Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fairgrounds game: Tetris
1 2 3
This suggestion was made a while ago. But since I was about to make it myself when the forum search turned up this topic, I figured I'd post here instead.

Go tetris! Give us a fun keyboard-playable game!
This suggestion was made a while ago. But since I was about to make it myself when the forum search turned up this topic, I figured I'd post here instead.

Go tetris! Give us a fun keyboard-playable game!
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
Is this even possible from a legal standpoint? I'm pretty sure Tetris is copyrighted - see this Ars Technica article from a few years back. The article names a number of key features to Tetris that when used in tandem amount to a clone, and I have a hard time seeing how a 'Tetris' game could be done without just copying wholesale.

It would need to be themed entirely differently with different 4-block pieces, imo - sort of how Artifracture is a Bejewelled clone, but different enough.
Is this even possible from a legal standpoint? I'm pretty sure Tetris is copyrighted - see this Ars Technica article from a few years back. The article names a number of key features to Tetris that when used in tandem amount to a clone, and I have a hard time seeing how a 'Tetris' game could be done without just copying wholesale.

It would need to be themed entirely differently with different 4-block pieces, imo - sort of how Artifracture is a Bejewelled clone, but different enough.
LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
I know I’m late but SUPPORT!
I like SaikiyoLuna’s idea of locating Icebergs. That’d be super fun!
I know I’m late but SUPPORT!
I like SaikiyoLuna’s idea of locating Icebergs. That’d be super fun!
Half an Egg Challenge
Cheap, Derpy Art
The Spear Games (Day 2)

LJfZA40.pngmlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

70662466p.png Velrosan2023.png

Late to the party, but I'd love this!
Late to the party, but I'd love this!
YES
YES
Heyo! I used to be FlameNinja, but something happened to that account, but I'm back now!
@Swordmaster Maybe with color matches or something? Like a pink pice matched with another pink pice gives you a small bonus?
totally not rooting for a word game. no, totally not :)
@Swordmaster Maybe with color matches or something? Like a pink pice matched with another pink pice gives you a small bonus?
totally not rooting for a word game. no, totally not :)
Z1RkWWM.png
[quote name="Swordmaster" date="2020-07-24 20:26:17" ] Is this even possible from a legal standpoint? I'm pretty sure Tetris is copyrighted - see this Ars Technica article from a few years back. The article names a number of key features to Tetris that when used in tandem amount to a clone, and I have a hard time seeing how a 'Tetris' game could be done without just copying wholesale. It would need to be themed entirely differently with different 4-block pieces, imo - sort of how Artifracture is a Bejewelled clone, but different enough. [/quote] The only similar but not-clone game I can think of is Tricky Towers, which is a tower-building/balancing game using tertriminoes. Not sure what other unique spins could be put on a game like that without it basically becoming Puyo Puyo.
Swordmaster wrote on 2020-07-24 20:26:17:

The only similar but not-clone game I can think of is Tricky Towers, which is a tower-building/balancing game using tertriminoes.

Not sure what other unique spins could be put on a game like that without it basically becoming Puyo Puyo.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
man this is old. i think it would be cool, but wouldn't this be too similar to shock switch though?
man this is old. i think it would be cool, but wouldn't this be too similar to shock switch though?
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png
I'm pretty sure that Tetris is copyrighted. Webkinz had it back in 2009, and named it Bamboo Break (LOL), but it was taken off the site after less than a year for what I assumed were legal reasons.
I'm pretty sure that Tetris is copyrighted. Webkinz had it back in 2009, and named it Bamboo Break (LOL), but it was taken off the site after less than a year for what I assumed were legal reasons.
aw tetris would be awesome
aw tetris would be awesome
1 2 3