Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Spaces in dragon names?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
Support, but I agree with Astrolotl. People could just add a bunch of spaces and make an offensive name. There would have to be something to prevent that.. I also agree with OP, there should be a cap for the spaces. I do like this idea though.
Support, but I agree with Astrolotl. People could just add a bunch of spaces and make an offensive name. There would have to be something to prevent that.. I also agree with OP, there should be a cap for the spaces. I do like this idea though.
HKLesf5.png
they/them
fr time + 3
[quote name="Astrolotl" date="2014-10-20 15:30:02"]I'd like this, but it'd be easier for users to put offensive names on their dragons by using spaces to separate the letters or putting a space in the middle of the word.[/quote] Shouldn't actually be an issue, it's easy enough for a simple function to strip out the spaces and check for disallowed words the same way it does now. [quote name="PrinceOfTurtles" date="2014-10-20 18:48:08"]Much support on this. I get tired enough using camel case when programming, don't like having to use it here too. Even with the random generator, there are only so many good one word names.[/quote] Yes. This.
Astrolotl wrote on 2014-10-20 15:30:02:
I'd like this, but it'd be easier for users to put offensive names on their dragons by using spaces to separate the letters or putting a space in the middle of the word.

Shouldn't actually be an issue, it's easy enough for a simple function to strip out the spaces and check for disallowed words the same way it does now.
PrinceOfTurtles wrote on 2014-10-20 18:48:08:
Much support on this. I get tired enough using camel case when programming, don't like having to use it here too. Even with the random generator, there are only so many good one word names.

Yes. This.
sigFR.png
So much support. I've got a bunch of two word names I'd love to use, but I can't bring myself to right now because they look so stupid smashed together.
So much support. I've got a bunch of two word names I'd love to use, but I can't bring myself to right now because they look so stupid smashed together.
B3bYI9z.png
Oh, yes please. Support - I'm not sure why this isn't an option already. I don't have any unnamed dragons so I can't check at the moment, but I wonder if we can put apostrophes and hyphens in names as well.
Oh, yes please. Support - I'm not sure why this isn't an option already. I don't have any unnamed dragons so I can't check at the moment, but I wonder if we can put apostrophes and hyphens in names as well.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[quote name="Monk" date="2014-10-21 07:30:50"]So much support. I've got a bunch of two word names I'd love to use, but I can't bring myself to right now because they look so stupid smashed together.[/quote]
Monk wrote on 2014-10-21 07:30:50:
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
I'm surprised this isn't a thing already. Support!
I'm surprised this isn't a thing already. Support!
Please ping me
whenever you're
replying to me!
windf1.pngarcanef1.pnglightf1.png
THIS SO MUCH

you dont even know how many dragons i've thought of names for only to realize i would have to type the name LikeThis or Like_This.

x100000000 Support
THIS SO MUCH

you dont even know how many dragons i've thought of names for only to realize i would have to type the name LikeThis or Like_This.

x100000000 Support
Support so much
Support so much
bH7MWqP.png
Please merciful Lightweaver.

Support.
Please merciful Lightweaver.

Support.
itUKoww.pngFyaVcOZ.pngpP2K51Q.pngpkt5tJ1.png3taVtCs.png3fSUhqQ.png
Support!
Support!
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat