Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | {New Breed} Lavatusks W/sketches
1 2
[u][b]Obtained:[/b][/u] Treasure Marketplace [u][b]Rarity:[/b][/u] Common [u][b]Flight:[/b][/u] Fire [u][b]Breeding Cooldown:[/b][/u] 20 days [u][b]Diet:[/b][/u] Meat and Insects [u][b]Overview:[/b][/u] Lavatusks originate from the Blacksand Annex. They have strong tusks hardened by the magma and are highly competitive. [u][b]Physical Attributes:[/b][/u] As stated before, Lavatusks have extremely tough tusks they use in combat. Their wings often have tears and rips from fights and aren't the best for flying. They have fireproof manes. The females have a tuft of fur on their tails, though it doesn't grow in until theyre adults. [u][b]Social:[/b][/u] They aren't too friendly towards others, but have large social networks within their own species. It's quite common to see hatchlings covered in soot as they have a tendency of getting into trouble. They'll often host competitions for both the young and old to enjoy. [u][b]Lairs:[/b][/u] Lavatusk lairs are often decorated with chunks of cooled magma and pretty stones. They stake out the warmest areas to sleep. Within mixed species lairs, Lavatusks will try to stick with other Lavatusks. If on their own, they'll claim a corner for themselves. [u][b]Tactics:[/b][/u] Lavatusks are physical fighters. They slash and charge with their tusks, using their claws as secondary weapons. They have an attack first, ask questions later mindset. [quote=Newest][img]http://pre00.deviantart.net/1ce1/th/pre/i/2017/025/4/0/male_lavatusks_updated_by_timeblitz-dawqcel.png[/img][img]http://pre06.deviantart.net/58da/th/pre/i/2017/025/f/e/female_lavatusks_updated_by_timeblitz-dawqcd8.png[/img][/quote] [quote=Old Designs][img]http://pre02.deviantart.net/7e6a/th/pre/i/2017/022/1/0/lavatusks_male_by_timeblitz-dawegu8.png[/img][img]http://pre00.deviantart.net/a876/th/pre/i/2017/022/8/e/lavatusks_female_by_timeblitz-daweh1o.png[/img][img]http://pre03.deviantart.net/0829/th/pre/i/2017/022/2/3/lavatusks_hatchling_by_timeblitz-dawehgi.png[/img] [/quote] [quote][img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/5d83/f/2017/025/5/5/img_20170125_182717196_2_by_cicirose97-dawpx8e.jpg[/img] By @Denim[/quote] So, what do you all think? :V
Obtained:
Treasure Marketplace
Rarity:
Common
Flight:
Fire
Breeding Cooldown:
20 days
Diet:
Meat and Insects

Overview:
Lavatusks originate from the Blacksand Annex. They have strong tusks hardened by the magma and are highly competitive.

Physical Attributes:
As stated before, Lavatusks have extremely tough tusks they use in combat. Their wings often have tears and rips from fights and aren't the best for flying. They have fireproof manes. The females have a tuft of fur on their tails, though it doesn't grow in until theyre adults.

Social:
They aren't too friendly towards others, but have large social networks within their own species. It's quite common to see hatchlings covered in soot as they have a tendency of getting into trouble. They'll often host competitions for both the young and old to enjoy.

Lairs:
Lavatusk lairs are often decorated with chunks of cooled magma and pretty stones. They stake out the warmest areas to sleep.
Within mixed species lairs, Lavatusks will try to stick with other Lavatusks. If on their own, they'll claim a corner for themselves.

Tactics:
Lavatusks are physical fighters. They slash and charge with their tusks, using their claws as secondary weapons. They have an attack first, ask questions later mindset.
Newest wrote:
male_lavatusks_updated_by_timeblitz-dawqcel.pngfemale_lavatusks_updated_by_timeblitz-dawqcd8.png
Old Designs wrote:
lavatusks_male_by_timeblitz-dawegu8.pnglavatusks_female_by_timeblitz-daweh1o.pnglavatusks_hatchling_by_timeblitz-dawehgi.png
Quote:
img_20170125_182717196_2_by_cicirose97-dawpx8e.jpg
By @Denim
So, what do you all think? :V
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
THEY R SOOO CUTE!!!!!
THEY R SOOO CUTE!!!!!
Puppet Master Anti
she/her/hers|FRT +3|Link to Art shop
@Atax

I'm glad you think so!
@Atax

I'm glad you think so!
@timeblitz

I want to say first, the sketches are absolutely PRECIOUS. I love the hatchling especially <3

A breed with large tusks being a prominent feature is a splendid idea, though admittedly these dragons giving me strong Pearlcatcher vibes. They're not PC clones, but they feel like they could still be more unique. Perhaps if they're competitive, they'd have "Armored" skin or something similar for enhanced defense?

