Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scrying Workshop Improvements
1 2 3 4
Building this thread to try to centralize some of these. Please add in your scrying workshop ideas in a comment. Any ideas added by a comment will be edited into this master post, so you can easy see what has already been suggested.
  • Combine "Assay Bloodlines" under "Forsee Progeny." This would make the Forsee Progeny option work like when you're previewing before you nest- if the dragons are related, you get a notice that tells you so. (Clarification: The notice would not prevent you from seeing offspring combinations, it would just be a little note at the top of the page)
  • Put a 'random' button on the Predict Morphology page
  • From @AmityWall "Incorporate a drop down box under Foresee Progeny, in addition to the text box, that will allow us to easily select one of our dragons to compare with a dragon before we buy for breeding purposes."
  • From @HMS "Assay Bloodlines/Foresee Progeny leave a note for when dragons are the same gender, because it's easy to mix IDs up when checking a bunch of dragons. Not disabling checking a bloodlines match, and not turning up a failed match, because sometimes testing two same gender dragons is useful when checking their bloodlines and not the individuals. Have it just make a note."
Building this thread to try to centralize some of these. Please add in your scrying workshop ideas in a comment. Any ideas added by a comment will be edited into this master post, so you can easy see what has already been suggested.
  • Combine "Assay Bloodlines" under "Forsee Progeny." This would make the Forsee Progeny option work like when you're previewing before you nest- if the dragons are related, you get a notice that tells you so. (Clarification: The notice would not prevent you from seeing offspring combinations, it would just be a little note at the top of the page)
  • Put a 'random' button on the Predict Morphology page
  • From @AmityWall "Incorporate a drop down box under Foresee Progeny, in addition to the text box, that will allow us to easily select one of our dragons to compare with a dragon before we buy for breeding purposes."
  • From @HMS "Assay Bloodlines/Foresee Progeny leave a note for when dragons are the same gender, because it's easy to mix IDs up when checking a bunch of dragons. Not disabling checking a bloodlines match, and not turning up a failed match, because sometimes testing two same gender dragons is useful when checking their bloodlines and not the individuals. Have it just make a note."
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Bumping
Bumping
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Support for both!
Support for both!
Here's another suggestion:

Incorporate a drop down box under Foresee Progeny, in addition to the text box, that will allow us to easily select one of our dragons to compare with a dragon before we buy for breeding purposes. Then instead of having to open a new tab and navigate to our dragon's page to get their ID number, they're select-able right on the page and you'll only need the ID for the dragon that isn't already yours.
Here's another suggestion:

Incorporate a drop down box under Foresee Progeny, in addition to the text box, that will allow us to easily select one of our dragons to compare with a dragon before we buy for breeding purposes. Then instead of having to open a new tab and navigate to our dragon's page to get their ID number, they're select-able right on the page and you'll only need the ID for the dragon that isn't already yours.
I only support combining Assay Bloodlines and Foresee Progeny if it's a small note underneath the panel. If it's a notice that pops up every single time or if it prevents you from seeing offspring entirely, then no support.

I and other users will check the offspring of related dragons, same gendered dragons, and even exalted dragons to plan breeding projects and to search for mates. If the predicted babies of male dragon X and male dragon Y don't look as good together as I hoped, I know not to waste my time trying to find a female version of either dragon.

I like Amitywall's suggestion though.
I only support combining Assay Bloodlines and Foresee Progeny if it's a small note underneath the panel. If it's a notice that pops up every single time or if it prevents you from seeing offspring entirely, then no support.

I and other users will check the offspring of related dragons, same gendered dragons, and even exalted dragons to plan breeding projects and to search for mates. If the predicted babies of male dragon X and male dragon Y don't look as good together as I hoped, I know not to waste my time trying to find a female version of either dragon.

I like Amitywall's suggestion though.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Posting to support Acacophony and AmityWall's ideas.
Posting to support Acacophony and AmityWall's ideas.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
Added AmityWall's idea to the main post, and clarified my own point.
Added AmityWall's idea to the main post, and clarified my own point.
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@BreathingFlames

I wanna see how this post turns out.. :D
@BreathingFlames

I wanna see how this post turns out.. :D
wind_contest.png
Flight Rising Time +7 (GMT)
Bump
Bump
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Bump
Bump
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
1 2 3 4