Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Doglover287915" date="2021-01-24 07:31:12" ] While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons. Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much. [/quote] one way to do this is potentially instead of giving a cuckoo breed, when incubating you could get a cuckoo scroll. Not sure I actually like the idea, but it is a way to obtain the breed itself. I do agree that there doesn't need to be more 'can't apply to existing dragons' stuff, so there would need to be scrolls.
Doglover287915 wrote on 2021-01-24 07:31:12:
While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons.

Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much.
one way to do this is potentially instead of giving a cuckoo breed, when incubating you could get a cuckoo scroll. Not sure I actually like the idea, but it is a way to obtain the breed itself.

I do agree that there doesn't need to be more 'can't apply to existing dragons' stuff, so there would need to be scrolls.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Who necroed this
Who necroed this
66.png
I think this concept would be awesome for the plague ancient, as plague is supposed to be infected, so they could get some funky mutations cause Plague Mom got creative <3

And if this was only used for the Plague Ancient, those who don't like it can still play as normal and not breed the Plague Ancient. Those who are dying for this can hatch some fun that's been concocted in the Quarantine Zone!
I think this concept would be awesome for the plague ancient, as plague is supposed to be infected, so they could get some funky mutations cause Plague Mom got creative <3

And if this was only used for the Plague Ancient, those who don't like it can still play as normal and not breed the Plague Ancient. Those who are dying for this can hatch some fun that's been concocted in the Quarantine Zone!
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-24 07:41:31" ] [quote name="Doglover287915" date="2021-01-24 07:31:12" ] While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons. Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much. [/quote] one way to do this is potentially instead of giving a cuckoo breed, when incubating you could get a cuckoo scroll. Not sure I actually like the idea, but it is a way to obtain the breed itself. I do agree that there doesn't need to be more 'can't apply to existing dragons' stuff, so there would need to be scrolls. [/quote] Baldwin seems likely to be the one to see a new breed of cuckoo dragons flying around and adding eggs to random nests and figure out a way to make a scroll for them, which would keep the addition to nests bit while not in any way retiring or making unavailable the scroll because that would be a really bad idea. A separate chance of dropping a scroll on incubation could also work, but I'd worry about an influx of hatchlings to the game as suddenly running five nests at all times becomes profitable even for people who don't usually do fodder, and stays there long after cuckoos themselves have been bred into being relatively common. I do like the idea of having the chance to add a cuckoo egg on incubation, I'm bad about forgetting to incubate my nests and that might also make it more memorable to do so
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-24 07:41:31:
Doglover287915 wrote on 2021-01-24 07:31:12:
While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons.

Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much.
one way to do this is potentially instead of giving a cuckoo breed, when incubating you could get a cuckoo scroll. Not sure I actually like the idea, but it is a way to obtain the breed itself.

I do agree that there doesn't need to be more 'can't apply to existing dragons' stuff, so there would need to be scrolls.
Baldwin seems likely to be the one to see a new breed of cuckoo dragons flying around and adding eggs to random nests and figure out a way to make a scroll for them, which would keep the addition to nests bit while not in any way retiring or making unavailable the scroll because that would be a really bad idea. A separate chance of dropping a scroll on incubation could also work, but I'd worry about an influx of hatchlings to the game as suddenly running five nests at all times becomes profitable even for people who don't usually do fodder, and stays there long after cuckoos themselves have been bred into being relatively common.

I do like the idea of having the chance to add a cuckoo egg on incubation, I'm bad about forgetting to incubate my nests and that might also make it more memorable to do so
wq9PoXA.png
I actually really like this idea. I'm too tired right now to read the whole thread but this would be a cool way for lore intensive lairs to get some cool new things to work into their stories. Also, for players like me, it would be a great way to open up new breeding challenge possibilities!
I actually really like this idea. I'm too tired right now to read the whole thread but this would be a cool way for lore intensive lairs to get some cool new things to work into their stories. Also, for players like me, it would be a great way to open up new breeding challenge possibilities!
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8