Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cuckoo Breed and Mutations Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-11-10 09:21:49" ] Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate. This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs. I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby) [/quote] (snipped nested quote for brevity) What if the cuckoo chance was rolled when the nest was incubated? I [i]love[/i] the thought of a one-egg nest gradually adding eggs over time, but I agree that adding at rollover is very exploitable. There would really need to be a hard cap on this, whether at 5 or 6 eggs is completely arbitrary but adding 5 more cuckoo eggs to a 5 egg nest is silly. I do like your idea though!
Jemadar wrote on 2019-11-10 09:21:49:
Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate.

This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs.

I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby)

(snipped nested quote for brevity)

What if the cuckoo chance was rolled when the nest was incubated? I love the thought of a one-egg nest gradually adding eggs over time, but I agree that adding at rollover is very exploitable. There would really need to be a hard cap on this, whether at 5 or 6 eggs is completely arbitrary but adding 5 more cuckoo eggs to a 5 egg nest is silly. I do like your idea though!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2019-11-10 10:57:45" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-11-10 09:21:49" ] Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate. This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs. I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby) [/quote] (snipped nested quote for brevity) What if the cuckoo chance was rolled when the nest was incubated? I [i]love[/i] the thought of a one-egg nest gradually adding eggs over time, but I agree that adding at rollover is very exploitable. There would really need to be a hard cap on this, whether at 5 or 6 eggs is completely arbitrary but adding 5 more cuckoo eggs to a 5 egg nest is silly. I do like your idea though! [/quote] Having it done at incubation would be a good idea as that would give a set limit on the number of chances a player has to add to the nest. I think the original idea was that you could get up to 5 eggs, so it wasn't actually going over the current egg limit. I just objected to it being passively added, so that players could just leave nests to gather eggs over time. Having it so that the chance isn't rolled until the player actually interacts with the nest is the best way to go about it, as that gives a finite chance per nest to actually obtain a cuckoo
FliptheFrog wrote on 2019-11-10 10:57:45:
Jemadar wrote on 2019-11-10 09:21:49:
Just saw this, and I don't think this would really work. For one, you don't have to incubate.

This would mean that unless it was a potential for it only upon incubation, a player could have five 1 egged nests, leave them until they all become 5 egg nest, and hatch 4 cuckoos per nest. If it were enough to give the ability to become a five egg nest during a normal incubation of 5 days, it wouldn't take that long for the average player to just let their nests gather eggs.

I think the best way of doing this would be to simply add the chance for a cuckoo either upon breeding, so a 1 egg nest would become a 2 egg nest, or upon hatching, so you hatch a 5 egg nest and could end up with 6 babies (if your lair is full, you don't have the chance to hatch an extra baby)

(snipped nested quote for brevity)

What if the cuckoo chance was rolled when the nest was incubated? I love the thought of a one-egg nest gradually adding eggs over time, but I agree that adding at rollover is very exploitable. There would really need to be a hard cap on this, whether at 5 or 6 eggs is completely arbitrary but adding 5 more cuckoo eggs to a 5 egg nest is silly. I do like your idea though!
Having it done at incubation would be a good idea as that would give a set limit on the number of chances a player has to add to the nest.

I think the original idea was that you could get up to 5 eggs, so it wasn't actually going over the current egg limit. I just objected to it being passively added, so that players could just leave nests to gather eggs over time. Having it so that the chance isn't rolled until the player actually interacts with the nest is the best way to go about it, as that gives a finite chance per nest to actually obtain a cuckoo

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support
Support
Half an Egg Challenge
Cheap, Derpy Art
The Spear Games (Day 2)

LJfZA40.pngmlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

70662466p.png Velrosan2023.png

Support, more breeding possibilities the better!
Support, more breeding possibilities the better!
I support this, both the mutation and the Cuckoo dragon idea!
I support this, both the mutation and the Cuckoo dragon idea!
Support, this would make a lot of hatching a welcome surprise!
Support, this would make a lot of hatching a welcome surprise!
earthh5.png
I'm whatever on the mutagen idea (it would depend on the mutations available) but I absolutely love the idea of a cuckoo breed. I like the idea of them having the coloring of the parents, though randomized g1s would be fun as well!
I'm whatever on the mutagen idea (it would depend on the mutations available) but I absolutely love the idea of a cuckoo breed. I like the idea of them having the coloring of the parents, though randomized g1s would be fun as well!
support! but maybe the lore for the cuckoo? statue thing could be rumored to give you more eggs but theres also a rumor that it mutate a egg?
support! but maybe the lore for the cuckoo? statue thing could be rumored to give you more eggs but theres also a rumor that it mutate a egg?
woomp

i have an art store click on my profile and look at my recent forums :3
I love the cuckoo idea!!!
I love the cuckoo idea!!!
suggestion to pin the focus digsite!
While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons.

Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much.
While I like both ideas I do not want anything else exclusive to bred offspring only, I would only support if there was at least some way to apply to current dragons.

Such as you need to find it through an event or at least they are very rare. Though a way people can at least work for it. Anything other than roundsey pretty much.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8