Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bond Awakened Fams with Bestiary + Bonus
1 2
Now hear me out.... Personally, I'd love it if familiars stayed after being awakened, then you could finally sell/boil them down. But they don't, and I don't have 700+ dragons to match all my familiars to (I have like 644 of them, but I'm sure we're going to get more). But I like looking at all of them, but hate having to pay ctrl +W tag to rebond everyone on one poor dragon in the back of my lair. I don't know how the Hibernal Den is going to work, how much space it will offer, or even if I could finally match dragon to fam in it. If I can, then put this idea way on the backburner. [b]But what if, after awakening a familiar AND keeping it, we could then bond them in the Bestiary. [/b] This is a play on the word Awakened. I'm using it in a sense of "Awakened to (something)". Our familiars are awakened to the value of being friends with dragons, fully know them and can be let off the leash, so to speak. They can do their own thing, but dragons can go and hang out with them without needing to be bonded to them to do so. A bond is pretty binding, and the familiar has no choice but to talk to the dragon it's bound to, so it's a bit forced to me, they can't "leave" until the dragon ditches them. Bonding from the Beastiary is a bit freeer semantically, and in any case, could be more lore-interesting. "But the treasure influx!" You say, well, I never said the bonding gift would be treasure. Once Per day: [u]From familiars you get in the coli:[/u] 50/50 chance of the food item they drop or the trinket they drop. [u]Treasure Marketplace Only Familiars:[/u] 50/50 chance of the 50t that you get from Awakened Familiars or a unique trinket (I want Vustel Crystals so bad!) [u]Gem Marketplace Only Familiars:[/u] 50/50 chance of 100t or a unique trinket (Scrap of Pukasloth fur, Capricat track imprints? anyone?) [u]Festival Familiars:[/u] One food item from their region per day. ex. [item=Blazing Goblin] drops [item=Carnaval Tulip] or [item=Warmouth] or any item you get from the "Indigenous Life" randomizer in the World Map. [indent][u]During their festival![/u] One elemental token Per Day, because these aren't normal animal familiars, they're the eyes/guardians/spirits of the various dragon deities ex. The Blazing Goblin would only drop 7 additional Glowing Embers over the week of the Flameforger's Festival, IF they were Awakened by then. Sound interesting and puts Awakened familiars to use?
Now hear me out....

Personally, I'd love it if familiars stayed after being awakened, then you could finally sell/boil them down. But they don't, and I don't have 700+ dragons to match all my familiars to (I have like 644 of them, but I'm sure we're going to get more). But I like looking at all of them, but hate having to pay ctrl +W tag to rebond everyone on one poor dragon in the back of my lair. I don't know how the Hibernal Den is going to work, how much space it will offer, or even if I could finally match dragon to fam in it. If I can, then put this idea way on the backburner.


But what if, after awakening a familiar AND keeping it, we could then bond them in the Bestiary.

This is a play on the word Awakened. I'm using it in a sense of "Awakened to (something)". Our familiars are awakened to the value of being friends with dragons, fully know them and can be let off the leash, so to speak. They can do their own thing, but dragons can go and hang out with them without needing to be bonded to them to do so. A bond is pretty binding, and the familiar has no choice but to talk to the dragon it's bound to, so it's a bit forced to me, they can't "leave" until the dragon ditches them. Bonding from the Beastiary is a bit freeer semantically, and in any case, could be more lore-interesting.

"But the treasure influx!" You say, well, I never said the bonding gift would be treasure.

Once Per day:

From familiars you get in the coli:
50/50 chance of the food item they drop or the trinket they drop.

Treasure Marketplace Only Familiars:
50/50 chance of the 50t that you get from Awakened Familiars or a unique trinket (I want Vustel Crystals so bad!)

Gem Marketplace Only Familiars:
50/50 chance of 100t or a unique trinket (Scrap of Pukasloth fur, Capricat track imprints? anyone?)

Festival Familiars:
One food item from their region per day.
ex. drops or or any item you get from the "Indigenous Life" randomizer in the World Map.
During their festival!
One elemental token Per Day, because these aren't normal animal familiars, they're the eyes/guardians/spirits of the various dragon deities

ex. The Blazing Goblin would only drop 7 additional Glowing Embers over the week of the Flameforger's Festival, IF they were Awakened by then.


