Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | So I have a problem with multi-eye.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
Support! I'm not particularly squeamish with things, but the body horror and the shadow/plague primals scares the heck out of me. I know it's not a high chance but it's definitely not something I want to be able to pop out of my nests at any given moment. It honestly has gotten me nervous to the point to where I don't want to hatch my nests or eggs anymore :/
And if i'm going to be honest I really don't think staff will do something about it. They don't seem to care about how things affects their userbases eyes and other things soo...
Support! I'm not particularly squeamish with things, but the body horror and the shadow/plague primals scares the heck out of me. I know it's not a high chance but it's definitely not something I want to be able to pop out of my nests at any given moment. It honestly has gotten me nervous to the point to where I don't want to hatch my nests or eggs anymore :/
And if i'm going to be honest I really don't think staff will do something about it. They don't seem to care about how things affects their userbases eyes and other things soo...
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I like the randomness of it...

Would rather an item that removes the possibility of RNG eyes from a breeding, or a toggleable account option. Just one big button that turns off all RNG eyes from breeding for that account. There, problem solved.
I like the randomness of it...

Would rather an item that removes the possibility of RNG eyes from a breeding, or a toggleable account option. Just one big button that turns off all RNG eyes from breeding for that account. There, problem solved.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
No support. I understand some people can be spooked by such designs, but everyone is turned off by something - should we ban spider familiars for the sake of people with arachnophobia? Of course not, that's ridiculous.

However I agree that we'd need a scroll to revert the eyes back to normal, and really, it would be fun if all the eyes worked like genes and we could scroll any of them.
No support. I understand some people can be spooked by such designs, but everyone is turned off by something - should we ban spider familiars for the sake of people with arachnophobia? Of course not, that's ridiculous.

However I agree that we'd need a scroll to revert the eyes back to normal, and really, it would be fun if all the eyes worked like genes and we could scroll any of them.
The plague boil-horror ones get me.
Makes me feel sick.
I am germaphobic, largely in part to having an impaired immune system, so seeing sickness stuff like that is VERY unsettling.

*shudder*

I can deal with the multi-eyes a bit better, but the self preservation anxiety the pustules give is too much. Even something like making the red inflammation around them not so ...bright.. would lower the horror.
The plague boil-horror ones get me.
Makes me feel sick.
I am germaphobic, largely in part to having an impaired immune system, so seeing sickness stuff like that is VERY unsettling.

*shudder*

I can deal with the multi-eyes a bit better, but the self preservation anxiety the pustules give is too much. Even something like making the red inflammation around them not so ...bright.. would lower the horror.
GDxDhRY.png
This is what I said the moment I saw multi-eye. Make it brewable, remove it from the random pool. It freaks me out, I don't want to hatch my eggs and BAM creepy eye baby. Like you said, it's something you can normally avoid, if you don't go to plague related posts. It reminds me of birth defects.. in a bad way.

I've honestly all but left FR. Coli is impossible to use with the captcha.. and now this?
This is what I said the moment I saw multi-eye. Make it brewable, remove it from the random pool. It freaks me out, I don't want to hatch my eggs and BAM creepy eye baby. Like you said, it's something you can normally avoid, if you don't go to plague related posts. It reminds me of birth defects.. in a bad way.

I've honestly all but left FR. Coli is impossible to use with the captcha.. and now this?
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I agree with a couple others that it doesn't personally bother me, but I can definitely see how it would to some others, and I'm actually kind of... shocked??? that they made it a result you can get from breeding??

Brewing definitely seems like it would be a better place for those eyes, because it absolutely should not be in the RNG pool.
I agree with a couple others that it doesn't personally bother me, but I can definitely see how it would to some others, and I'm actually kind of... shocked??? that they made it a result you can get from breeding??

Brewing definitely seems like it would be a better place for those eyes, because it absolutely should not be in the RNG pool.
Semi-support - I definitely feel the discomfort with the multi-gaze. I'm scopophobic for reasons related to a disability. Obviously not every image with eyes bother me so long as it's not up all the time or I wouldn't be on FR at all, but this is definitely on an extreme that makes me uncomfortable every single time with even just a glance. Which would be one thing if it was more of an option instead of something I could randomly and suddenly get in my lair without a way to avoid it.

Support: either making Multi-Gaze an option as a brew or gem item or having an item to reset to common eyes or something; anything that makes it more avoidable while still granting the option to those who want it.

No support for not making facet random. (Unless there's trouble related to that too that I'm not aware of.)

