Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Spaces in dragon names?
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Support!

Adding numbers would be great too, I have a dragon whose name is supposed to spelled as Ga1ahad, and one as Lancel0t, but I had to use the letters L and O for their names because numbers aren't allowed, despite being alphanumerical, which is said to be allowed.
Support!

Adding numbers would be great too, I have a dragon whose name is supposed to spelled as Ga1ahad, and one as Lancel0t, but I had to use the letters L and O for their names because numbers aren't allowed, despite being alphanumerical, which is said to be allowed.
Im back
Still support this.

Also support numbers, as well as the following symbols: - _ ' "

I also think that accented letters should be allowed due to unaccented letters causing some names to become inappropriate otherwise.
Still support this.

Also support numbers, as well as the following symbols: - _ ' "

I also think that accented letters should be allowed due to unaccented letters causing some names to become inappropriate otherwise.
Nq0eoGi.png
support!
support!
45399.png
-- -- --

> he/it
> FR Time +3
> Wishlist

-- -- --
Oh this would make naming dragons SO MUCH EASIER! Yes please!
Oh this would make naming dragons SO MUCH EASIER! Yes please!
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
I can't think of any reason this shouldn't be doable. Dragons are identified in the database by their ID numbers in any case since names aren't unique. The one legit reason I can see not to is that some immature individuals would use the space to try to get around filters on bad names. Since the space could appear anywhere in an otherwise banned word, the number of possibilities needed to be checked against would go way up. It's probably not worth the system resources to do.
I can't think of any reason this shouldn't be doable. Dragons are identified in the database by their ID numbers in any case since names aren't unique. The one legit reason I can see not to is that some immature individuals would use the space to try to get around filters on bad names. Since the space could appear anywhere in an otherwise banned word, the number of possibilities needed to be checked against would go way up. It's probably not worth the system resources to do.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
[quote name="Ygdrasill" date="2019-12-01 22:08:01" ] The one legit reason I can see not to is that some immature individuals would use the space to try to get around filters on bad names. Since the space could appear anywhere in an otherwise banned word, the number of possibilities needed to be checked against would go way up. It's probably not worth the system resources to do. [/quote] Considering people can already get around the filter by combining words this reason seems largely groundless. For example, the filter doesn't catch "F-wordWord" as a banned name. Combine two slurs or a name/word and slur and they pass the filter just fine. No need for flexible spelling. Do a search on user or dragon names with any bit of profanity that would be banned by itself and you'll get multiple hits on compound names. So adding spaces (and/or numbers, special characters) likely won't make it much worse, since it's already absurdly easy to bypass the filter. At least then if someone tries "F-word Word" the filter WILL actually catch it.
Ygdrasill wrote on 2019-12-01 22:08:01:
The one legit reason I can see not to is that some immature individuals would use the space to try to get around filters on bad names. Since the space could appear anywhere in an otherwise banned word, the number of possibilities needed to be checked against would go way up. It's probably not worth the system resources to do.

Considering people can already get around the filter by combining words this reason seems largely groundless. For example, the filter doesn't catch "F-wordWord" as a banned name. Combine two slurs or a name/word and slur and they pass the filter just fine. No need for flexible spelling. Do a search on user or dragon names with any bit of profanity that would be banned by itself and you'll get multiple hits on compound names.

So adding spaces (and/or numbers, special characters) likely won't make it much worse, since it's already absurdly easy to bypass the filter. At least then if someone tries "F-word Word" the filter WILL actually catch it.
Support
Support
tumblr_p0kq03Ku9S1w8xkufo4_250.png
Support for spaces, hyphens, apostrophes and diacritics, no support for numbers.
Support for spaces, hyphens, apostrophes and diacritics, no support for numbers.
Ooh, I'm green from unicellular algae-- oh wait, is it actually of envy?
o2J2pf7.png
Support. This would be very useful.
Support. This would be very useful.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
Much support for allowing spaces

And for the symbols - and ‘
Much support for allowing spaces

And for the symbols - and ‘
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33