Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alternative Methods for Eyes
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 167 168
[quote]Any way of having more control of the eyes, I will support. Scattervials back in coli for a short duration every anniversary? Sure. Scattervials sold in the gem MP like scatterscrolls? Sure. Different eye vials (Uncommon, Faceted, Goat, etc) obtainable via exalt/adventure mode/swipp/baldwin/whatever? Also sure. Just something. This 'nothing' was a bad choice, and I'm honestly surprised the staff didn't see the issue before release. Maybe I'm just extra salty since I'm new, and eye types are still a new thing for me. I miss the simple days, before the different eyes...[/quote] It's this pretty much. And since new users are coming out, it's worth repeating that while Galore helped a tiny bit with his two goat vials, it's not a good solution as all new users are now cut out from Goat.
Quote:
Any way of having more control of the eyes, I will support. Scattervials back in coli for a short duration every anniversary? Sure. Scattervials sold in the gem MP like scatterscrolls? Sure. Different eye vials (Uncommon, Faceted, Goat, etc) obtainable via exalt/adventure mode/swipp/baldwin/whatever? Also sure. Just something. This 'nothing' was a bad choice, and I'm honestly surprised the staff didn't see the issue before release. Maybe I'm just extra salty since I'm new, and eye types are still a new thing for me. I miss the simple days, before the different eyes...

It's this pretty much.

And since new users are coming out, it's worth repeating that while Galore helped a tiny bit with his two goat vials, it's not a good solution as all new users are now cut out from Goat.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2020-05-10 11:24:26" ] After years of breeding various dragons, I hatched my first Primal from a nest today! ... it was on a fodder baby, and the eyes didn’t match at all (Moon Poison/Smoke Bee/Smoke Contour with Fire Primal). If there was a way to transfer an eye type from one dragon to another, this would’ve been very exciting, but I was honestly just kinda disappointed. :( I didn’t get a “special and valuable” feeling from the hatch like we’re apparently supposed to. I also hatched Goat eyes (that don’t match) on a random nest today, too, but that wasn’t exciting either since... it was also a fodder/colour project nest. Eye types are either frustrating (if I’m breeding for a certain tint- not even the special eye types!) or just a “huh, I guess that’s neat” thing right now. I’m still in full support of some type of way to give dragons different Natural eye types. ;; [/quote] Congrats on the hatch! Though I've felt the same emotion myself several times. I get spiffy eyes on a fodder, while all my 5+ year old dragons go without. There's no excitement, just disappointment.
Ningyo wrote on 2020-05-10 11:24:26:
After years of breeding various dragons, I hatched my first Primal from a nest today!

... it was on a fodder baby, and the eyes didn’t match at all (Moon Poison/Smoke Bee/Smoke Contour with Fire Primal).

If there was a way to transfer an eye type from one dragon to another, this would’ve been very exciting, but I was honestly just kinda disappointed. :( I didn’t get a “special and valuable” feeling from the hatch like we’re apparently supposed to. I also hatched Goat eyes (that don’t match) on a random nest today, too, but that wasn’t exciting either since... it was also a fodder/colour project nest.

Eye types are either frustrating (if I’m breeding for a certain tint- not even the special eye types!) or just a “huh, I guess that’s neat” thing right now. I’m still in full support of some type of way to give dragons different Natural eye types. ;;
Congrats on the hatch!