Primal I'm mixed on, since I think it's okay as random but I can see the issue with the Shadow Primal eyes. I don't know a good solution right now so I offer no suggestion either way.
Semi-support - I definitely feel the discomfort with the multi-gaze. I'm scopophobic for reasons related to a disability. Obviously not every image with eyes bother me so long as it's not up all the time or I wouldn't be on FR at all, but this is definitely on an extreme that makes me uncomfortable every single time with even just a glance. Which would be one thing if it was more of an option instead of something I could randomly and suddenly get in my lair without a way to avoid it.

Support: either making Multi-Gaze an option as a brew or gem item or having an item to reset to common eyes or something; anything that makes it more avoidable while still granting the option to those who want it.

No support for not making facet random. (Unless there's trouble related to that too that I'm not aware of.)

Primal I'm mixed on, since I think it's okay as random but I can see the issue with the Shadow Primal eyes. I don't know a good solution right now so I offer no suggestion either way.
FULL SUPPORT to this entire post.

Because yes, phobias and the like such as these DO exist, and can make people physically ill.

Forcing a random chance for vomit-inducing body-horror on EVERYONE, with no warning or chance to opt-out, no way to avoid having it pop up in your nests, and no realistic ongoing way to change a dragon that has it to something less upsetting?

Is really, really not ok.

It is UNKIND to players who are affected like this.
FULL SUPPORT to this entire post.

Because yes, phobias and the like such as these DO exist, and can make people physically ill.

Forcing a random chance for vomit-inducing body-horror on EVERYONE, with no warning or chance to opt-out, no way to avoid having it pop up in your nests, and no realistic ongoing way to change a dragon that has it to something less upsetting?

Is really, really not ok.

It is UNKIND to players who are affected like this.
Give my dragons some love!

SzqWh.gif3wWtw.gifyPPb0.gifDEOuH.gif
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-06-08 16:21:10" ] No support. I understand some people can be spooked by such designs, but everyone is turned off by something - should we ban spider familiars for the sake of people with arachnophobia? Of course not, that's ridiculous. However I agree that we'd need a scroll to revert the eyes back to normal, and really, it would be fun if all the eyes worked like genes and we could scroll any of them. [/quote] The point isn't that the thing exists - yes, there are spiders and other creepy, horror things on the site. And they absolutely have the right to be there, because some people absolutely LOVE that stuff. Which they're totally entitled to! The point is that unlike many of the other horror- or gross-themed things on the site, multi-gaze and facet are [i]unavoidable[/i]. They're implemented into a core feature of the site, and impossible to self-censor. So yes, they should totally still exist - just not as they're implemented now, without any way to avoid them if you don't want to see it.
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-06-08 16:21:10:

The point isn't that the thing exists - yes, there are spiders and other creepy, horror things on the site. And they absolutely have the right to be there, because some people absolutely LOVE that stuff. Which they're totally entitled to!

The point is that unlike many of the other horror- or gross-themed things on the site, multi-gaze and facet are unavoidable. They're implemented into a core feature of the site, and impossible to self-censor. So yes, they should totally still exist - just not as they're implemented now, without any way to avoid them if you don't want to see it.
1ZHnNyJ.pngâ–ˆbcRnJHQ.gifâ–ˆcskp9sJ.png

The Coliseum Encounter Project â–ˆ|â–ˆDragonomics!
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-06-08 16:21:10" ] No support. I understand some people can be spooked by such designs, but everyone is turned off by something - should we ban spider familiars for the sake of people with arachnophobia? Of course not, that's ridiculous. However I agree that we'd need a scroll to revert the eyes back to normal, and really, it would be fun if all the eyes worked like genes and we could scroll any of them. [/quote] I don't think it should be removed. What I want is a way to make it optional to see. Spider familiars are avoidable. You can opt to not have them. These eyes are not optional. [i]They are forced and they are random[/i]. And they freak me out. I felt sick for an hour after seeing the mutli-eye. I cannot breed my dragons b/c there will be a chance I'll get one of those new eye types that utterly makes me sick and unable to use the site.
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-06-08 16:21:10:

I don't think it should be removed. What I want is a way to make it optional to see. Spider familiars are avoidable. You can opt to not have them. These eyes are not optional. They are forced and they are random. And they freak me out. I felt sick for an hour after seeing the mutli-eye. I cannot breed my dragons b/c there will be a chance I'll get one of those new eye types that utterly makes me sick and unable to use the site.
bHeX9bv.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16