Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-02 09:57:55"][quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-02 09:55:20"]No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.[/quote] [b][u]This.[/u][/b][/quote] This this. An exalt currency/shop is the way to go, for sure.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-02 09:57:55:
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-02 09:55:20:
No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.

This.

This this.

An exalt currency/shop is the way to go, for sure.
@Nenya Had the most sensible view, IMO, of why this suggestion would not work. We need to encourage people to exalt more, not to stop breeding.
@Nenya Had the most sensible view, IMO, of why this suggestion would not work. We need to encourage people to exalt more, not to stop breeding.
No support. I like having my dragons breed multiple times. I think the time to hatch eggs is long enough already. And I like having 3 egg nests and hate having 1 egg nests.
No support. I like having my dragons breed multiple times. I think the time to hatch eggs is long enough already. And I like having 3 egg nests and hate having 1 egg nests.
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-02 13:18:02"][quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Possible ways to reduce breeding that have not been mentioned before: make the time on the nest longer--you get the excitement of knowing that your dragons are set up and ready to go, and there [i]will[/i] be eggs, but not yet.[/quote] Neutral on this. I don't really care about the incubation period. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"](Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates. [/quote] These are dragons. Not cats, not horses, not dogs. Not real life. They breed by magic. Ergo, magic could mean they can breed until they die. In FR, dragons do not die. That's not something that the Admins wanted to include, and so it doesn't happen. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)[/quote] Hell to the no, friend. There should not be a scroll that puts things [i]back the way they were,[/i] regarding how breeding works. There should be a scroll to change how things [i]can become[/i], but not to change it and then force everyone who joined the site and spent a year on it to pay to play how they played it in the first place. This quote here doesn't make sense to me, though. "if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year" Please tell me how those two things correlate? No dragon on this site is unexaltable when exchanged to another player. Just because [i]you[/i] have an attachment to the dragons you breed, doesn't mean someone else has to. On a completely different note, [i][b]I[/b][/i] am the only one who breeds my dragons. I don't depend on other's sentimentality to breed or not breed them. I don't see where you drew the connection. "The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)" It doesn't matter if there is no market. I would never have spent real money geneing up my dragons if I knew that they'd become infertile a few months down the road. Some I breed to sell, others I breed because I enjoy seeing the offspring and making stories with them. Not [i]everyone[/i] who spends money on dragons breeds to turn around a profit on them. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Everyone keeps talking about 'incentives to exalting', but nobody is talking much about what those could be. Monetary? I've got a pair of L25 dragons; it takes me less than ten minutes to level exalt fodder up to 7 or 8, which gives me significantly more than AH exalt fodder prices--compared to the hassle of re-listing the same dragon in the AH every single day for a week or three until it sells for a higher price, leveling and exalting already has me coming out ahead. People aren't refusing to exalt because of the money, they're doing it because of emotion.[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=261834&p=mb]Please read this thread. It is well over a year old and has been on the front page many a-time.[/url] [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Let exalted dragons keep their bios. Maybe make them un-editable, but let them have whatever story they have. A lot of my hatchlings that go to be exalted come from dragons I care about, with distinct backstories, and I'd feel a lot better about sending them off to the Windsinger if I got to make that little record of who and how they were first. FR's servers are already storing the images of every exalted dragon in the game; adding a few snippets of text cannot possibly take up that much more room. (If there's that much data overcrowding the servers already, then reducing the number of dragons born [i]is[/i] the only feasible solution.)[/quote] No support. Take [i]out[/i] more data for exalts. I would much rather have that space open for new dragon bios. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Make exaltation reversable, for some kind of enormously, outrageously expensive boon in the gem marketplace. Knowing that I [i]could[/i] potentially bring a dragon back would make me more inclined to exalt even though I probably never would. The dragon doesn't have to keep any of their stats or stones, can come back a total blank slate, just like any new hatchling.[/quote] See above. Reversing exaltation means saving bits that currently aren't saved, which means taking up more server space. No support. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Heck, give us multiple levels of exaltation, right, the dragon that's on a pilgrimage to serve the deity and the dragon that's gone and sworn to eternal service. High-level exaltation has a higher payout, isn't reversible, maybe only gets a very brief statement in their bio, and is great for all the total exalt fodder you just don't care about at all. Low-level exaltation sends away the dragons maybe forever maybe not, can be reversed at a high cost, and can maybe be bumped up to high-level exaltation later but it's more lucrative to do it all at once rather than in stages, or something.[/quote] Interesting idea, but again, exalts already take up more space than they need to. This issue also brings to question of "What if [i][b]I[/b][/i] didn't exalt the dragon? Can I still unexalt it?" My answer would be no. If I exalt a dragon it could be for story purposes. No matter how bad someone wants it, it should stay exalted. [/quote] Thanks for the very eloquent reply. It's all I wanted to say and saves me time typing it.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-02 13:18:02:
Agelaius wrote on 2014-10-02 12:58:19:
Possible ways to reduce breeding that have not been mentioned before: make the time on the nest longer--you get the excitement of knowing that your dragons are set up and ready to go, and there will be eggs, but not yet.
Neutral on this. I don't really care about the incubation period.
(Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates.
These are dragons. Not cats, not horses, not dogs. Not real life. They breed by magic. Ergo, magic could mean they can breed until they die. In FR, dragons do not die. That's not something that the Admins wanted to include, and so it doesn't happen.
Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)
Hell to the no, friend. There should not be a scroll that puts things back the way they were, regarding how breeding works. There should be a scroll to change how things can become, but not to change it and then force everyone who joined the site and spent a year on it to pay to play how they played it in the first place. This quote here doesn't make sense to me, though. "if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year" Please tell me how those two things correlate? No dragon on this site is unexaltable when exchanged to another player. Just because you have an attachment to the dragons you breed, doesn't mean someone else has to. On a completely different note, I am the only one who breeds my dragons. I don't depend on other's sentimentality to breed or not breed them. I don't see where you drew the connection.

