Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Apparel Tundra Friendly
1 2
while the older art seems to mostly ignore the tundras' magnificent fluff, i've noticed that newer apparel tends to pay more attention to placement and clipping issues! especially on tundras :> for example, the steampunk set- its several years old now, and the art really shows it. its just kinda copy-pasted onto the base, not acknowledging the foof (this much is true for most of the older stuff) a true shame :( [item=brass steampunk gloves] [item=brass steampunk spats] BUT!! it seems over time that the designers are being more careful in their apparel, taking measures to accommodate the fur. this can be seen in many recent apparel pieces- not all of them, but some! its a start :y [item=primal leather arm guards] [item=primal leather boots] [item=leather aviator gloves] [item=leather aviator boots] [item=cat's leg armor] [item=dented iron gauntlets] [item=dented iron boots]
while the older art seems to mostly ignore the tundras' magnificent fluff, i've noticed that newer apparel tends to pay more attention to placement and clipping issues! especially on tundras :>

for example, the steampunk set- its several years old now, and the art really shows it. its just kinda copy-pasted onto the base, not acknowledging the foof (this much is true for most of the older stuff) a true shame :(

Brass Steampunk Gloves Brass Steampunk Spats

BUT!! it seems over time that the designers are being more careful in their apparel, taking measures to accommodate the fur. this can be seen in many recent apparel pieces- not all of them, but some! its a start :y

Primal Leather Arm Guards Primal Leather Boots Leather Aviator Gloves Leather Aviator Boots
Cat's Leg Armor Dented Iron Gauntlets Dented Iron Boots
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
Out of curiosity what's the name of that blue and pink mane piece? ^^ I'm trying to find it for my tundra and I've had a nightmare finding that damn thing XD
Cause I like fluffy dragons but the tundra fade just doesn't click with me, but that one's face looks great XD
Out of curiosity what's the name of that blue and pink mane piece? ^^ I'm trying to find it for my tundra and I've had a nightmare finding that damn thing XD
Cause I like fluffy dragons but the tundra fade just doesn't click with me, but that one's face looks great XD
@TheGoldenScab

It is the Wild Headdress. It is a baldwin level 15 brew.
@TheGoldenScab

It is the Wild Headdress. It is a baldwin level 15 brew.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Eh, I don't really buy the "It's getting better with time!" thing. The new MJ apparel clips through the F!tundra's shoulder. It's not just awkward looking boots, which are understandable, it's the fact that there's generally little care given to drawing things that don't have to look awkward on tundras so that the apparel fits properly. Boots are understandable because of the fluff, but in many other cases there's no reason except laziness. There's pixels missing and constant clipping where there doesn't have to be. It's annoying. Tundras aren't the most liked breed, but that doesn't mean a good chunk of the apparel should look awful on them.
Eh, I don't really buy the "It's getting better with time!" thing. The new MJ apparel clips through the F!tundra's shoulder. It's not just awkward looking boots, which are understandable, it's the fact that there's generally little care given to drawing things that don't have to look awkward on tundras so that the apparel fits properly. Boots are understandable because of the fluff, but in many other cases there's no reason except laziness. There's pixels missing and constant clipping where there doesn't have to be. It's annoying. Tundras aren't the most liked breed, but that doesn't mean a good chunk of the apparel should look awful on them.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
I will always support more Tundra friendly apparel. As of now, you have to really work to hide the fluff and even then you can still see it. Example, my boy Akash. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20125923] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201260/20125923_350.png[/img] [/url] You can still see his elbow fluff even though I have a black shirt underneath it, and even with the seafarer garb you can still see the arm and leg fluff. I only used the seafarer stuff to make the outfit a little more natural while trying to hide his fur since it looks less strange than the actual floof poking out. Another boy of mine, Tatsuya, has nothing on his limbs save for some simple iron bracelets because it doesn't look ridiculous like a pair or gloves or boots would on him. The bracelets actually have strands of fur over them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19642571] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196426/19642571_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't even try on Female Tundra, they have it worse than the males. [color=Blue][i][u][b]Do not ping me, thank you.[/b][/u][/i][/color]
I will always support more Tundra friendly apparel. As of now, you have to really work to hide the fluff and even then you can still see it. Example, my boy Akash.

20125923_350.png

You can still see his elbow fluff even though I have a black shirt underneath it, and even with the seafarer garb you can still see the arm and leg fluff. I only used the seafarer stuff to make the outfit a little more natural while trying to hide his fur since it looks less strange than the actual floof poking out.

Another boy of mine, Tatsuya, has nothing on his limbs save for some simple iron bracelets because it doesn't look ridiculous like a pair or gloves or boots would on him. The bracelets actually have strands of fur over them.

19642571_350.png

I don't even try on Female Tundra, they have it worse than the males.

Do not ping me, thank you.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
[quote name="Vaveny" date="2016-07-09 11:23:30" ][img]http://i.imgur.com/iOlJq3A.png[/img] [/quote] A strap around the back of the elbow would make it look more natural, like it opens for the fur and the strap holds it on.
Vaveny wrote on 2016-07-09 11:23:30:
iOlJq3A.png
A strap around the back of the elbow would make it look more natural, like it opens for the fur and the strap holds it on.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
1 2