight specific)
2.gif
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2019-08-29 22:23:57" ] No support unless it's opt-in and you buy a scroll, it doesn't automatically happen with HD dragons. Most of my permanent residents are IN my den so I can have more space than what my lair allows AND don't have to feed them, they're not actually "sleeping" in my clan lore, and I'd rather not their poses be suddenly changed or have their skins/accents removed, apparel hanging differently, etc. And while opt-in with a purchasable scroll is a cute idea, I'd rather see new breeds, fixes to gene and apparel errors, and other quality of life updates that are sorely needed. [/quote] All of this. My dragons aren't sleeping, it's just another place to put them, and artist time is limited.
JonSnOwO wrote on 2019-08-29 22:23:57:
No support unless it's opt-in and you buy a scroll, it doesn't automatically happen with HD dragons. Most of my permanent residents are IN my den so I can have more space than what my lair allows AND don't have to feed them, they're not actually "sleeping" in my clan lore, and I'd rather not their poses be suddenly changed or have their skins/accents removed, apparel hanging differently, etc.

And while opt-in with a purchasable scroll is a cute idea, I'd rather see new breeds, fixes to gene and apparel errors, and other quality of life updates that are sorely needed.
All of this. My dragons aren't sleeping, it's just another place to put them, and artist time is limited.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
Not unless it's optional. I use my Hibernal Den as a way to store permas without having to run through food hand over fist, not as whatever site lore about sleeping is attached. If I have to suddenly have a new pose I don't necessarily like--or worse, the change doesn't give me the visual effect I was originally aiming at anymore, because some of my dragons are like that--I'm gonna be a very unhappy player. So I can't support this at all.
Not unless it's optional. I use my Hibernal Den as a way to store permas without having to run through food hand over fist, not as whatever site lore about sleeping is attached. If I have to suddenly have a new pose I don't necessarily like--or worse, the change doesn't give me the visual effect I was originally aiming at anymore, because some of my dragons are like that--I'm gonna be a very unhappy player. So I can't support this at all.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
No support not even if it's optional. I believe it's too much work for something, like Tuberose said, so niche. That work could be used somewhere else (World map, new breeds/apparel/genes/fams etc).
No support not even if it's optional. I believe it's too much work for something, like Tuberose said, so niche. That work could be used somewhere else (World map, new breeds/apparel/genes/fams etc).
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
Wouldn't mind some sleepy apparel though, like a nice warm blanket or three or a sleep mask or something. Then people can use it or not with their own lore and it could be more widely used.
Also kinda in love with the idea of a sleepy mire flyer or something
Wouldn't mind some sleepy apparel though, like a nice warm blanket or three or a sleep mask or something. Then people can use it or not with their own lore and it could be more widely used.
Also kinda in love with the idea of a sleepy mire flyer or something
wq9PoXA.png
That would be so adorable! I would honestly rather see fresh new poses than apparel. Though the workload could be made lighter by having just one adult pose and one hatchling pose instead of two adult poses. Support!
That would be so adorable! I would honestly rather see fresh new poses than apparel. Though the workload could be made lighter by having just one adult pose and one hatchling pose instead of two adult poses. Support!
1 2 3 4