Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Multiple items at once into Baldwin's
I would love to be able to throw in 20 or so items before I head to bed for the night or before I do my 12 hour work shifts or my 3 hour classes because otherwise I'll never get more than maybe a half dozen things melted in a day!
I would love to be able to throw in 20 or so items before I head to bed for the night or before I do my 12 hour work shifts or my 3 hour classes because otherwise I'll never get more than maybe a half dozen things melted in a day!
66036833_jCiIprLE7zzYUz8.png
We're not really expected to be checking Baldwin every 30 minutes indefinitely :D that's why nothing from Baldwin needs mass amounts of materials- at most he needs handfuls of a few different types.

If in the future Baldwin asked for 20 sludges or something similar I'd support a queue with heavy limitations

I'd also support being able to buy extra cauldrons in the way that nests work
We're not really expected to be checking Baldwin every 30 minutes indefinitely :D that's why nothing from Baldwin needs mass amounts of materials- at most he needs handfuls of a few different types.

If in the future Baldwin asked for 20 sludges or something similar I'd support a queue with heavy limitations

I'd also support being able to buy extra cauldrons in the way that nests work
Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think:
  • It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items
  • The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes)
  • There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best.
  • The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead.
  • You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think:
  • It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items
  • The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes)
  • There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best.
  • The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead.
  • You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I think the amount you can put in at once should go up as the player levels up,. I'm not exactly sure how it would scale but it makes sense the the more "experienced" in brewing you are, the more you could melt at once?
I think the amount you can put in at once should go up as the player levels up,. I'm not exactly sure how it would scale but it makes sense the the more "experienced" in brewing you are, the more you could melt at once?
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
As someone who finally got to Lv 23, support. It would be nice to have multiple cauldrons, either bought like you can buy nest or lair expansions, or available depending on your alchemy level.
As someone who finally got to Lv 23, support. It would be nice to have multiple cauldrons, either bought like you can buy nest or lair expansions, or available depending on your alchemy level.
Get this accent here!
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2018-05-02 12:49:10" ] Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think: It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes) There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best. The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead. You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew. [/quote] i think u should be able to cancel the queue but what was in the cauldron is gone and maybe u pay to cancel it (in lore ur dragon has to pay a tip for the dragon who cleans up the mess in the cauldron)
DragonSage wrote on 2018-05-02 12:49:10:

It should be multiples of the same item rather than several different items
The time to should be the same time (or slightly longer) than it would have been to melt them down individually (so five items should be at least two hours and thirty minutes)
There should probably be a limit to the number of items brewed. At absolute most 30 items or fifteen hours... although personally think about half that would be best.
The experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead.
You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
i think u should be able to cancel the queue but what was in the cauldron is gone and maybe u pay to cancel it (in lore ur dragon has to pay a tip for the dragon who cleans up the mess in the cauldron)
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I think being able to earn more cauldrons as you breed more dragons would be a great way to encourage active playing (a 2nd cauldron for 100 dragons, a 3rd for 1000? idk). Not everybody understands how to make treasure well so I don't support making players buy.

So as not to reward anybody differently, I do mean dragons bred after/if ever it were decided to have extra cauldrons, not lifetime dragons bred.
I think being able to earn more cauldrons as you breed more dragons would be a great way to encourage active playing (a 2nd cauldron for 100 dragons, a 3rd for 1000? idk). Not everybody understands how to make treasure well so I don't support making players buy.

So as not to reward anybody differently, I do mean dragons bred after/if ever it were decided to have extra cauldrons, not lifetime dragons bred.
[quote name="dumbmoon" date="2018-05-03 13:46:36" ] I think being able to earn more cauldrons as you breed more dragons would be a great way to encourage active playing (a 2nd cauldron for 100 dragons, a 3rd for 1000? idk). Not everybody understands how to make treasure well so I don't support making players buy. So as not to reward anybody differently, I do mean dragons bred after/if ever it were decided to have extra cauldrons, not lifetime dragons bred. [/quote] Personally I’d rather not see it attached to breeding because there are plenty of players that don’t breed, not does it make sense that Baldwin would care about how many dragons you breed. What makes more sense is to craft the cauldrons using Baldwin (one time brews that unlock after certain levels) that way players are rewarded for leveling Baldwin
dumbmoon wrote on 2018-05-03 13:46:36:

Personally I’d rather not see it attached to breeding because there are plenty of players that don’t breed, not does it make sense that Baldwin would care about how many dragons you breed. What makes more sense is to craft the cauldrons using Baldwin (one time brews that unlock after certain levels) that way players are rewarded for leveling Baldwin
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Oh, yes please. I don't have the kind of time in my day to be running back to Baldwin every half-hour, and I have stacks and stacks of stuff to transmute. Leaving it all there for fifteen hours, sleeping sound knowing science is performing itself? THAT is something I would adore. I also support the 'more cauldrons' idea, but maybe if we have one cauldron with which to melt things, and another with which to create? If that bubbling green goop can reduce an item to mere slop, it hardly makes sense that it can turn slop into something more solid. Perhaps a blue brew that reconstructs items into new things, a brew of genesis and creation, rather than the radioactive melting pot of reduction.
Oh, yes please. I don't have the kind of time in my day to be running back to Baldwin every half-hour, and I have stacks and stacks of stuff to transmute. Leaving it all there for fifteen hours, sleeping sound knowing science is performing itself? THAT is something I would adore. I also support the 'more cauldrons' idea, but maybe if we have one cauldron with which to melt things, and another with which to create? If that bubbling green goop can reduce an item to mere slop, it hardly makes sense that it can turn slop into something more solid. Perhaps a blue brew that reconstructs items into new things, a brew of genesis and creation, rather than the radioactive melting pot of reduction.
Join the Fanta Fanclub!
Having more cauldrons like how nests work would be beneficial. This system only has 3-4 total cauldrons, and only one cauldron can be on a queue at a time for up to 10 items.

The queue must be of a single type, but the items can be different within their class. such as five mice and five skunks but not five mice and five handfuls of sand.

Perhaps the system of gaining more cauldrons comes with your brewing experience. Level 10 you can use the cauldron to brew... another cauldron. (Could be a funny achievement: "How does that work?")
Having more cauldrons like how nests work would be beneficial. This system only has 3-4 total cauldrons, and only one cauldron can be on a queue at a time for up to 10 items.

The queue must be of a single type, but the items can be different within their class. such as five mice and five skunks but not five mice and five handfuls of sand.

Perhaps the system of gaining more cauldrons comes with your brewing experience. Level 10 you can use the cauldron to brew... another cauldron. (Could be a funny achievement: "How does that work?")
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif