Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Vote for Jupiter/Saturn change?
1 2 3 4 5
I feel like a lot of people liked the genes how they were originally released, with the wider, looser patterns and I am unsure what caused the sudden decision to change them so drastically. I feel like there should be a sitewide vote so users can decide which version gets used. old [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon.png[/img] new [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon%201.png[/img]
I feel like a lot of people liked the genes how they were originally released, with the wider, looser patterns and I am unsure what caused the sudden decision to change them so drastically.

I feel like there should be a sitewide vote so users can decide which version gets used.

old
dragon.png

new
dragon%201.png
They/Them FR+2
Both are nice and I don't care which version is used. Preferably both versions could be made into genes.
Both are nice and I don't care which version is used. Preferably both versions could be made into genes.
I much prefer the old version. The new ones seem too close to Ripple and Hypnotic to me.

I don't really understand why they decided to redraw them immediately after releasing them.
I much prefer the old version. The new ones seem too close to Ripple and Hypnotic to me.

I don't really understand why they decided to redraw them immediately after releasing them.
Give my dragons some love!

SzqWh.gif3wWtw.gifyPPb0.gifDEOuH.gif
I'm annoyed that Jupiter/Saturn got a redraw and Thylacine, a gene that actually looks terrible on some colors, did not.
I'm annoyed that Jupiter/Saturn got a redraw and Thylacine, a gene that actually looks terrible on some colors, did not.
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2016-06-30 06:51:40] Both are nice and I don't care which version is used. Preferably both versions could be made into genes. [/quote] honestly, i wouldn't mind terribly if they did make both patterns into genes, but after the backlash at launch I doubt it's terribly likely :/ although people always want "fake" or like, mimic genes from NotN so perhaps that could be topic for a vote; whether or not to release the originals as mimic genes (perhaps named Zeus and Cronus, the greek versions of the god's names)? That way it would be possible to have both on the site, but there would (hopefully) be less confusion from the genes being similar?
Ismaiel wrote on 2016-06-30:

honestly, i wouldn't mind terribly if they did make both patterns into genes, but after the backlash at launch I doubt it's terribly likely :/

although people always want "fake" or like, mimic genes from NotN so perhaps that could be topic for a vote; whether or not to release the originals as mimic genes (perhaps named Zeus and Cronus, the greek versions of the god's names)? That way it would be possible to have both on the site, but there would (hopefully) be less confusion from the genes being similar?
JNq0Ryb.pngtumblr_p6m92rH3MJ1w8xkufo5_250.png
I really like both, but I am surprised that it's essentially being redrawn...right after being released? When genes with glaring errors didn't?

Why?

In an ideal world, I'd like to see both versions released as genes. Ain't gonna happen, but I really do love both and I'm sad that the first version is being removed. I kind of prefer it.
I really like both, but I am surprised that it's essentially being redrawn...right after being released? When genes with glaring errors didn't?

Why?

In an ideal world, I'd like to see both versions released as genes. Ain't gonna happen, but I really do love both and I'm sad that the first version is being removed. I kind of prefer it.
I liked the older version better to be honest...the new one looks too busy.
I liked the older version better to be honest...the new one looks too busy.
I prefer the new version, actually! Looks much higher quality, imo. The older version looks like it was rushed. Looks okay on coatls, but on other breeds the lesser quality of it stood out in a bad way.
I prefer the new version, actually! Looks much higher quality, imo. The older version looks like it was rushed. Looks okay on coatls, but on other breeds the lesser quality of it stood out in a bad way.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2016-06-30 07:05:35] I'm annoyed that Jupiter/Saturn got a redraw and Thylacine, a gene that actually looks terrible on some colors, did not. [/quote] I agree with this. However, I don't like the old or the new version of the genes, so...
Sopheroo wrote on 2016-06-30:

I agree with this. However, I don't like the old or the new version of the genes, so...
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2016-06-30 08:26:52] [quote name="Sopheroo" date=2016-06-30 07:05:35] I'm annoyed that Jupiter/Saturn got a redraw and Thylacine, a gene that actually looks terrible on some colors, did not. [/quote] I agree with this. However, I don't like the old or the new version of the genes, so... [/quote] Apparently they "fixed" some Thylacine, but the gene is still mostly unusable, imo. Light terts on dark prims are still impossible with that gene. But anyway. I think it's a little bit too late for this. The gene was changed because the team released it and it was inconsistent. I think keeping genes consistent is very important -- and it's just as important to hold the admins accountable for releasing a gene when it seems they didn't put all of their effort into it. When a gene is released, that should be it. Done. Finished product. Polished and buffed, done from start to finish. There shouldn't have to be any after-the-fact edits. A gene should not be made available to us until it is [i]completely [/i]done -- colors and patterns correct and consistent across every breed. I don't agree that the original Jupiter/Saturn should be re-released as their own genes, as I can only see that causing problems when people accidentally buy the wrong one. This is a misstep that I don't think can be properly fixed now -- except maybe to refund people the treasure they used to buy a Scroll for the old pattern if they dislike the new one. :/
gemajgall wrote on 2016-06-30:
Sopheroo wrote on 2016-06-30:

I agree with this. However, I don't like the old or the new version of the genes, so...

Apparently they "fixed" some Thylacine, but the gene is still mostly unusable, imo. Light terts on dark prims are still impossible with that gene. But anyway.

I think it's a little bit too late for this. The gene was changed because the team released it and it was inconsistent. I think keeping genes consistent is very important -- and it's just as important to hold the admins accountable for releasing a gene when it seems they didn't put all of their effort into it. When a gene is released, that should be it. Done. Finished product. Polished and buffed, done from start to finish. There shouldn't have to be any after-the-fact edits. A gene should not be made available to us until it is completely done -- colors and patterns correct and consistent across every breed.

I don't agree that the original Jupiter/Saturn should be re-released as their own genes, as I can only see that causing problems when people accidentally buy the wrong one. This is a misstep that I don't think can be properly fixed now -- except maybe to refund people the treasure they used to buy a Scroll for the old pattern if they dislike the new one. :/
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5