"The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)"
It doesn't matter if there is no market. I would never have spent real money geneing up my dragons if I knew that they'd become infertile a few months down the road. Some I breed to sell, others I breed because I enjoy seeing the offspring and making stories with them. Not everyone who spends money on dragons breeds to turn around a profit on them.
Everyone keeps talking about 'incentives to exalting', but nobody is talking much about what those could be. Monetary? I've got a pair of L25 dragons; it takes me less than ten minutes to level exalt fodder up to 7 or 8, which gives me significantly more than AH exalt fodder prices--compared to the hassle of re-listing the same dragon in the AH every single day for a week or three until it sells for a higher price, leveling and exalting already has me coming out ahead. People aren't refusing to exalt because of the money, they're doing it because of emotion.

Please read this thread. It is well over a year old and has been on the front page many a-time.
Let exalted dragons keep their bios. Maybe make them un-editable, but let them have whatever story they have. A lot of my hatchlings that go to be exalted come from dragons I care about, with distinct backstories, and I'd feel a lot better about sending them off to the Windsinger if I got to make that little record of who and how they were first. FR's servers are already storing the images of every exalted dragon in the game; adding a few snippets of text cannot possibly take up that much more room. (If there's that much data overcrowding the servers already, then reducing the number of dragons born is the only feasible solution.)
No support. Take out more data for exalts. I would much rather have that space open for new dragon bios.
Make exaltation reversable, for some kind of enormously, outrageously expensive boon in the gem marketplace. Knowing that I could potentially bring a dragon back would make me more inclined to exalt even though I probably never would. The dragon doesn't have to keep any of their stats or stones, can come back a total blank slate, just like any new hatchling.
See above. Reversing exaltation means saving bits that currently aren't saved, which means taking up more server space. No support.
Heck, give us multiple levels of exaltation, right, the dragon that's on a pilgrimage to serve the deity and the dragon that's gone and sworn to eternal service. High-level exaltation has a higher payout, isn't reversible, maybe only gets a very brief statement in their bio, and is great for all the total exalt fodder you just don't care about at all. Low-level exaltation sends away the dragons maybe forever maybe not, can be reversed at a high cost, and can maybe be bumped up to high-level exaltation later but it's more lucrative to do it all at once rather than in stages, or something.
Interesting idea, but again, exalts already take up more space than they need to. This issue also brings to question of "What if I didn't exalt the dragon? Can I still unexalt it?" My answer would be no. If I exalt a dragon it could be for story purposes. No matter how bad someone wants it, it should stay exalted.

