Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
I doubt people will slow down breeding if there was less incentive to exalt. This is a breeding sim. People are going to breed. Cutting in on people's profits and way they expand their lairs isn't going to help. We need more, non-treasure exalt bonuses to weed more dragons from the system without spiking inflation.
I doubt people will slow down breeding if there was less incentive to exalt. This is a breeding sim. People are going to breed. Cutting in on people's profits and way they expand their lairs isn't going to help. We need more, non-treasure exalt bonuses to weed more dragons from the system without spiking inflation.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@TigerLily - But wouldn't more exalt bonuses make people get more dragons out of the system? That's the goal! You should try and convince people to exalt what they breed. =o I know I train/exalt what I breed if it doesn't sell by the time they're adults.

There's no need to mess with breeding, only more incentives to get people to exalt what they breed. That keeps the system flowing.
@TigerLily - But wouldn't more exalt bonuses make people get more dragons out of the system? That's the goal! You should try and convince people to exalt what they breed. =o I know I train/exalt what I breed if it doesn't sell by the time they're adults.

There's no need to mess with breeding, only more incentives to get people to exalt what they breed. That keeps the system flowing.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
@mewhaku
The way I see it, if you boost the payout more people will do it more frequently. So it isn't really controlling or reducing it. If I remember correctly, and since I don't pay too much attention to breeding/exalt announcements and such I could very well be wrong, but the dragon population/number in AH spiked after payout on exalt was raised. Or maybe it was because everyone's lairs filled to capacity. Or... maybe it was after the lair size cap was raised. regardless, my own logic tells me that if people get more reward from doing something, they won't do it less, they will do it more.
@mewhaku
The way I see it, if you boost the payout more people will do it more frequently. So it isn't really controlling or reducing it. If I remember correctly, and since I don't pay too much attention to breeding/exalt announcements and such I could very well be wrong, but the dragon population/number in AH spiked after payout on exalt was raised. Or maybe it was because everyone's lairs filled to capacity. Or... maybe it was after the lair size cap was raised. regardless, my own logic tells me that if people get more reward from doing something, they won't do it less, they will do it more.
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
@TigerLily - ? I don't believe there was any correlation between exlat price being raised and there being more breedings, I simply think that there were more dragons. And during dominance battles exalting incentives make dragons skyrocket in price. So we want more exalting done, so that we don't see dragons sold for 3k all the time. If the exalt base price was raised to 6k for example, you wouldn't see dragons sold under 6k.

We want dragons out of the breeding population, but we don't want to turn down the diversity in colors/genes/etc. I know personally I still have dream color aims that are very difficult- even when everyone is mass breeding.
@TigerLily - ? I don't believe there was any correlation between exlat price being raised and there being more breedings, I simply think that there were more dragons. And during dominance battles exalting incentives make dragons skyrocket in price. So we want more exalting done, so that we don't see dragons sold for 3k all the time. If the exalt base price was raised to 6k for example, you wouldn't see dragons sold under 6k.

We want dragons out of the breeding population, but we don't want to turn down the diversity in colors/genes/etc. I know personally I still have dream color aims that are very difficult- even when everyone is mass breeding.
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
@TigerLily [quote]I think the biggest problem is that people are making a profit off of exalting. They'd probably be less likely to breed if the payout for exalting was less. [/quote] I can't speak for all profit-exalters, but for myself? I'd rather buy someone else's dragons to exalt than breed my own. If I buy Joe Schmoe's 4- or 5-day hatchlings for 5k, they're only sitting around in my lair for a day or two before they grow up and I can exalt them for 10k. I don't even have to feed them. If I breed my own, I have to wait five days before I can get rid of them and fill those slots with new exaltbait. In the same amount of time it takes one of my own hatchlings to grow up, I could have trained two or three (or more, if I can get adults) of someone else's hatchlings and marched them off to serve Glittermom. (On a related note, I don't like seeing dragons for less than 5k....because that makes it harder to find the 5-day hatchlings and adults. Please price all your exaltbait for 5k or other nice, round numbers. You get more profit, I get to find your dragons easier, win/win situation. Okay? Thank you.)
@TigerLily
Quote:
I think the biggest problem is that people are making a profit off of exalting. They'd probably be less likely to breed if the payout for exalting was less.

I can't speak for all profit-exalters, but for myself? I'd rather buy someone else's dragons to exalt than breed my own. If I buy Joe Schmoe's 4- or 5-day hatchlings for 5k, they're only sitting around in my lair for a day or two before they grow up and I can exalt them for 10k. I don't even have to feed them. If I breed my own, I have to wait five days before I can get rid of them and fill those slots with new exaltbait. In the same amount of time it takes one of my own hatchlings to grow up, I could have trained two or three (or more, if I can get adults) of someone else's hatchlings and marched them off to serve Glittermom.

