Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight Rising ‘Dark mode’
1 2
I personally don’t have issues with the site colors and the brightness it’s self but it has come to my attention that many can’t stand the brightness of the site, causing migraines for some. So a setting that can enable the site to be a light/dark grey or something would be nice for player like those. If it can’t be done as a setting perhaps make your own chrome extension that applies this dark mode feature that’ll ensure any concerns with extensions won’t be present as you will have created it yourself. (When I refer to ‘you’ in the extendtion part of things I’m refer to FR staff)
I personally don’t have issues with the site colors and the brightness it’s self but it has come to my attention that many can’t stand the brightness of the site, causing migraines for some. So a setting that can enable the site to be a light/dark grey or something would be nice for player like those. If it can’t be done as a setting perhaps make your own chrome extension that applies this dark mode feature that’ll ensure any concerns with extensions won’t be present as you will have created it yourself. (When I refer to ‘you’ in the extendtion part of things I’m refer to FR staff)
mkX9pzq.png
Support. Although I'm not sure if this will ever get done. It's probably a ton of work to do that. (Although I know nothing on this subject so idk) It would be helpful and easier on my eyes and others if it is possible.
Support. Although I'm not sure if this will ever get done. It's probably a ton of work to do that. (Although I know nothing on this subject so idk) It would be helpful and easier on my eyes and others if it is possible.
Redd | EST / FR+3 | About Me
dragoncave | Chicken Smoothie
I will always support this. It would be awesome if FR had different themes we could buy and earn. I dislike the CHERRY PEPPER RED in my face all the time.
I will always support this. It would be awesome if FR had different themes we could buy and earn. I dislike the CHERRY PEPPER RED in my face all the time.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support, it hurts my eyes and it would definitely benefit everyone.
Support, it hurts my eyes and it would definitely benefit everyone.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
Support. Every other site I can even use Stylus to force a dark mode, but I'd rather not get banned here for trying not to burn my eyes out. :(
Support. Every other site I can even use Stylus to force a dark mode, but I'd rather not get banned here for trying not to burn my eyes out. :(
banner_left2_by_mattsykun-dbncgrn.png banner_top_by_mattsykun-dblzc0q.png
bannner_mid2_by_mattsykun-dbncgfs.png
banner_bottom_by_mattsykun-dblzc0v.png
Support. I'm extremely light-sensitive and I'd honestly kill for a dark-theme, it'd make my time here way more enjoyable. It's not the worse offender, but it certainly isn't the best either.
Support. I'm extremely light-sensitive and I'd honestly kill for a dark-theme, it'd make my time here way more enjoyable. It's not the worse offender, but it certainly isn't the best either.
[quote name="CreamGravy" date="2019-03-05 19:04:59" ] Support. Every other site I can even use Stylus to force a dark mode, but I'd rather not get banned here for trying not to burn my eyes out. :( [/quote] Agreed. This rule is why we need a dark mode so badly.
CreamGravy wrote on 2019-03-05 19:04:59:
Agreed. This rule is why we need a dark mode so badly.
wq9PoXA.png
100% support!
I use dark mode on every other site that I visit. Id love to have dark mode here.
100% support!
I use dark mode on every other site that I visit. Id love to have dark mode here.
I would love a dark mode. The searing white kills my eyes and makes my keratoconjuntivitis worse.
I would love a dark mode. The searing white kills my eyes and makes my keratoconjuntivitis worse.
Support! While it's not something I would use, it's a very useful feature to have for people who want or need easier on the eyes colors [size=2](I swear that the devs had noticed all of the suggestions for a dark mode and made a comment about how it's not possible at the moment somewhere? I think it had something to do with the code base and how images were displayed and that they planned on adding it at some point after the refactor?)[/size] Edit: Found the quote from the devs, this is what Aequorin had to say about it [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020" ] Good question! As you noted, the site rebuild has to be completed first before we can address any suggestions like themes or dark mode. In the interest of transparency, we should let you know that there are complications with much of the artwork used across the site with regards to dark mode, but it is something we're considering as we move forward. [/quote]
Support! While it's not something I would use, it's a very useful feature to have for people who want or need easier on the eyes colors

(I swear that the devs had noticed all of the suggestions for a dark mode and made a comment about how it's not possible at the moment somewhere? I think it had something to do with the code base and how images were displayed and that they planned on adding it at some point after the refactor?)

Edit:
Found the quote from the devs, this is what Aequorin had to say about it
Aequorin wrote on 2020:
Good question! As you noted, the site rebuild has to be completed first before we can address any suggestions like themes or dark mode. In the interest of transparency, we should let you know that there are complications with much of the artwork used across the site with regards to dark mode, but it is something we're considering as we move forward.
1 2