Thanks for the very eloquent reply. It's all I wanted to say and saves me time typing it.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Fjaer" date="2014-10-02 18:07:24"][quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-02 09:57:55"][quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-02 09:55:20"]No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.[/quote] [b][u]This.[/u][/b][/quote] This this. An exalt currency/shop is the way to go, for sure.[/quote]
Fjaer wrote on 2014-10-02 18:07:24:
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-02 09:57:55:
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-02 09:55:20:
No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.

This.

This this.

An exalt currency/shop is the way to go, for sure.
I just skimmed through this thread and I can sum my thoughts up with this.
I just skimmed through this thread and I can sum my thoughts up with this.
I'm not going to ping you, as you said you weren't going to be responding to this thread anymore, but since you pinged me I figured I would go ahead and reply. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 15:36:15"]@confectionary i have posted in the help forum or bugs forum or wherever it was i waited days for ANYONE to respond before giving up entirely[/quote] I was unable to locate the thread you made in either Help or Bug Reports, so I can't tell you why people didn't respond. My guess is clarity. It is [i]incredibly[/i] difficult trying to read your posts when they have no punctuation. Make a new thread and ping a moderator who might have suggestions in your second post. Try JCStitches, I have seen that moderator in the Help Forums quite often. You can also send them a PM asking for help. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 15:36:15"]i was making a point about the lack of things to do other than coli not trying to get help for my current issue and about the effort required to make a sale anymore[/quote] Fairgrounds is another form of income. If you want to sell dragons, you'll have to put effort in. There is no effort-free form of product selling. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 15:36:15"]"There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt." as dragonsage said here i take this to mean 'those who know how to advertise/are good at retail/sales are able to make a living on selling their dragons' [b]i'm not an entrepreneur, i'm a casual player i don't WANT to put a huge amount of effort into advertising and people. i work in retail i sell things to people all night long...i wanna throw my dragons on my hatchery page ping some people and toss em on AH[/b] [/quote] I'm sorry, this whole bolded bit came across as very childish to me. Reread what you wrote. Here is how it translated for me: "I don't want to work for my virtual money, I just want it handed to me." You are absolutely welcome to toss dragons into your hatchery, ping the people who requested to be pinged for them, and put them on the AH. But if you aren't willing to show your product to people who are looking for something similar, you have no one to blame for your dragons not selling but yourself. Removing everyone else's dragons from the AH and limiting their breeding so that [i]you[/i] can turn a profit, as now yours is the only available source, because you want to not put effort into making your money is very selfish. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 15:36:15"]so if i don't play the way these people play or have time and effort thrown into dragons i NO LONGER BREED because I CANNOT SELL THEM i deserve to not be able to sell my dragons?[/quote] You can breed dragons all you want. But you can't expect people to buy what you don't show. [b][u][i]You[/i][/u][/b] and [b][u][i]you[/i][/u][/b] alone made the conscious decision not to breed your dragons. No one told you "Stop breeding those dragons." The site did not forbid it. If you don't have the time or effort to advertise, you won't sell your product. That's just marketing, plain and simple. You can breed your dragons, and if the hatchlings don't sell by the time they grow up, exalt them. Coliseum seems to be working for the majority of users, so you need to keep on the help forums to get help and resolve whatever issue is stopping your Coliseum from working. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 15:36:15"]ugh ok i know that sounds like i'm angry i'm not i'm annoyed but i came back to say i read through Fayd's OP and i think those are some excellent ideas if it worked well enough (if any ideas were implemented previously ) i don't know that this idea ever would have occurred i'm actually really hoping to see a temple plan (more excited than for crafting) i went ahead and linked brokenglass to that thread i think she'll like it too[/quote] I'm glad you read through Fayd's suggestion. It's been around for a long time and has got some wonderful ideas that I hope to see implemented one day.
I'm not going to ping you, as you said you weren't going to be responding to this thread anymore, but since you pinged me I figured I would go ahead and reply.
NatsuTaka wrote on 2014-10-02 15:36:15:
@confectionary i have posted in the help forum or bugs forum or wherever it was i waited days for ANYONE to respond before giving up entirely
I was unable to locate the thread you made in either Help or Bug Reports, so I can't tell you why people didn't respond. My guess is clarity. It is incredibly difficult trying to read your posts when they have no punctuation.
Make a new thread and ping a moderator who might have suggestions in your second post. Try JCStitches, I have seen that moderator in the Help Forums quite often. You can also send them a PM asking for help.
i was making a point about the lack of things to do other than coli not trying to get help for my current issue and about the effort required to make a sale anymore
Fairgrounds is another form of income. If you want to sell dragons, you'll have to put effort in. There is no effort-free form of product selling.
"There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt." as dragonsage said here i take this to mean 'those who know how to advertise/are good at retail/sales are able to make a living on selling their dragons' i'm not an entrepreneur, i'm a casual player i don't WANT to put a huge amount of effort into advertising and people. i work in retail i sell things to people all night long...i wanna throw my dragons on my hatchery page ping some people and toss em on AH
I'm sorry, this whole bolded bit came across as very childish to me. Reread what you wrote. Here is how it translated for me: "I don't want to work for my virtual money, I just want it handed to me."
You are absolutely welcome to toss dragons into your hatchery, ping the people who requested to be pinged for them, and put them on the AH. But if you aren't willing to show your product to people who are looking for something similar, you have no one to blame for your dragons not selling but yourself. Removing everyone else's dragons from the AH and limiting their breeding so that you can turn a profit, as now yours is the only available source, because you want to not put effort into making your money is very selfish.
so if i don't play the way these people play or have time and effort thrown into dragons i NO LONGER BREED because I CANNOT SELL THEM i deserve to not be able to sell my dragons?
You can breed dragons all you want. But you can't expect people to buy what you don't show. You and you alone made the conscious decision not to breed your dragons. No one told you "Stop breeding those dragons." The site did not forbid it. If you don't have the time or effort to advertise, you won't sell your product. That's just marketing, plain and simple. You can breed your dragons, and if the hatchlings don't sell by the time they grow up, exalt them. Coliseum seems to be working for the majority of users, so you need to keep on the help forums to get help and resolve whatever issue is stopping your Coliseum from working.
ugh ok i know that sounds like i'm angry i'm not i'm annoyed but i came back to say i read through Fayd's OP and i think those are some excellent ideas if it worked well enough (if any ideas were implemented previously ) i don't know that this idea ever would have occurred i'm actually really hoping to see a temple plan (more excited than for crafting) i went ahead and linked brokenglass to that thread i think she'll like it too
I'm glad you read through Fayd's suggestion. It's been around for a long time and has got some wonderful ideas that I hope to see implemented one day.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No Support.

