Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Dragon Ideas?
I love the dragons we have in Flight Rising! and of course I am unsure of what is being worked on or if there is currently a maximum amount of dragons, but I'd like to suggest a few ideas.

Wyvern - A wyvern is a type of dragon with it's front legs and wings fused together in the front. It sounds a lot weirder than it is, but they are wonderful dragons! Some are friendly, some are fierce, you could go either way!

Drake - A wingless dragon, I'm not sure if this is the way you want to go but they are very interesting dragons! They are sort of like dogs in a way, or jaguars. I'd suggest you look one up first before attempting it as I don't have the best descriptions (And look up "Dragon Drake" otherwise you get the person Drake, while that would be an interesting looking dragon it's not exactly what I meant hehe)

Lindwurm - Another wingless dragon and looks a lot like the Spiral to be honest, but it prefers the land. I only suggest this if you did the Drake along with it, introducing dragons that don't have wings is kind of a cool concept in my opinion.

Hydra - Pretty simply really, multiple heads on a dragon's body. Some put 3 heads with 2 tails, some 5 heads and 6 legs, however you would do it is perfectly fine.

No specific name - I think there should be a more aquatic dragon, kind of resembling the Tidelord, of course this comes from someone from the Water Flight so It was kind of an obvious suggestion.

Dinosaur body type - We do have the wild claw so why not add another Dinosaur base? Brachiosaurus or Tyrannosaurus I'd say would make good choices. Or look at Therizentosaurus, it's a lesser known dinosaur but basically it has really long claws, long neck, etc.

Those are just my suggestions, of course I am not DEMANDING you make these dragons, just thought I'd give some fun ideas for you all!
I love the dragons we have in Flight Rising! and of course I am unsure of what is being worked on or if there is currently a maximum amount of dragons, but I'd like to suggest a few ideas.

Wyvern - A wyvern is a type of dragon with it's front legs and wings fused together in the front. It sounds a lot weirder than it is, but they are wonderful dragons! Some are friendly, some are fierce, you could go either way!

Drake - A wingless dragon, I'm not sure if this is the way you want to go but they are very interesting dragons! They are sort of like dogs in a way, or jaguars. I'd suggest you look one up first before attempting it as I don't have the best descriptions (And look up "Dragon Drake" otherwise you get the person Drake, while that would be an interesting looking dragon it's not exactly what I meant hehe)

Lindwurm - Another wingless dragon and looks a lot like the Spiral to be honest, but it prefers the land. I only suggest this if you did the Drake along with it, introducing dragons that don't have wings is kind of a cool concept in my opinion.

Hydra - Pretty simply really, multiple heads on a dragon's body. Some put 3 heads with 2 tails, some 5 heads and 6 legs, however you would do it is perfectly fine.

No specific name - I think there should be a more aquatic dragon, kind of resembling the Tidelord, of course this comes from someone from the Water Flight so It was kind of an obvious suggestion.

Dinosaur body type - We do have the wild claw so why not add another Dinosaur base? Brachiosaurus or Tyrannosaurus I'd say would make good choices. Or look at Therizentosaurus, it's a lesser known dinosaur but basically it has really long claws, long neck, etc.

Those are just my suggestions, of course I am not DEMANDING you make these dragons, just thought I'd give some fun ideas for you all!
IrishDragonLord
Sadly, all dragons must have one head, a pair of arms, a pair of legs, and a pair of wings. They cannot have multiple heads, no wings, or no arms.

The Therizentosaurus idea is neat though. I'd like to see something like that :b
Sadly, all dragons must have one head, a pair of arms, a pair of legs, and a pair of wings. They cannot have multiple heads, no wings, or no arms.

The Therizentosaurus idea is neat though. I'd like to see something like that :b
photofunky.gif
I really doubt we will get a multi headed dragon (I think that the 'rules' for dragons can be interpreted as a minimum number, IE, a dragon must have AT LEAST 1 head, 2 wings, 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 tail, but they can have more than that) because in lore, we already have Emperors, which are multiheaded undead dragons created from imperial corpses. In other words, bad news. So it would be sort of confusing to have a breed with multiple heads (we could potentially get a two headed dagon but sort of doubt it)

Also, the admins have said that they are always working on new dragon breeds, but that requires creating 3 different line arts, drawing the genes for them, as well as plugging them into their program that applies the color to them. Then they have all the apparel to draw for two different poses, which is what takes the longest, and why we don't have more breeds.