Sound interesting and puts Awakened familiars to use?
LIKES TO GRANT WISHES:
Much easier if there's a wishlist
to be found.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut

These are some really interesting ideas. Bonding with awakened familiars is currently very boring, hence why most don't bother.

There's a lot of room to play with the ratios (maybe for coli fams, 50% chance of 50t, 30% chance of food, 20% chance of the trinket item they drop? Lower ratios for unique MP fam items? I'd also say that fest fams should also have at least 50% chance of just dropping the treasure instead of the item).

It would encourage people to get more familiars in the first place, AND put in the effort to awaken them, AND keep them afterwards.
@Amut

These are some really interesting ideas. Bonding with awakened familiars is currently very boring, hence why most don't bother.

There's a lot of room to play with the ratios (maybe for coli fams, 50% chance of 50t, 30% chance of food, 20% chance of the trinket item they drop? Lower ratios for unique MP fam items? I'd also say that fest fams should also have at least 50% chance of just dropping the treasure instead of the item).

It would encourage people to get more familiars in the first place, AND put in the effort to awaken them, AND keep them afterwards.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8

Yeah, usually when I suggest ratios it's completely as a placeholder, since the admins are the ones who decide those things anyway.

I sort of wanted the coli fams to be distinct from the MP treasure fams, even if they only had a 50% of dropping treasure, that's still a lot of treasure to collect from them. A bit too much for me to be comfortable just handing out daily. You could argue though, that the food/trinket is still effectively the same as treasure because it could still be hoardsold though, but it offers the flexibility to the player to either hoardsell, or use as food points.

So my idea was the only fams that would "reliably" drop treasure would be the smallest group type -the MP sort- because all along we're going to get new familiars and they're going to drop treasure every day until they're awakened.

Treasure MP fams would give the current 50T, but gem fams would give you 100T, to encourage buying them in the first place, which seems okay, because there aren't that many of them, compared to the coli familiars for that to make a sizeable dent or unbalance things. Not with Roundsey around now anyway....

Fest fams would only drop their flight token on their holiday. The Bubbling Goblin can't drop immaculate tablets, the Spirit of Nature can't drop magical shards. You'd only be able to get an elemental token from the right familiar during the right holiday**. The rest of the year, they'd just drop food from their region, which can then be hoardsold or AH sold, so that would still make you some treasure, without just giving the player treasure directlt. That was my logic on that distinction though.




(**This sort of ties back to when I used to chart my gatherings for the early years, and it was pretty much a given that relying on gathering alone wouldn't let someone buy 1 full set of festival items, so they were forced to go to the AH or the coli. And that was before the prices on things were raised. For the first year, you only needed about 150 tokens to buy 1 copy of everything, now it costs 190 token for 1 copy of everything.

Having a bonus 7 tokens per awakened & correct flight festival fam just seemed like a good way to counter atrocious gathering RNG, I mean, if you had all 5 fire familiars Awakened right now, that'd only come to +5 tokens per day, or 35 tokens by the end of the week, which is only enough "extra" to let you buy a single additional current fest familiar. Arguably, the system might need tweaking by anniversary 10, even though that'd just be 1 extra large apparel piece with 5 tokens left over, but it's more likely that the festival favors prices would just be hiked up long before then.)
@Lara8

Yeah, usually when I suggest ratios it's completely as a placeholder, since the admins are the ones who decide those things anyway.

I sort of wanted the coli fams to be distinct from the MP treasure fams, even if they only had a 50% of dropping treasure, that's still a lot of treasure to collect from them. A bit too much for me to be comfortable just handing out daily. You could argue though, that the food/trinket is still effectively the same as treasure because it could still be hoardsold though, but it offers the flexibility to the player to either hoardsell, or use as food points.

So my idea was the only fams that would "reliably" drop treasure would be the smallest group type -the MP sort- because all along we're going to get new familiars and they're going to drop treasure every day until they're awakened.

Treasure MP fams would give the current 50T, but gem fams would give you 100T, to encourage buying them in the first place, which seems okay, because there aren't that many of them, compared to the coli familiars for that to make a sizeable dent or unbalance things. Not with Roundsey around now anyway....

Fest fams would only drop their flight token on their holiday. The Bubbling Goblin can't drop immaculate tablets, the Spirit of Nature can't drop magical shards. You'd only be able to get an elemental token from the right familiar during the right holiday**. The rest of the year, they'd just drop food from their region, which can then be hoardsold or AH sold, so that would still make you some treasure, without just giving the player treasure directlt. That was my logic on that distinction though.




