Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight-Based Genes
1 2
I would like this, but it's kinda 'meh' on the list of things I actually want to be implemented.
I would like this, but it's kinda 'meh' on the list of things I actually want to be implemented.
I have mixed feelings on this but I like the concept.
I'm not sure if it can be executed fairly. Each gene takes a lot of work, and it could take a year or so to get to a specific flight's gene.

I think it would be too big of a commitment.
I have mixed feelings on this but I like the concept.
I'm not sure if it can be executed fairly. Each gene takes a lot of work, and it could take a year or so to get to a specific flight's gene.

I think it would be too big of a commitment.
I would support if shadow's genes involve bio luminescent spots or glowing mushrooms growing off the dragon.

:V also plague's has to be plague boils.

(the only way I'd see this work. is if the gene wasn't based on the tert colors but specifically on what flight the dragon is)
I would support if shadow's genes involve bio luminescent spots or glowing mushrooms growing off the dragon.

:V also plague's has to be plague boils.

(the only way I'd see this work. is if the gene wasn't based on the tert colors but specifically on what flight the dragon is)
art_sig_by_shadowheart626-d75zq6p.gif 363.png[/acronym]shadowbinder_sprite_by_shadowheart626-d7u22jh.png
Support! It would definitely be good for people renting nests, since now you might want a breeding project in a different nest for more than eye color. Maybe genes based on the deities?

Some possible gene suggestions based on deities:

Light: those light tendril looking things with the bulbs on the end
Shadow: a glow around the dragon
Arcane: No idea, sorry
Lightning: lightning marks on the wings
Water: more fins?
Fire: flames forming a fan around the head, or coming off the dragon's paws
Ice: I would say a dragon that looks like it's made of ice, but now we have Crystal....so maybe just the wings looking like ice?
Plague: boils
Nature: leaves or bark like patterns
Earth: rock outcroppings from the feet or wings
Wind: clouds patterns, or outcroppings

The genes could work like elemental battle stones, where only dragons of that element could use the scroll, and maybe users could get a discount on gene scrolls of their element. And of course the gene could be passed on, but only if it was a nest of the right element. Two nature dragons with the gene couldn't lay a lightning nest and pass on their gene, but if those two dragons used a nature nest they could. And of course if a nature and a lightning dragon with the gene laid a nest, the elemental nest they used would pass on the gene.

Or, and here's another suggestion, it could be an option to gene a nest. Then every dragon laid in that nest would have a chance of getting the gene.
Support! It would definitely be good for people renting nests, since now you might want a breeding project in a different nest for more than eye color. Maybe genes based on the deities?

Some possible gene suggestions based on deities:

Light: those light tendril looking things with the bulbs on the end
Shadow: a glow around the dragon
Arcane: No idea, sorry
Lightning: lightning marks on the wings
Water: more fins?
Fire: flames forming a fan around the head, or coming off the dragon's paws
Ice: I would say a dragon that looks like it's made of ice, but now we have Crystal....so maybe just the wings looking like ice?
Plague: boils
Nature: leaves or bark like patterns
Earth: rock outcroppings from the feet or wings
Wind: clouds patterns, or outcroppings

The genes could work like elemental battle stones, where only dragons of that element could use the scroll, and maybe users could get a discount on gene scrolls of their element. And of course the gene could be passed on, but only if it was a nest of the right element. Two nature dragons with the gene couldn't lay a lightning nest and pass on their gene, but if those two dragons used a nature nest they could. And of course if a nature and a lightning dragon with the gene laid a nest, the elemental nest they used would pass on the gene.

Or, and here's another suggestion, it could be an option to gene a nest. Then every dragon laid in that nest would have a chance of getting the gene.
1 2