Though I've felt the same emotion myself several times. I get spiffy eyes on a fodder, while all my 5+ year old dragons go without. There's no excitement, just disappointment.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
So I've been able to breed more lately, and while I haven't hatched anything too crazy yet, I did hatch a baby with rare plague eyes, thankfully they don't look too bad on her. But I still don't feel like I hatched something "unique" or "special" I just feel...meh about it
So I've been able to breed more lately, and while I haven't hatched anything too crazy yet, I did hatch a baby with rare plague eyes, thankfully they don't look too bad on her. But I still don't feel like I hatched something "unique" or "special" I just feel...meh about it
DVcXRyP.png
I just hatched a primal today, and while I am happy since he made me lots of cash (he had matching colours and genes) I would much rather have gotten special eye types on dragons I am breeding for myself, rather than pairs I breed for fodder or sales.
I just hatched a primal today, and while I am happy since he made me lots of cash (he had matching colours and genes) I would much rather have gotten special eye types on dragons I am breeding for myself, rather than pairs I breed for fodder or sales.
jCVhFoZ.gif
oh god, please. I desperately need this to happen.
oh god, please. I desperately need this to happen.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
Dang, I really need this too! Having no control over a dragon's eyes is hella annoying.
Dang, I really need this too! Having no control over a dragon's eyes is hella annoying.
Well, the new Coli venue introduced freaky eye familiars - maybe they could be tied into this somehow? I don't think a Swipp trade for them or the items they drop would be too far-fetched.
(I'm only being half-serious, but still. Please, some way to get the eye types on preexisting dragons?)
Well, the new Coli venue introduced freaky eye familiars - maybe they could be tied into this somehow? I don't think a Swipp trade for them or the items they drop would be too far-fetched.
(I'm only being half-serious, but still. Please, some way to get the eye types on preexisting dragons?)
BEPjgXW.png
Still supporting this. ;_; At least some way to get the tints, since changing the hue of a dragon’s eyes (rather slightly, in some cases- Nature Common and Uncommon are pretty similar) shouldn’t be locked behind the RNG of limited scatterscrolls that sell for ~500g each. Uncommon/Unusual/Rare eyes are not “special” or even remotely valuable; the tints have all been fodder-priced since they came out.
Still supporting this. ;_; At least some way to get the tints, since changing the hue of a dragon’s eyes (rather slightly, in some cases- Nature Common and Uncommon are pretty similar) shouldn’t be locked behind the RNG of limited scatterscrolls that sell for ~500g each. Uncommon/Unusual/Rare eyes are not “special” or even remotely valuable; the tints have all been fodder-priced since they came out.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Chiming in to support once again with the following stark caveat:

I have pretty much stopped playing Flight Rising over this.

I keep half an eye on the site's social media and sign in for Galore and to poke around new features occasionally, but with the continued lack of ability to fully customize my dragons on this dragon customization game, I have found that I haven't missed the game too much. There are ways to spend my free time that don't feel like wasting my time with a central gambling mechanic.

This is coming from someone who started in 2014 and used to buy gems monthly. This is coming from someone who used to use the Coli to occupy their hands while watching shows, because it's just that right mixture of mindless and engaging. This is coming from someone who's written extensive lore about their dragons and loves going on absurd white-whale breeding challlenges.

This is coming from someone who loves pet games and loves dragons and finds Flight Rising to be, aside from the eye debacle, their absolute favourite pet game ever.

So, yeah. I was hoping the seventh anniversary would address this, and the dragon backgrounds are cool, naming Familiars is cool and I named a few that already had lore names, and I appreciate all the hard work that went into these new features... but I'm probably just going to log off again and go back to Animal Crossing.
Chiming in to support once again with the following stark caveat:

I have pretty much stopped playing Flight Rising over this.

I keep half an eye on the site's social media and sign in for Galore and to poke around new features occasionally, but with the continued lack of ability to fully customize my dragons on this dragon customization game, I have found that I haven't missed the game too much. There are ways to spend my free time that don't feel like wasting my time with a central gambling mechanic.

This is coming from someone who started in 2014 and used to buy gems monthly. This is coming from someone who used to use the Coli to occupy their hands while watching shows, because it's just that right mixture of mindless and engaging. This is coming from someone who's written extensive lore about their dragons and loves going on absurd white-whale breeding challlenges.

This is coming from someone who loves pet games and loves dragons and finds Flight Rising to be, aside from the eye debacle, their absolute favourite pet game ever.

So, yeah. I was hoping the seventh anniversary would address this, and the dragon backgrounds are cool, naming Familiars is cool and I named a few that already had lore names, and I appreciate all the hard work that went into these new features... but I'm probably just going to log off again and go back to Animal Crossing.
jtgoRWq.png
With another Anniversary going by that doesn't adress the eye-isssue, I'm once again throwing out my support for ways to obtain the (as of now) breeding-locked eye types for already existing dragongs outside of scatter vials.
I love the new features this anniversary has brought us and I deeply appreciate the thought and work that went into them. But please, staff, this would have been a great opportunity to implement something that gave us something we've been longing for for years now...
With another Anniversary going by that doesn't adress the eye-isssue, I'm once again throwing out my support for ways to obtain the (as of now) breeding-locked eye types for already existing dragongs outside of scatter vials.
I love the new features this anniversary has brought us and I deeply appreciate the thought and work that went into them. But please, staff, this would have been a great opportunity to implement something that gave us something we've been longing for for years now...
6CVg72d.png
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 167 168