However, I would be interested to see what the dinosaurs look like, and fleshing that idea out (because there are so many different types that could be used as inspiration) would be interesting.
I really doubt we will get a multi headed dragon (I think that the 'rules' for dragons can be interpreted as a minimum number, IE, a dragon must have AT LEAST 1 head, 2 wings, 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 tail, but they can have more than that) because in lore, we already have Emperors, which are multiheaded undead dragons created from imperial corpses. In other words, bad news. So it would be sort of confusing to have a breed with multiple heads (we could potentially get a two headed dagon but sort of doubt it)

Also, the admins have said that they are always working on new dragon breeds, but that requires creating 3 different line arts, drawing the genes for them, as well as plugging them into their program that applies the color to them. Then they have all the apparel to draw for two different poses, which is what takes the longest, and why we don't have more breeds.

However, I would be interested to see what the dinosaurs look like, and fleshing that idea out (because there are so many different types that could be used as inspiration) would be interesting.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Jemadar, I don't think the number of heads is really an issue. The Emperors are a really special, specific piece of lore: they only come from imperials, killed on the battlefield (so likely not buried properly), and are mindless aberrations. Completely different from a natural creature that has multiple heads. Art-wise (personally) two or three heads still looks nice and allows there to be personality and character of a creature, any more than that just reminds me of a hydra (which to me is just a beast). I would love to see a dragon species with more than one head, it offers all sorts of opportunities for people's personal lore of their dragons and whether the heads work together as one or have their own personalities.
We already have an exception to the "rule", as Spirals have two extra sets of wings, connected to their arms and legs. Coatls also have an extra set of wings attached to their tail.

As for having dragons with less than the number the admins have stated, no thanks. Even though it limits the type of "dragon" on this site, it's something that defines it rather than just going ahead and saying things that would look more akin to snakes and lizards are dragons.

The dinosaur body type is an interesting thought, and especially interesting when you consider some aquatic monsters like the mosasaur. I remember someone made a breed suggestion with art of a T-rex inspired dragon and I liked it a lot ^^ (Found it)
Jemadar, I don't think the number of heads is really an issue. The Emperors are a really special, specific piece of lore: they only come from imperials, killed on the battlefield (so likely not buried properly), and are mindless aberrations. Completely different from a natural creature that has multiple heads. Art-wise (personally) two or three heads still looks nice and allows there to be personality and character of a creature, any more than that just reminds me of a hydra (which to me is just a beast). I would love to see a dragon species with more than one head, it offers all sorts of opportunities for people's personal lore of their dragons and whether the heads work together as one or have their own personalities.
We already have an exception to the "rule", as Spirals have two extra sets of wings, connected to their arms and legs. Coatls also have an extra set of wings attached to their tail.

As for having dragons with less than the number the admins have stated, no thanks. Even though it limits the type of "dragon" on this site, it's something that defines it rather than just going ahead and saying things that would look more akin to snakes and lizards are dragons.

The dinosaur body type is an interesting thought, and especially interesting when you consider some aquatic monsters like the mosasaur. I remember someone made a breed suggestion with art of a T-rex inspired dragon and I liked it a lot ^^ (Found it)
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
The Therizinosaurus is a neat idea but I feel like it would be too similar to a Wildclaw perhaps?

But dragons on the site must all follow a structure rule where they all have (at least) One head/neck, one pair of arms, one pair of legs, and one pair of wings. If they didn't have any wings or fore arms, we'd end up with apparel that doesn't fit them, and I think the admins have mentioned that they want all dragons to be able to wear all apparel.

I would like to see Nature continue to have dinosaur-esque dragons, and I think if the admins can work with apparel between two heads, it'd be cool to see a dragon like that, even though I don't really see it happening.
The Therizinosaurus is a neat idea but I feel like it would be too similar to a Wildclaw perhaps?

But dragons on the site must all follow a structure rule where they all have (at least) One head/neck, one pair of arms, one pair of legs, and one pair of wings. If they didn't have any wings or fore arms, we'd end up with apparel that doesn't fit them, and I think the admins have mentioned that they want all dragons to be able to wear all apparel.

I would like to see Nature continue to have dinosaur-esque dragons, and I think if the admins can work with apparel between two heads, it'd be cool to see a dragon like that, even though I don't really see it happening.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
Thanks StormDragon for the T-rex image! That's real neat!

And alright, I didn't think about the apparel and arm thing. Could always have a Wyvern-like dragon that has smaller front legs and large wings, that's still even yet another depiction of the Wyvern. Thanks everyone for your replies!
Thanks StormDragon for the T-rex image! That's real neat!

