Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sleeping pose for hibden dragons
1 2 3 4
[quote name="ChasingAndromeda" date="2019-08-31 18:28:06" ] Yeah I totally don't know why I didn't think to introduce an _optional_ thing. I totally agree it should be optional, so players don't have to actually see that art at all if they don't want to. Just don't even know why I didn't list it. [/quote] Dont' worry, it can be VERY easy to leave out bits and pieces (sometimes very important bits and pieces... I have done that before many times) of ideas when trying to get them down.
ChasingAndromeda wrote on 2019-08-31 18:28:06:
Yeah I totally don't know why I didn't think to introduce an _optional_ thing. I totally agree it should be optional, so players don't have to actually see that art at all if they don't want to. Just don't even know why I didn't list it.
Dont' worry, it can be VERY easy to leave out bits and pieces (sometimes very important bits and pieces... I have done that before many times) of ideas when trying to get them down.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't see the dragons in my den as sleeping. I put my collection of gen 1s in there as a showcase of my hard work and safeguard against accidental breeding, so I don't support an automatic pose change upon putting dragons in the den. However, if there was a pose change scroll that offered a sleeping pose option for people that wanted sleeping dragons, I wouldn't be against that if it was feasible to do in the future.
I don't see the dragons in my den as sleeping. I put my collection of gen 1s in there as a showcase of my hard work and safeguard against accidental breeding, so I don't support an automatic pose change upon putting dragons in the den. However, if there was a pose change scroll that offered a sleeping pose option for people that wanted sleeping dragons, I wouldn't be against that if it was feasible to do in the future.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Something like a pose change scroll to make a dragon look like it was sleeping could be cute.

As others have said, it's a lot of new art. This would add a massive workload to the dragon artists so I'd doubt it'll happen. But I could get behind the idea, even if it is a long way off being possible at the moment.
Something like a pose change scroll to make a dragon look like it was sleeping could be cute.

As others have said, it's a lot of new art. This would add a massive workload to the dragon artists so I'd doubt it'll happen. But I could get behind the idea, even if it is a long way off being possible at the moment.
Cinus_small.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2019-08-29 21:26:42" ] I'd much rather see the art team's efforts being put towards new apparel and breeds, as they are now, rather than either a) redirecting resources to draw new poses or b) having to hire new artists. [/quote] Agreed, the idea is nice, but is ultimately just a minor aesthetic change that adds nothing to FR. In addition, I can see skins being a problem.
SeaCrest wrote on 2019-08-29 21:26:42:
I'd much rather see the art team's efforts being put towards new apparel and breeds, as they are now, rather than either a) redirecting resources to draw new poses or b) having to hire new artists.

Agreed, the idea is nice, but is ultimately just a minor aesthetic change that adds nothing to FR.

In addition, I can see skins being a problem.
Tn4aWhc.png
Unfortunately for me, I use the den not because I WANT my dragons to be sleeping, but because I just want space for more dragons and no WAY could my lair handle all that.

So like, if they were sleeping, all those cool Primal eyes wouldn't show, and the den is where I HAVE most of my Primal dragons right now :/
Unfortunately for me, I use the den not because I WANT my dragons to be sleeping, but because I just want space for more dragons and no WAY could my lair handle all that.

So like, if they were sleeping, all those cool Primal eyes wouldn't show, and the den is where I HAVE most of my Primal dragons right now :/
[quote name="JonSnOwO" date="2019-08-29 22:23:57" ] No support unless it's opt-in and you buy a scroll, it doesn't automatically happen with HD dragons. Most of my permanent residents are IN my den so I can have more space than what my lair allows AND don't have to feed them, they're not actually "sleeping" in my clan lore, and I'd rather not their poses be suddenly changed or have their skins/accents removed, apparel hanging differently, etc. And while opt-in with a purchasable scroll is a cute idea, I'd rather see new breeds, fixes to gene and apparel errors, and other quality of life updates that are sorely needed. [/quote] Pretty much this, none of the dragons I have in my Hibden are sleeping lore-wise, I just use it as a way of separating dragons I don't plan on breeding or ones that need Genes/mates from my main lair. Having a scroll or something would be the best option so for people who have actual sleeping dragons, they have a way of showing it. I don't really see this is happening, though, since either a) the artists would need to redo every single piece of Apparel, every Skin and Accent, and every Gene to fit sleeping dragon poses, or b) sleeping dragons wouldn't be able to have Skins/Accents or Apparel, and no Genes either unless the artists decided redoing every Gene for a sleeping pose wouldn't be too much of a strain (but considering the number of Breeds and Genes, that would probably be a pretty big drain on resources). I think your best bet for art of sleeping dragons would be seeing if anyone on the site could make that sort of art for your dergs.
JonSnOwO wrote on 2019-08-29 22:23:57:
No support unless it's opt-in and you buy a scroll, it doesn't automatically happen with HD dragons. Most of my permanent residents are IN my den so I can have more space than what my lair allows AND don't have to feed them, they're not actually "sleeping" in my clan lore, and I'd rather not their poses be suddenly changed or have their skins/accents removed, apparel hanging differently, etc.