@Confectionary thank you for taking the time to write your explanation posts.
No Support.

@Confectionary thank you for taking the time to write your explanation posts.
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
No support here as well.

I'm on my 5th batch for my dreamdragon. I've allready refrained from breedchanging that pair into something I really like cause it would up the breeding cooldown and give me less chances for eggs.

The colors are near enough together too. And still I only got 2 'one color misses' out of 15 dragons I breed. If that plan (that I don't believe to work at all) gets put into motion I'll probably have to wait another year or two till I get my dreamdragon. And I think the lovely user that rents her nest to me every time will be sick of my pair by that time...especially when she procedes to only get one or at most 2 eggs out of them.
No support here as well.

I'm on my 5th batch for my dreamdragon. I've allready refrained from breedchanging that pair into something I really like cause it would up the breeding cooldown and give me less chances for eggs.

The colors are near enough together too. And still I only got 2 'one color misses' out of 15 dragons I breed. If that plan (that I don't believe to work at all) gets put into motion I'll probably have to wait another year or two till I get my dreamdragon. And I think the lovely user that rents her nest to me every time will be sick of my pair by that time...especially when she procedes to only get one or at most 2 eggs out of them.
From what I've seen, I think that most of the issue stems from a lack of lair space. Nobody is buying anything because nobody has any room.
From what I've seen, I think that most of the issue stems from a lack of lair space. Nobody is buying anything because nobody has any room.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22