And alright, I didn't think about the apparel and arm thing. Could always have a Wyvern-like dragon that has smaller front legs and large wings, that's still even yet another depiction of the Wyvern. Thanks everyone for your replies!
IrishDragonLord
Isn't Nocturne based on a wyvern? At least the way the hatchlings use their wings as arms make me think that way. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=19&wings=111&auth=080ec494da4d9a341bdefda197de14602ef54a24&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I wouldn't mind having more wyverns on the site though! I like this bodytype. Also would like to see another breed with snake bodytype, like Spirals do.
Isn't Nocturne based on a wyvern? At least the way the hatchlings use their wings as arms make me think that way.

dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=19&wings=111&auth=080ec494da4d9a341bdefda197de14602ef54a24&dummyext=prev.png

I wouldn't mind having more wyverns on the site though! I like this bodytype. Also would like to see another breed with snake bodytype, like Spirals do.
8wF4Uc8.png
[quote name="Ikunoche" date=2018-02-05 06:02:16] Isn't Nocturne based on a wyvern? At least the way the hatchlings use their wings as arms make me think that way. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=19&wings=111&auth=080ec494da4d9a341bdefda197de14602ef54a24&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I wouldn't mind having more wyverns on the site though! I like this bodytype. Also would like to see another breed with snake bodytype, like Spirals do. [/quote] I have seen people say that nocturnes were the answer to wyverns, and the way the arms seem much smaller does make it seem as if they are. (look at the female nocturne, she holds her arms like the hatchling does.) On a slightly related subject, what I wouldn't mind seeing are 'protodragon' familiars. IE, any breed that wouldn't make the cut due to the limb rule being made into familiars. I think it could expand lore (ie the 'protodragons' were created by the deities before they created the dragons we have, but in the turmoil that followed, the deities lost contact, and only recently have these species been found. The deities, feeling something for their early children, have tasked the dragon clans to take care of any they find. Or something on that order) It might even be interesting if the admins took the dragon breeds we have (except, obviously, bogsneaks) and created 'protodragons' from them. IE, perhaps remove the wings from snappers and make them slightly more streamlined (or perhaps even bulkier) Remove the leg from spirals (though we sort of already have this with the rainforest familiars) etc... While I know it wouldn't be the same as if they were true breeds, it would be a compromise between breaking the rules (and making it so apparel isn't universal, which I really don't want) and simply not having those types on site at all. Also, this is something I have seen brought up on a different thread about feeling uncomfortable giving a dragon another dragon breed as a 'pet', there is no need to make the protodragons sentient, and even if they did, many of the beast clans are supposed to be sentient and they are given to dragons as familiars all the time.
Ikunoche wrote on 2018-02-05:
Isn't Nocturne based on a wyvern? At least the way the hatchlings use their wings as arms make me think that way.

dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=8&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=19&wings=111&auth=080ec494da4d9a341bdefda197de14602ef54a24&dummyext=prev.png

I wouldn't mind having more wyverns on the site though! I like this bodytype. Also would like to see another breed with snake bodytype, like Spirals do.

I have seen people say that nocturnes were the answer to wyverns, and the way the arms seem much smaller does make it seem as if they are. (look at the female nocturne, she holds her arms like the hatchling does.)

On a slightly related subject, what I wouldn't mind seeing are 'protodragon' familiars. IE, any breed that wouldn't make the cut due to the limb rule being made into familiars. I think it could expand lore (ie the 'protodragons' were created by the deities before they created the dragons we have, but in the turmoil that followed, the deities lost contact, and only recently have these species been found. The deities, feeling something for their early children, have tasked the dragon clans to take care of any they find. Or something on that order)

It might even be interesting if the admins took the dragon breeds we have (except, obviously, bogsneaks) and created 'protodragons' from them. IE, perhaps remove the wings from snappers and make them slightly more streamlined (or perhaps even bulkier) Remove the leg from spirals (though we sort of already have this with the rainforest familiars) etc...

While I know it wouldn't be the same as if they were true breeds, it would be a compromise between breaking the rules (and making it so apparel isn't universal, which I really don't want) and simply not having those types on site at all. Also, this is something I have seen brought up on a different thread about feeling uncomfortable giving a dragon another dragon breed as a 'pet', there is no need to make the protodragons sentient, and even if they did, many of the beast clans are supposed to be sentient and they are given to dragons as familiars all the time.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png