(On a related note, I don't like seeing dragons for less than 5k....because that makes it harder to find the 5-day hatchlings and adults. Please price all your exaltbait for 5k or other nice, round numbers. You get more profit, I get to find your dragons easier, win/win situation. Okay? Thank you.)
@mewhaku
I thought that's what you were saying, that the exalt bonuses (price? similar meaning, really) should be raised. If you weren't, then I misunderstood and apologize; just disregard what I said. :)

@Nenya
I agree with you, breeding just to have dragons exalted does not seem as good a choice as just exalting outright, since, feeding alone is part of the cost of exalt fodder. However, the pricing seems just right for exalters so that is the connection I drew between the two, even if breeder and exalter are two different people.
@mewhaku
I thought that's what you were saying, that the exalt bonuses (price? similar meaning, really) should be raised. If you weren't, then I misunderstood and apologize; just disregard what I said. :)

@Nenya
I agree with you, breeding just to have dragons exalted does not seem as good a choice as just exalting outright, since, feeding alone is part of the cost of exalt fodder. However, the pricing seems just right for exalters so that is the connection I drew between the two, even if breeder and exalter are two different people.
@TigerLily - Yep, I was saying that maybe the exalt base price should be raised and breeding as it stands left intact. I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything you said as well. ^^;
@TigerLily - Yep, I was saying that maybe the exalt base price should be raised and breeding as it stands left intact. I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything you said as well. ^^;
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
@TigerLily I'm not sure I'm following your logic. More people exalting will mean more dragons taken out of the system. Even if people started breeding more (and I'm not sure they would), if their incentive was breed to exalt, they'd just take those bred dragons right back out of the system without the dragons flooding the AH.

Have exalt prices ever been raised? Do you have a link to that source? I'd love to read it. c: I know they upped the lair space, and lowered the cost for expansions, but I never heard about them raising the payout for exalting.

I've also never heard of exalting being thought of as a loss aside from sentimental value.
Where is the loss occuring? Not the exalter's side, I think. Buying a dragon for 5-8kT, leveling it in the coliseum to level7, and then exalting it for 11kT? That's at least 3kT profit per dragon for the exalter. While leveling the fodder, the exalter also gets coliseum drops, which helps them feed any fodder they pick up as well as their own dragons. They can sell excess food, which they do.
The breeder is getting between 5-8kT per dragon they sell. Let's say Breeder A has got 3 dragons and they are unable to sell them at their desired 50kT for 6 days. They lower their price to 7kT to move them out of their lair quickly to make room for new hatchings, and make a total of 21kT. They did have to feed these dragons for 6 days, so they lost a total of 54 food points. Greenpod Blooms are currently on the AH for 10 for 1010T. So if the breeder buys two 10 item stacks for 2020T, they come away with more than enough food points and still come out with a profit of 18,980T.

Could you explain your side so I understand better?
@TigerLily I'm not sure I'm following your logic. More people exalting will mean more dragons taken out of the system. Even if people started breeding more (and I'm not sure they would), if their incentive was breed to exalt, they'd just take those bred dragons right back out of the system without the dragons flooding the AH.

Have exalt prices ever been raised? Do you have a link to that source? I'd love to read it. c: I know they upped the lair space, and lowered the cost for expansions, but I never heard about them raising the payout for exalting.

I've also never heard of exalting being thought of as a loss aside from sentimental value.
Where is the loss occuring? Not the exalter's side, I think. Buying a dragon for 5-8kT, leveling it in the coliseum to level7, and then exalting it for 11kT? That's at least 3kT profit per dragon for the exalter. While leveling the fodder, the exalter also gets coliseum drops, which helps them feed any fodder they pick up as well as their own dragons. They can sell excess food, which they do.
The breeder is getting between 5-8kT per dragon they sell. Let's say Breeder A has got 3 dragons and they are unable to sell them at their desired 50kT for 6 days. They lower their price to 7kT to move them out of their lair quickly to make room for new hatchings, and make a total of 21kT. They did have to feed these dragons for 6 days, so they lost a total of 54 food points. Greenpod Blooms are currently on the AH for 10 for 1010T. So if the breeder buys two 10 item stacks for 2020T, they come away with more than enough food points and still come out with a profit of 18,980T.

Could you explain your side so I understand better?
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

i cant find the news post (if it wasnt delete or thrown in a random place) news posts were well known to be deleted off and on back then.
but back with in the first few months of fr dragons only exalted for about 1k each *as a hatchling.
the exalt pay out was tweaked twice ... not counting the installment of the "special daily bonuses"
the first one was a general spike to all dragons doubling the hatchling base limit and each level there after. 1k became 2k-2,500 as an average.

2nd increase that only affected level 1+ dragons.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=363136&p=mb (at the bottom)

edits: the first 4 dom battles (earth won the very first 2 weeks of FRs birth, fallowed by ice the fallowing 2 weeks) people were exalting dragons for 10k-30k to only get back around 1k each ...
@Confectionary

i cant find the news post (if it wasnt delete or thrown in a random place) news posts were well known to be deleted off and on back then.
but back with in the first few months of fr dragons only exalted for about 1k each *as a hatchling.
the exalt pay out was tweaked twice ... not counting the installment of the "special daily bonuses"
the first one was a general spike to all dragons doubling the hatchling base limit and each level there after. 1k became 2k-2,500 as an average.

2nd increase that only affected level 1+ dragons.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=363136&p=mb (at the bottom)

edits: the first 4 dom battles (earth won the very first 2 weeks of FRs birth, fallowed by ice the fallowing 2 weeks) people were exalting dragons for 10k-30k to only get back around 1k each ...
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
@Confectionary
I did not say that people are exalting at a loss. I don't know why you think I did.

@Tauros
Thank you. I thought it might have been raised more than once but I wasn't 100% certain.
@Confectionary
I did not say that people are exalting at a loss. I don't know why you think I did.

@Tauros
Thank you. I thought it might have been raised more than once but I wasn't 100% certain.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22