Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Another Lair idea...
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28
Although this thread was set in 2016, we recently learned that the 200 dragon limit is a limitation on how FR handles feeding ticks. The hibernal den is an attempt to circumvent that by having dragons that don't need to be fed. Having a 200 wind layer and a 200 water lair would still have the same limitations as a 400 wind lair.

Now that we have tabs, it's easy to sort dragons into subclans. And what's better, you can have two fire subclans instead of just one, or a tab of dragons who are pirates and hold allegiance to no god or territory. Form a lore perspective, this is more useful to me.

As far as eyes and eggs go, I would like to see something implemented. A boon of brightness could temporarily convert a wind nest to a light one. Or perhaps a new trading post feature where you can 'rent' nests from NPC clans. But I don't think players should need to have a lair in every region.
Although this thread was set in 2016, we recently learned that the 200 dragon limit is a limitation on how FR handles feeding ticks. The hibernal den is an attempt to circumvent that by having dragons that don't need to be fed. Having a 200 wind layer and a 200 water lair would still have the same limitations as a 400 wind lair.

Now that we have tabs, it's easy to sort dragons into subclans. And what's better, you can have two fire subclans instead of just one, or a tab of dragons who are pirates and hold allegiance to no god or territory. Form a lore perspective, this is more useful to me.

As far as eyes and eggs go, I would like to see something implemented. A boon of brightness could temporarily convert a wind nest to a light one. Or perhaps a new trading post feature where you can 'rent' nests from NPC clans. But I don't think players should need to have a lair in every region.
I don't see many reasons to not allow this sort of thing, there could be many ways to interpret this in the site lore, and I love it! I'd support.
I don't see many reasons to not allow this sort of thing, there could be many ways to interpret this in the site lore, and I love it! I'd support.
[quote name="SilverLately" date="2019-04-19 06:47:02" ] Although this thread was set in 2016, we recently learned that the 200 dragon limit is a limitation on how FR handles feeding ticks. The hibernal den is an attempt to circumvent that by having dragons that don't need to be fed. Having a 200 wind layer and a 200 water lair would still have the same limitations as a 400 wind lair. Now that we have tabs, it's easy to sort dragons into subclans. And what's better, you can have two fire subclans instead of just one, or a tab of dragons who are pirates and hold allegiance to no god or territory. Form a lore perspective, this is more useful to me. As far as eyes and eggs go, I would like to see something implemented. A boon of brightness could temporarily convert a wind nest to a light one. Or perhaps a new trading post feature where you can 'rent' nests from NPC clans. But I don't think players should need to have a lair in every region. [/quote] 200 active dragons is way way too few. .. we never really got a real reason to why we can't have more than 200 active dragons. .if it's because of the feeding ticks then it should be changed. ..I personally hate that I have to put my dragons in a non active storage. .If ppl can afford to feed 5000 dragons then let them... I really hope the staff will implement more active lairspace!
SilverLately wrote on 2019-04-19 06:47:02:

200 active dragons is way way too few. .. we never really got a real reason to why we can't have more than 200 active dragons. .if it's because of the feeding ticks then it should be changed. ..I personally hate that I have to put my dragons in a non active storage. .If ppl can afford to feed 5000 dragons then let them...
I really hope the staff will implement more active lairspace!
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I support this 100%
I support this 100%
tumblr_n6ymlfL8ML1tnv6ito3_500.gif
the shade lair is well supported!

edit: my question is how one account can has id "0"?

i'm coding db and never able to put id "0"

He/They
[quote name="BayoDino" date="2019-07-12 23:09:15" ] the shade lair is well supported! edit: my question is how one account can has id "0"? i'm coding db and never able to put id "0" [/quote] I just gave it ID 0 because it's unique, technically not doable and BEFORE the gods XD
BayoDino wrote on 2019-07-12 23:09:15:

I just gave it ID 0 because it's unique, technically not doable and BEFORE the gods XD
egg.gif
[quote name="AoiNoRyuu" date="2019-07-13 01:27:14" ] [quote name="BayoDino" date="2019-07-12 23:09:15" ] the shade lair is well supported! edit: my question is how one account can has id "0"? i'm coding db and never able to put id "0" [/quote] I just gave it ID 0 because it's unique, technically not doable and BEFORE the gods XD [/quote] i'm fine with hidden id C:
AoiNoRyuu wrote on 2019-07-13 01:27:14:
BayoDino wrote on 2019-07-12 23:09:15:

I just gave it ID 0 because it's unique, technically not doable and BEFORE the gods XD

i'm fine with hidden id C:
He/They
I think this is a cool idea that could be interpreted differently. Someone mentioned being able to rent nests from npcs at trading post, which could be nice. Different elemental lairs don't necessarily have to come with more nesting grounds, it's just a way of increasing dragon limits. At least that's how I see it.
I think this is a cool idea that could be interpreted differently. Someone mentioned being able to rent nests from npcs at trading post, which could be nice. Different elemental lairs don't necessarily have to come with more nesting grounds, it's just a way of increasing dragon limits. At least that's how I see it.
y61dWJx.png
I support this! It sounds like a great idea.
I support this! It sounds like a great idea.
bJs5ioz.gif
Made by Dovalore
It’s worth considering adding new active slots, but I do think this original thread is less relevant now that we have the hibernal den.

If you could buy lairs from other deities, that could help with nest rentals and maybe cut down on multi accounting? I think that might be neat but it does sound like it could be a lot of work especially if we already have hibernal dens as well. But worth looking into for sure, because many people think the max number for active dragons is currently too low!
It’s worth considering adding new active slots, but I do think this original thread is less relevant now that we have the hibernal den.

If you could buy lairs from other deities, that could help with nest rentals and maybe cut down on multi accounting? I think that might be neat but it does sound like it could be a lot of work especially if we already have hibernal dens as well. But worth looking into for sure, because many people think the max number for active dragons is currently too low!
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28