(**This sort of ties back to when I used to chart my gatherings for the early years, and it was pretty much a given that relying on gathering alone wouldn't let someone buy 1 full set of festival items, so they were forced to go to the AH or the coli. And that was before the prices on things were raised. For the first year, you only needed about 150 tokens to buy 1 copy of everything, now it costs 190 token for 1 copy of everything.

Having a bonus 7 tokens per awakened & correct flight festival fam just seemed like a good way to counter atrocious gathering RNG, I mean, if you had all 5 fire familiars Awakened right now, that'd only come to +5 tokens per day, or 35 tokens by the end of the week, which is only enough "extra" to let you buy a single additional current fest familiar. Arguably, the system might need tweaking by anniversary 10, even though that'd just be 1 extra large apparel piece with 5 tokens left over, but it's more likely that the festival favors prices would just be hiked up long before then.)
LIKES TO GRANT WISHES:
Much easier if there's a wishlist
to be found.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Just knocking this back up to the top, I want to see if anyone can spot problems with the idea. It seems fairly solid, but I'm likely too close to it..
Just knocking this back up to the top, I want to see if anyone can spot problems with the idea. It seems fairly solid, but I'm likely too close to it..
LIKES TO GRANT WISHES:
Much easier if there's a wishlist
to be found.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote]. But I like looking at all of them, but hate having to pay ctrl +W tag [/quote] @Amut What do you mean by ctrl+w? I tried this before and after bonding and that closes the page
Quote:
. But I like looking at all of them, but hate having to pay ctrl +W tag
@Amut What do you mean by ctrl+w? I tried this before and after bonding and that closes the page
♥ Iridescent ♣ Starmap ♦ Bee ♣ Petal ♥ Butterfly ♦ Shimmer
Color Range: Pastel ---> Midnight
This seems like a really clever way to make awakened familiars more worthwhile to keep and to interact with.

One thing that comes to mind is, would this still be a "click the heart" for each familiar type of thing? Because that's potentially an awful lot of clicks and little incremental mouse movements, which sounds like a nice recipe for a lot of wrist pain after a while. I'm not against the idea by any means, but a way to do it each day without inviting a repetitive stress injury would be good. Not sure how that could work, but it's worth thinking about.

This seems like a really clever way to make awakened familiars more worthwhile to keep and to interact with.

One thing that comes to mind is, would this still be a "click the heart" for each familiar type of thing? Because that's potentially an awful lot of clicks and little incremental mouse movements, which sounds like a nice recipe for a lot of wrist pain after a while. I'm not against the idea by any means, but a way to do it each day without inviting a repetitive stress injury would be good. Not sure how that could work, but it's worth thinking about.

@AvisAlbus
You open up all the dragon pages on a lair page using middle click, then after you click the bond button use ctrl-w to close the current page and jump to the next dragon. It avoids a refresh and means you don't have to move your mouse between bond button clicks.
@AvisAlbus
You open up all the dragon pages on a lair page using middle click, then after you click the bond button use ctrl-w to close the current page and jump to the next dragon. It avoids a refresh and means you don't have to move your mouse between bond button clicks.
n6zu6lh.pngPet70ut.pngJyaHTOy.png
@Vendrus Ohh I see! Thx. I just figured that out myself. I use ctrl+click though.
@Vendrus Ohh I see! Thx. I just figured that out myself. I use ctrl+click though.
♥ Iridescent ♣ Starmap ♦ Bee ♣ Petal ♥ Butterfly ♦ Shimmer
Color Range: Pastel ---> Midnight
[quote name="Amut" date="2018-10-06 21:39:27" ] Just knocking this back up to the top, I want to see if anyone can spot problems with the idea. It seems fairly solid, but I'm likely too close to it.. [/quote] @Amut A quick reminder that bumping is not allowed outside the sales forums. Thanks! :)
Amut wrote on 2018-10-06 21:39:27:
Just knocking this back up to the top, I want to see if anyone can spot problems with the idea. It seems fairly solid, but I'm likely too close to it..

@Amut A quick reminder that bumping is not allowed outside the sales forums. Thanks! :)
yeah, i admit, it almost seems pointless o go through being attached t them and then putting them away for the rest of your time here.
yeah, i admit, it almost seems pointless o go through being attached t them and then putting them away for the rest of your time here.
fuO1PHm.png
1 2