I'm not too creative myself with these things so that's all I can really say, I do like these guys a lot though! Great work. I'd love to see this idea built upon, tusks are awesome.
@timeblitz

I want to say first, the sketches are absolutely PRECIOUS. I love the hatchling especially <3

A breed with large tusks being a prominent feature is a splendid idea, though admittedly these dragons giving me strong Pearlcatcher vibes. They're not PC clones, but they feel like they could still be more unique. Perhaps if they're competitive, they'd have "Armored" skin or something similar for enhanced defense?

I'm not too creative myself with these things so that's all I can really say, I do like these guys a lot though! Great work. I'd love to see this idea built upon, tusks are awesome.
FuOn3WY.png
@NightmaresArise
Thank you so much!!

Perhaps it the poses? I'm realizing just now that they're pretty much identical, whoops!
And I like the armored skin idea too. Maybe like callouses from the rough housing and rougher terrain, ahah
@NightmaresArise
Thank you so much!!

Perhaps it the poses? I'm realizing just now that they're pretty much identical, whoops!
And I like the armored skin idea too. Maybe like callouses from the rough housing and rougher terrain, ahah
@timeblitz they're super cute! Though I do agree with NightmaresArise, they do sort of look like pearlcatchers. Personally, I think it's their head ruff/crest. Maybe make it bigger? Or smaller? But I I really like them. Good job!
@timeblitz they're super cute! Though I do agree with NightmaresArise, they do sort of look like pearlcatchers. Personally, I think it's their head ruff/crest. Maybe make it bigger? Or smaller? But I I really like them. Good job!
IMG_8704.png
@timeblitz they are really cute! Do you mind if I make some sketches based off your drawings, descriptions, and people's suggestions? It would probably look a lot different from your but it would be fun and maybe help you brainstorm and develop your designs also!
@timeblitz they are really cute! Do you mind if I make some sketches based off your drawings, descriptions, and people's suggestions? It would probably look a lot different from your but it would be fun and maybe help you brainstorm and develop your designs also!
@timeblitz
I like the idea, but like what other people said, I quickly thought of PCs when I saw them -- and I think that the male and female poses look too alike xD If they were an actual breed, I could potentially mix them up haha.

Also it would be great to see a finished sketch with some sample genes on!
@timeblitz
I like the idea, but like what other people said, I quickly thought of PCs when I saw them -- and I think that the male and female poses look too alike xD If they were an actual breed, I could potentially mix them up haha.

Also it would be great to see a finished sketch with some sample genes on!
m16OKP.jpeg
@Denim Oh, I'd be honored, please do!!

@Aesalon
@Altair
Ah, thank you both! Yeah, I'm starting to agree too, ahah. I think if I tried to fix em up a bit I might make them look a bit bigger and tougher to show their athletic competitive side a bit more and separate them from PCs
@Denim Oh, I'd be honored, please do!!

@Aesalon
@Altair
Ah, thank you both! Yeah, I'm starting to agree too, ahah. I think if I tried to fix em up a bit I might make them look a bit bigger and tougher to show their athletic competitive side a bit more and separate them from PCs
@timeblitz just based off of yours and others ideas, feel free to like and use some of the ideas or not, however you want! I thought maybe you were going a little like warthogs with the tusks, so I kiiiinda incorporated that in. [img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/5d83/f/2017/025/5/5/img_20170125_182717196_2_by_cicirose97-dawpx8e.jpg[/img]
@timeblitz just based off of yours and others ideas, feel free to like and use some of the ideas or not, however you want!
I thought maybe you were going a little like warthogs with the tusks, so I kiiiinda incorporated that in.

img_20170125_182717196_2_by_cicirose97-dawpx8e.jpg
1 2