And while opt-in with a purchasable scroll is a cute idea, I'd rather see new breeds, fixes to gene and apparel errors, and other quality of life updates that are sorely needed.

Pretty much this, none of the dragons I have in my Hibden are sleeping lore-wise, I just use it as a way of separating dragons I don't plan on breeding or ones that need Genes/mates from my main lair. Having a scroll or something would be the best option so for people who have actual sleeping dragons, they have a way of showing it.

I don't really see this is happening, though, since either a) the artists would need to redo every single piece of Apparel, every Skin and Accent, and every Gene to fit sleeping dragon poses, or b) sleeping dragons wouldn't be able to have Skins/Accents or Apparel, and no Genes either unless the artists decided redoing every Gene for a sleeping pose wouldn't be too much of a strain (but considering the number of Breeds and Genes, that would probably be a pretty big drain on resources).

I think your best bet for art of sleeping dragons would be seeing if anyone on the site could make that sort of art for your dergs.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
I only support a greyed out image of a sleeping pose but not a fully colored piece.
I only support a greyed out image of a sleeping pose but not a fully colored piece.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2019-08-29 21:33:17" ] Closed eyes are much less intrusive even though it means redoing the artwork three times for every breed of dragon. Little z's are culturally specific so I'd suggest not on that one. [/quote] Y'know what would be kinda cool tho? Little z's, little "snot bubbles," and other visual signifiers of "is sleeping" as apparel items. So folks who want their hibernating dragons to appear to be sleeping can apply them if they want.
Nightwind wrote on 2019-08-29 21:33:17:
Closed eyes are much less intrusive even though it means redoing the artwork three times for every breed of dragon. Little z's are culturally specific so I'd suggest not on that one.

Y'know what would be kinda cool tho? Little z's, little "snot bubbles," and other visual signifiers of "is sleeping" as apparel items. So folks who want their hibernating dragons to appear to be sleeping can apply them if they want.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Elai" date="2021-01-27 12:01:46" ] I think your best bet for art of sleeping dragons would be seeing if anyone on the site could make that sort of art for your dergs. [/quote] Skyflu runs a Lullaby Dragons shop but last time I checked was on hiatus. But this is an example of their work, which uses one of my dragons: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35069683] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1OwDPRh.gif[/img][/url] IMO, that's probably a nicer sleeping position than whatever we would get for the HD, not to sneeze at the artists who do the official art, but if we got a sleeping pose that doesn't guarantee everyone would like it, whereas the nice thing about art is that it is more customizable.
Elai wrote on 2021-01-27 12:01:46:
I think your best bet for art of sleeping dragons would be seeing if anyone on the site could make that sort of art for your dergs.

Skyflu runs a Lullaby Dragons shop but last time I checked was on hiatus.

But this is an example of their work, which uses one of my dragons:

1OwDPRh.gif

IMO, that's probably a nicer sleeping position than whatever we would get for the HD, not to sneeze at the artists who do the official art, but if we got a sleeping pose that doesn't guarantee everyone would like it, whereas the nice thing about art is that it is more customizable.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
The dragons in my den aren't asleep for me, theyre completed or waiting to be cycled out to be completed. I just cant afford to feed 327 dragons.

I definitely wouldnt want this for all den dragons, opt in or not, as itd be a hassle, but I really wouldn't mind new poses you could purchase, including sleeping poses. Itd be a lot of work due to apparel, but so long as its a purchasable aesthetic I think itd be nice. (I dont want this taking away from new breeds though so if they have to sacrifice apparel or release apparel over time that works with new poses id be fine with that. Since apparel is what takes the time and staff has said genes are quicker, ideally cutting out apparel wouldn't take away from too much.)

Also id suggest having sleeping eyes. Then you can have dragons laying down with this pose and be awake, or resting, or primal eyes, or you can make them sleep with a vial from the marketplace.

Definitely not a priority, but I think new poses like this could be used as a nice treasure sink. I pay for Eternal Youth scrolls I cant put apparel on because certain colors and patterns have better ratios on the hatchling art. Id definitely pay for the same thing for other new poses, and it would add more noticeable variation in the lair.
The dragons in my den aren't asleep for me, theyre completed or waiting to be cycled out to be completed. I just cant afford to feed 327 dragons.

I definitely wouldnt want this for all den dragons, opt in or not, as itd be a hassle, but I really wouldn't mind new poses you could purchase, including sleeping poses. Itd be a lot of work due to apparel, but so long as its a purchasable aesthetic I think itd be nice. (I dont want this taking away from new breeds though so if they have to sacrifice apparel or release apparel over time that works with new poses id be fine with that. Since apparel is what takes the time and staff has said genes are quicker, ideally cutting out apparel wouldn't take away from too much.)

Also id suggest having sleeping eyes. Then you can have dragons laying down with this pose and be awake, or resting, or primal eyes, or you can make them sleep with a vial from the marketplace.

Definitely not a priority, but I think new poses like this could be used as a nice treasure sink. I pay for Eternal Youth scrolls I cant put apparel on because certain colors and patterns have better ratios on the hatchling art. Id definitely pay for the same thing for other new poses, and it would add more noticeable variation in the lair.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
1 2 3 4